Ranked WZ Mechanics, Good Or Bad For Solo Players?

Cempa

After I read the patch notes it seemed Ranked WZ are great for solo players because in the event of being matched against 8man team the system would give a warning so I can choose not to enter.

Did I read the patch notes correctly or did I miss something?

Also what is your opinion/view and why: 1.2 Ranked WZ mechanics, good or bad for solo players?

After I read the patch notes it seemed Ranked WZ are great for solo players because in the event of being matched against 8man team the system would give a warning so I can choose not to enter.

Also what is your opinion/view and why: 1.2 Ranked WZ mechanics, good or bad for solo players?

That would be good if it's true, certainly don't want to go up against premades when I solo queue.

All the class balance changes are for nothing if you have a pug team up against an organised team with communication, the different between class balance is noting compared to premade v pugs...

Edited by LillyWhiteS

I think its a great idea to allow solo players to participate in Ranked WZ. Solo and groups will have different rankings, so a solo player will only gain solo rank and group player will only gain group rank.

The idea of only allowing organized groups into ranked WZ comes form WoW Arena and it sucks. Guilds Wars is also breaking that and allowing solo players to PvP.

BUT the post is to discuss if the proposed mechanics are good or bad for the SOLO player?

Edited by Cempa

BUT the post is to discuss if the proposed mechanics are good or bad for the SOLO player?

Ofc its good for the solo player, there is no need to discuss that, as it will be just as normal warzones, you queue up solo, and you cant lose cause in the end you get the gear.

Ofc its good for the solo player, there is no need to discuss that, as it will be just as normal warzones, you queue up solo, and you cant lose cause in the end you get the gear.

Not really. if you are after Ranked gear you need a minimum win rate -ranking.

Wich will be set so low that you just need to win 50% of your games, wich is what you win with randoms.

The whole purpose of having ranked wzs goes out the window when you allow people to que up solo.

And i wouldnt even set foot anywhere near a ranked warzone if i needed a group, i dont care about it, but i can still see how just flat out moronic it is.

So it's not to do with your performance, meeting certain targets, but it's about how good everyone else in the pug is and hoping they are geared decently too :eek:

Didn't know that, was hoping it was how your performance was against other healers of your class and the mirror class etc, above average, below average that type of thing to see how you fare, or that it would at least play a part.

Edited by LillyWhiteS

Solo que rank will determine who the real pvp'ers are. I like it. I will probably enjoy solo more than group.

Once elite teams find perfect set ups the group que will be abandoned for the most part since lamer teams won't want to face them.

I thought the only warning you would get, would be if there is a 'mixed' match going on. AKA people queuing into the regular queue being mixed up with people queuing in the ranked queue.