Roots: should they be affected by resolve?

Eszi

which operative stun?

afaik, the stuns they have are affected by resolve

I honestly have no idea which one, but time and time again (same OP's on my server) stun me while my resolve bar is completely full. /shrug

For the purposes of game mechanics, roots are actually considered 100% snare, so to have them effected by resolve, then snares would also be effected.

I guess stuns and mezzes are just 100% snare and 100% interrupt, so they shouldn't be effected either.

To OP- yes, roots should be, but right now BW are all busy playing marauders, so they won't since marauders gets roots whenever they feel like it to free kill anyone they want, resolve full or not.

Not for as much as a stun, but they definitely should

this is how resolve should work:

- snare: n/a, all players can be snared regardless of resolve status

- root: 100 resolve

- pull/knockback/leap: 200 resolve (this includes FRIENDLY PULL/LEAP)

- stun: 200 resolve per second

- mez: 125 resolve per second

- once resolve reaches 1000/1000, any current stun is broken and you have 10s of CC immunity (except snares)

- if you are unaffected by CC for 10s and have > 0 resolve, your resolve will decay at a rate of 50 per second.

- CC breaking ability now removes current CC affect, as well as provides 5s of CC immunity

this is a resolve system that would actually work to prevent the overuse of CC that we see now. players would have to be far more tactical with who/when they apply CC, even on friendly players. it would also focus on limiting the amount of time time you can spend chain stunned. the max would be 5 seconds in a regular stun, and the full 8s of a mez if you dont get damaged for the duration.

plus, i think the CC breaking ability needs to apply a short CC immunity. other games have this, and it would give players a little more control over how often they get CC'd

Edited by cashogy

roots should affect resolve, yes

No, they shouldn't. There's been MANY threads on this subject. The reality is melee's (baddies aside) are in a position of power right now, tearing apart everyone and everything, there would be a significant increase in "on target" time if roots affected resolve, meaning melee would have a MUCH easier time doing even MORE damage when they already top the damage charts.

Asking for this would require nerfs to skills/damage for melee's in order for them to not be complete and utter god mode. I'm no ranged pew pew zealot or QQer, just scope my signature below, I am just telling it how it is.

Edited by OGsam

There is nothing more annoying then being double stunned, get your resolve bar to full then BAMMM root! For a melee this can be pretty bad then stun again when your resolve starts to drop.

SO YES, root should affect resolve, its just silly that it doesnt right now, we can argue how much, wether its 100 per second or 50, the main thing is that root is soo easily abused right now, you can call it strategy but frankly its just death for most melees.