The number of bugs is mind boggling

Veeius

I really enjoy the content of this game. But it is VERY disappointing that there are TONS of things that are broken.

Mobs that hide inside walls.

Force cloak doesn't disengage you from combat.

Force charge removes you from the world.

Quest items in ilum changed to "object has no name" and become unusable.

The list goes on and on and on AND ON.

Yes, I've played other mmo's near release, I haven't seen one that you had to pay for that is this buggy.

Rather than working feverishly on new content, can you please fix the old first?

Don't mistake me, swtor is an AMAZING game, and I really enjoy it. But quest breaking bugs (not to mention bugs that get me killed) are extremely frustrating.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too wonder exactly how many MMOs the OP has played from launch. Most games these days are released with no changes from well before beta to release. Swtor was one of the more polished ones I always thought.

All I can say about bugs though is to report them all. /bug ftw.

You either report the bugs, or you live with them, or you quit the game because of them.

I report every one I see...

I can name a ton of MMO's that I've played that even years after release have tons of bugs. I''ve played MMO's that the devs weren't even capable to do a proper intelligible translation of the quest text. So.. I think you are just full of it OP

I challenge your honesty about having played other MMOs at release.

Agreed, I can name whole bunch of MMO's that a year after release still have bugs that were present at release, can't name one that has been as polished as SWTOR, except maybe Rift but I didn't play that much and know people that say there were most defiantly bugs, so not saying your BSing but can we get some examples?

I really enjoy the content of this game. But it is VERY disappointing that there are TONS of things that are broken.

Yes, I've played other mmo's near release, I haven't seen one that you had to pay for that is this buggy.

Rather than working feverishly on new content, can you please fix the old first?

Don't mistake me, swtor is an AMAZING game, and I really enjoy it. But quest breaking bugs (not to mention bugs that get me killed) are extremely frustrating.

You sound like a buddy of mine who got wrecked in a WZ, ran into one-bug, declared the game buggy, and rage-quit. And the only Merc in my guild who's mad because he can't heal efficiently with Accuracy gear.

Lol agree...I feel for you OP but you as many others lose all credibility when you try to say this game is MORE buggy than other MMO releases...it actually never happened.

Funny, WoW has been around...10 years?

Yet it still has similar bugs.

Mobs that randomly evade while attacking.

Vanish has had several threads at all times.

Some quest items do similar things.

Yeah lets see...

Ultima Online was insanely buggy at launch. Now we can kinda forgive UO due to the whole online RPG thing (later MMORPG) being new. However UO had a ton of bugs and even to this day some of them are in game. Everquest had a good chunk of bugs at launch and it was the WoW of it's day.

SWG one of the most 'beloved' MMO's of all time was buggy and missing a good chunk of content (more if you wanna count Jump to Lightspeed as something that should have been in at launch.) WoW and EQ2 had a good share of bugs at launch, in the case of WoW you didn't hear about any of them due to the rabid Blizzard fanbase.

And moving on we have Warhammer that was known for being buggy. APB that had tons of bugs in it. Age of Conan had tons of bugs and along with that also a good chunk of missing content. And those are the ones just off the top of my head, and believe me I did play UO, SWG and AoC at launch along with TOR and guess what one wins in this fight for the less amount of bugs? I'm going to have to go with TOR.

See here's the thing remember that every game single player to MMO's will have bugs in them. A running joke with my group of friends from last year was "I can't wait for Skyrim to come out then a patch a week later to make it playable!" A game launching with bugs is really nothing new. And most of the game killing ones get fixed in the first six months or so.

I can name a ton of MMO's that I've played that even years after release have tons of bugs. I''ve played MMO's that the devs weren't even capable to do a proper intelligible translation of the quest text. So.. I think you are just full of it OP

After being in the MMO genre 10 yeas or so, when i was able to play at launch....i was extremley impressed. Why? Because i've been through 8 MMO releses and none of them didnt crash (some for weeks-months after) at launch. The real vets know your full of it OP.

Have you checked your connection/route to the game servers? I have encountered the mobs not being where they ought, force cloak not dis-engaging and the charge plopping me under the world ONLY when I had a really craptacular route (bad hub).

Maybe check that?

But the release excuse no longer applies to this game....How long will you keep using the excuse for all the bugs as it was just released?

Cya..cancelled today...this game needs alot of work to compete with WOW ....was very fun at first til it became annoying and boring

But the release excuse no longer applies to this game....How long will you keep using the excuse for all the bugs as it was just released?

Cya..cancelled today...this game needs alot of work to compete with WOW ....was very fun at first til it became annoying and boring

I don't think it does, for me TOR beats WoW hands down, not because it has more fluffy content but just because I feel it is a better game. WoW is old and I'm tired of it, no matter how much content that game has it can not hold my interest any longer.

ToR on the other hand is doing a nice job of keeping me entertained and at the end of the day that is all its about. Games are like books or movies, some people like Action movies some like romance, some like Fantasy some like Si-Fi.

ToR is clearly not for you, so I hope you enjoy what ever game you decide to play.

Not sure if OP is being sarcastic or not.

Compared to other MMO's this game actually has very few glitches.

I've played about 4 other MMO's and even though the game has not been polished yet, it still has fewer glitches than polished MMO's.

so /confused.

Edited by Ch_Zero

Have fun, watch out for those hidden guys that attack from under the hill in WoW still as Blizzard hasn't bothered to fix that after oh so many years.

No need to compete with WoW, this is a different game, and I definitely find it much more enjoyable.