Raise Server Population Caps

Posiden

On my server full means full. There is several instances of each zone with 150 to 200 people in each instance (counting only sith players). The queue is usually around 20 to 30 mins. I have occasionally been in a new instance that was formed where there is only a few people, because the other instances of the zone are full.

Go to your map and look at the little drop down box in the lower right that shows how many instances are currently active. You are probably in one of several, unless you are in the very upper levels where most people have yet to reach.

This is correct for the first 2 or 3 Planets. After that its 1 instance with no more than a 100 people .

I play on Tomb of Freedom Nadd, the most loaded EU server. If this is their idea of a full server, I feel very very sorry for people who'd end up playing on a server that never reaches Full.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is correct for the first 2 or 3 Planets. After that its 1 instance with no more than a 100 people .

I play on Tomb of Freedom Nadd, the most loaded EU server. If this is their idea of a full server, I feel very very sorry for people who'd end up playing on a server that never reaches Full.

Perhaps you're ahead of the leveling curve?

Zones are not sparsely populated, they're still sharded...

ORLY? I was on Tatooine this morning. My server was heavy populated at the time, but there were only 19 people on the planet. I understand the majority of the community is still on starter zones or earlier planets. The lower zones should have more than 3 shards to accommodate more people. If the game can't handle a larger community per server, I don't know what to say.

All I want is for my character not to get kicked from the server every 20 minutes. I have to wait at least an hour to get back in game, and I'm having trouble enjoying the most beautifully designed planet thus far (Tatooine). I will NOT re-roll my character. I will NOT spend another week of my life going through the same story again. Not to have the same problem a week from now.

Sorry, but after 7 server kicks, I am going to spend my queue time rage ranting, even though I hate doing so.

ORLY? I was on Tatooine this morning. My server was heavy populated at the time, but there were only 19 people on the planet. I understand the majority of the community is still on starter zones or earlier planets. The lower zones should have more than 3 shards to accommodate more people. If the game can't handle a larger community per server, I don't know what to say.

So you're complaining that you're ahead of the leveling curve? If you're ahead of the curve, of course you're gonna meet less people.

Edited by Jediwran

On my server full means full. There is several instances of each zone with 150 to 200 people in each instance (counting only sith players). The queue is usually around 20 to 30 mins. I have occasionally been in a new instance that was formed where there is only a few people, because the other instances of the zone are full.

Go to your map and look at the little drop down box in the lower right that shows how many instances are currently active. You are probably in one of several, unless you are in the very upper levels where most people have yet to reach.

I did....there were no additional shards.

Seeing as I started third day of Early access, and Im on a server thats been up since EA. I'd say im either right on key or even abit behind.

I started on day 1, being a completionist, I'm about level 17. You def. are not behind.

Edited by Jediwran

So you're complaining that you're ahead of the leveling cure? If you're ahead of the curve, of course you're gonna meet less people.

No, I'm complaining that intentionally throttling the server won't allow a server to develop a true community. Say the server can hold 5000 people (which I thinking is low for the size of the zones) The numbers we are seeing is no where close to capacity.

Well since there is (on the sith side) 4 instances of Korriban, with over 150 in them, 3 on Hutta with over 150 people, 5 in Dromund Kass with over 150, 2 on Balmorra with over 150, and (the jedi side) 3 on Tython with over 150, 3 on Ord Mantell with over 150, and 4 on coruscant with over 150.

So adding those up, if I pretend that it is only 150 in each instance just for the sake of numbers, that is 3450 people on the server up to around level 20 (I didn't have a character high enough on the Jedi side to check past Coruscant).

So then add all the other people past level 20. I'd say that's quite a lot of people.

Looks like they won't be raising caps for a while :|

SR Twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw

That is negligence and pure ********.

It isn't apart of big MMOs when you make over 2 dozen new servers.

1. 95% of the queued servers are people who pre-ordered and is caused by Early Game Access.

2. You decided on Launch Day to create new servers..they remain Light. Hmm, well gee that's hard to figure out what to do..Oh right! LET'S SPLIT THE SERVERS!

3. Fail.

It will bite you when TOR follows SWGs legacy. As awesome as this game is, only diehards will eventually commit to playing long term. Large dynamic communities are the life blood of a MMO.

There is nothing wrong with the community. You're complaining you're ahead of the leveling curve. Nothing to see here.

It will bite you when TOR follows SWGs legacy. As awesome as this game is, only diehards will eventually commit to playing long term. Large dynamic communities are the life blood of a MMO.

Except that SWG was a terrible game overall. I mean it had almost 0 pve content. It had a lot more pvp content, but that was its nature. Still, it never really worked, and WoW was released a year later anyway, and WoW had all the pve content people wanted.

Not saying what will become of this game. It's just that SOE did a terrible job with SWG.

Edited by Fellthar

Yeah it will eventually bite EAWare in the *** when this becomes SWG 2.0.