Waiting For George Lucas To Pass-Away

LVDave

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of mentalist wants 7 through 9 made anyway? I mean all the main actors who played the original characters are still alive (Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Peter Mayhew and Billy Dee Williams) and just about the right age to feature in a trilogy where the elder generation pass on the torch to new set of heroes. Chances are such films might be amazing, or God awful.

Course the films are the main canon of Star Wars, thus making 7-9 and ignoring the already abundant post-rotj EU stories would pretty much invalidate shedloads of currently established lore. You think the prequels generated nerd rage screeching, just you wait till we return to the Star Wars universe to see that Leia and Han have had three daughters over the length of their marriage and none are force sensitive.

What sort of mentalist wants 7 through 9 made anyway? I mean all the main actors who played the original characters are still alive (Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Peter Mayhew and Billy Dee Williams) and just about the right age to feature in a trilogy where the elder generation pass on the torch to new set of heroes. Chances are such films might be amazing, or God awful.

Course the films are the main canon of Star Wars, thus making 7-9 and ignoring the already abundant post-rotj EU stories would pretty much invalidate shedloads of currently established lore. You think the prequels generated nerd rage screeching, just you wait till we return to the Star Wars universe to see that Leia and Han have had three daughters over the length of their marriage and none are force sensitive.

umm they are force sensitive she is luke sister and daughter of darth vader O_O. so yes she is

It's certain people ruining it for the majority again.

I wish he could of got the police or what ever involved and have these lunatics giving him death threats penalties for it...

I enjoyed all the films, its all the "fan-made" stuff I don't like...

Edited by Scerge

No the point of my statement was, George was not at fault for the PT having bad scripting, Lawrence was, Lawrence left his answer to the last minute before they started TPM production, and Lucas only had himself to write the script.

It is the worst kind of anti-logic to blame something for being bad because someone DIDN'T do it.

Example:

My wife burnt dinner but I had emailed Emril to ask him to make it and he didn't.

Therefore my bad dinner tonight is Emril's fault.

I tried to overlook the glaring irony of this statement....

but I failed.

SW geeks invented pantyfits.

Also, PANTYFIT. ROFL....adding that now to my vocabulary.

Hey, I'm just tired of people saying it isn't George's fault. Some is, and some isn't. Those that say it's always someone else's fault are the ones that REALLY throw pantyfits, and yes I invented that word. I do that sometimes. Kinda like that one Imperial made up Spectatious. xD

Hope GL die soon and someone continue your job

Seriously, all this wishing GL dead is going a bit too far. Has he screwed up? Yes. Is he arguably one of the best storytellers alive? Yes.

My point here is that he isn't perfect, but he's given us Star Wars. He can tell a great story, but he can't write dialogue to save his life. He's a brilliant director... sometimes. Other times you would think he just graduated film school.

No matter what you think of him, at least acknowledge his good contributions as well as the bad.

He's got things in place so when he dies no one will be able to make anything to do with star wars.

A while back, George Lucas said if he was going to pass on the Star Wars franchise to anyone, it would be to his daughter.

I'm sure his children will add more to the lore in one way or another. From the interviews I've seen of him, he seems like a pretty laid back family man. Wouldn't surprise me if he encourages his children to expand on any of his works.

George Lucas got his daughter, Katie Lucas, to write episodes for the Star Wars: The Clone Wars tv show.

During season 3, it seems she took over as the main writer for the Asajj Ventress, Savage Oppress & Darth Maul story arcs.

Katie Lucas wrote the following Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes:

Season 3 Episode 7 "Assassin"

Season 3 Episode 12 "Nightsisters"

Season 3 Episode 13 "Monster"

Season 3 Episode 14 "Witches of the Mist"

Season 4 Episode 19 "Massacre"

Season 4 Episode 20 "Bounty"

Season 4 Episode 21 "Brother"

Season 4 Episode 22 "Revenge"

Edited by Quiet

I'm not saying they were horrible. They had their good points. But as far as dialogue goes, I think he should have BioWare's team write the scripts for him. Also, some of the plot points in the prequels were complete garbage, for lack of a better word. Fortunately, I have now read the prequel books, and they explain a LOT that the movies screwed up. Somewhere along the line, George lost his edge that he had with the OT. Probably because he waited nearly 20 years to make the prequels. Honestly, I think you're in the minority there, Wolf. :)

You realise that out of the millions and millions and millions and millions of STAR WARS fans...the prequal bashing e-tards that have been been crying on the internet for over a decade now over them is a teeny tiny vocal, lifless minority right?

Well, that *is* basically the trend when a prominent writer of ANYTHING gets old/dies.

*insert family member here* goes off in his/her footsteps and writes more crap/digs up old unfinished stuff he/she's written and "completes" it.

Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's horrible.

Personally I just hate him for all the crap he did to the original movies, didn't he say something to the effect that he recorded over the old tapes or some **** like that?

Now I'm all for freedom of expression, but basically saying "I'm not happy with this awesome thing I made years ago so I'm just going to pull all copies from the market and release a remastered version that I've doodled all over with dry-erase markers" is a Dick move.

As for the prequels, I don't mind episode I.

I don't mind Jar-Jar.

I don't mind young Obi-Wan, he's awesome.

I *do* very much mind Anakin, but then again I've always found Vader to be silly as well, never got all the hype that the EU tries giving him. He's a whiny bastard under all that armor anyway.

But mostly, what pisses me off about the prequels is that after the first movie they just get more and more boring, I mean the biggest reveal of the third movie had been spoiled 20 years ago, making the movie seem more like an in-universe documentary than anything else.

GL should have realized that he couldn't just add the end of the war, jedi purge, Anakin finally realizing that he's fallen to the dark side and then wrap up with explaining where the kids went and then expect us to love it.

We knew most of this **** already, so watching the movie was mostly an orgy in special effects, which makes it bearable once, and never again.

Edited by Morticoccus

I actually feel sorry for Lucas,he did his story and some spoiled never pleased fans hound him day in and day out. GL gave us this universe,I dont care who you are,You respect the man for what he did.

this topic is sick.

Edited by Vepariga

I actually feel sorry for Lucas,he did his story and some spoiled never pleased fans hound him day in and day out. GL gave us this universe,I dont care who you are,You respect the man for what he did.

this topic is sick.

Hey, I'm not saying I'd enjoy him dying or anything. Especially since his death will do absolutely nothing to enrich the universe he left behind.

Kind of like the previous 20+ years of his life.

The way I see it, he gave us his universe, then lots of other people did cool things with it, and then he took a dump on it all.

Hey, I'm not saying I'd enjoy him dying or anything. Especially since his death will do absolutely nothing to enrich the universe he left behind.

Kind of like the previous 20+ years of his life.

The way I see it, he gave us his universe, then lots of other people did cool things with it, and then he took a dump on it all.

I think there is worse material in the EU then a few scenes in the prequel films.

Its good for people to use there own imagination at times to connect the dots,its sad to live in a world where everyone expects to have everything explained to them.

and for the record,my post wasnt directed at you mate,just my feelings.

and I enjoyed the prequel films myself.

You realise that out of the millions and millions and millions and millions of STAR WARS fans...the prequal bashing e-tards that have been been crying on the internet for over a decade now over them is a teeny tiny vocal, lifless minority right?

Cool story, bro. :)

So let me understand this,

Since he is retired does he still hold all the rights associated to the star wars brand?

and if he did pass away do they have permission to create another movie?

And who makes decisions on future star wars content such as games etc?

I heard lucas was kind of involved in the force unleashed 1.

So let me understand this,

Since he is retired does he still hold all the rights associated to the star wars brand?

and if he did pass away do they have permission to create another movie?

And who makes decisions on future star wars content such as games etc?

I heard lucas was kind of involved in the force unleashed 1.

1. He does

2. No

3. Whoever he chooses next.

I liked them, they weren't bad to me. Bad is subjective when it comes to entertainment.

I think the best explanation for all the vitriol and hatred was the following (paraphrased):

Star Wars episodes 4-6 wear great movies aimed at boys in the age 8 to 12, and they loved them.

Then 20 years later George Lucas made three new episodes and these too were great movies for boys 8 to 12 (and they loved them). But the original fans finally were forced to accept they were not 10 anymore but 30 and felt betrayed by the reminder.

I think the best explanation for all the vitriol and hatred was the following (paraphrased):

Star Wars episodes 4-6 wear great movies aimed at boys in the age 8 to 12, and they loved them.

Then 20 years later George Lucas made three new episodes and these too were great movies for boys 8 to 12 (and they loved them). But the original fans finally were forced to accept they were not 10 anymore but 30 and felt betrayed by the reminder.

I think this is true in some respects, the movie does have a place in our childhood.

But aimed at 8-12? eh not really, it's a bit more mature than that.

I think the star wars brand has mature undertones but at the same time is family friendly.

That's why i find it interesting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.