A Preview of our New Podcast

EricMusco

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically what I took from it was "Post comments and suggestions about class balance/in-game mechanics/bugs etc in the manner and format we want you to or don't expect to be heard".

Which to me is a load of crap. Just because it's not written in the exact same way every single time it doesn't make the points that some people make any less valid.

I have personally participated in and contributed towards numerous discussions about the tanking pitfalls of Juggernauts and comparing them with the only other tanking classes in the game and have demonstrated multiple times exactly how inferior we are and have yet to see any real input from Bioware.

Not to mention Bioware, you guys should really pay attention to sithwarrior.com they have many great posts and posters who are doing an enormous amount of testing and number crunching to try and essentially help you fix your problems and it seems/feels like you just ignore everyone else but yourselves.

The main point I would like to make is this: perception is everything. That's all there is to it, it's one of the simplest business concepts and right now the prevailing perception of Bioware is this:

"A true customer service lacking, casual player hugging, produces a bug riddled game for which they take no blame and admit no fault in anything released (Soa/Ancient Pylons anyone?) a distant company that pays Customer Service Agents by the number of tickets they respond to rather than the quality of the response given." and I could really go on and on, the point is that it's not the best look ever. And attitudes and perceptions aren't the easiest thing to change.

So my fire and brimstone warning is this, 1.2 better live up to the hype and expectations that YOU have set out Bioware or expect your game to fall even further and faster than it already has.

Bugs are inevitable, it's how you handle their fixing. If you admit fault, apologize and say you're working on it... trust me you'll engender much more love and support than by just remaining silent.

what do you mean by "played thousands of hours of game content"? cuz by me and my guild standards that mean eliminating SOME of BUGGZ like pylons in soa spawning bugs at the very begining or missing floor in soa OR soa's piramids 1hitting enyone who stands on high ground in soa's 3rd level.. seems to me you guys are full of crap, what do you think? :)

btw, its just beautiful how you state your whole combat team is made up from two guys sitting and reading forums.. LOTS OF HOPES FOR THIS PROJECT INDEED!

Edited by Carousel_t

Basically what I took from it was "Post comments and suggestions about class balance/in-game mechanics/bugs etc in the manner and format we want you to or don't expect to be heard".

nah you missed the mark there.

"Be constructive and informative as possible." is the proper way to take it.

They were simply saying don't just say "something is broken fix it now or else"

Edited by Pangscar

Some comments/suggestions:

- Maybe include an e-mail address specifically for the podcast that people can give questions to. Mailbags are usually pretty dry most of the time, but with you guys being on the inside, the right kind of question could spark a good discussion if there's nothing big going on

What this guy said...As to what the guy above me said the problem with bioware is that they avoid answering the actual question and answer with something that has nothing to do it with it.

Hello,

I enjoyed listening to the podcast today while a few friends and I fight our way to disable the tractor beam in Esseles FP. I really love the ability to listen to the developers news, rather than read about some of the changes to the game and their hard work.

Personally, I'm not big on using and reading forums (I'm Dyslexic) and sometimes there are topics I want to post about, but I have problems describing the topic in my own words. So, I was thinking, as mention by the Dev's "love post that have good feedback", maby a description template the user can answer fill in the blanks or ask simple questions to help describing in their own words their point. Not just some sticky template, it can be an option in the reply message forum. This would also help the Dev's read the thread, understand what the person is trying to say.

"GG Bro!" to the Dev's team. SWTOR is one of my favorite games since my gaming days started and the game will only get better. Thank for helping problems on our end and we will try to do the same for you. :D

- IBITMLE

Hello everyone! My name is Eric Musco and I, along with Brooks Guthrie are happy to bring you a sneak peek of the official STAR WARS: The Old Republic podcast. You can listen to our pilot episode here by using the embedded player, or download and listen on your preferred MP3 player.

Our goal with this show is to give you, the community, insight into development of The Old Republic by hearing directly from the developers creating the game. In our pilot episode, Brooks and I sit down with combat team members Austin Peckenpaugh and Cameron Winston to talk about some of the changes coming in Game Update 1.2.

Listen Now

TOROCAST Is back :)

Why would you purpously hide the mathmatics of the game.. oh soo and soo said this skills says it should do this....ahhhh but he doesnt know what I know....what?...Sorcerers are OP healers...what?...LOL but thanks for the effort...I like hearing any new info on the game...keep it comin Edited by Fadd

Is there any possibility of having the podcasts transcribed so those of us who hate podcasts aren't missing out on information?

They do say at the end of the podcast that there will be show notes and a transcript available here at the site. Must not be up yet.

I love a good podcast. I think aside from the dev videos its a great way to see who works on the game and get to know the people behind the magic.

I am SOO glad Eric is doing this podcast, makes this Darth very happy and this was a great start to what I hope is many years of great podcasts! :)

Keep them coming!

This is awesome - will be a great supplement to my SWTOR related podcast regeime.

Can I please request that you do it as an RSS feed as well as (possibly) iTunes for those of us that haven't been sucked into the iMonopoly?

Although I can't give you an exact timeframe, we will be posting this episode to iTunes soon. We will let you know once we do and will definitely be posting all future episodes there as well, so make sure to subscribe!

:tran_cool:

Will the podcast ONLY be available through iTunes or will there be just a bare RSS feed for those of us who choose not to use iTunes?

Hey, I'm listening and enjoying the preview right now. I just wanted to second the request for an RSS feed so non-iTunes users can subscribe with our podcatcher of choice (I prefer Google Reader/Listen with BeyondPod on my Android phone). Edited by Jahandar