If more races are to be incorporated, what would you ask for?

DeutschGamer

I feel like this is a popular thread that has been posted several times, so if it is considered spam or obsolete please excuse my ignorance.

I'm just really curious to see what races everyone would like to see eventually incorporated for player control, as well as improving the uniqueness of these races in how they perform in-game (race bonuses, powers, unique dialogue). At the moment the game has a bland variety, not bad, but definitely in need of improvement.

Here is the question:

What race would you like to play as and what class/allegiance should they be included under?

I'd really like to play a Nautolan, they just look very good in this game. The ancestor of Kit Fisto wouldn't be a bad RP for sure.

They would be Republic only with both Jedi classes, I can't see them fitting as a trooper but perhaps a very..fishy smuggler.:p

Edited by DeutschGamer

Trandoshan, Togruta, Nautulan, Cathar, Kaleesh, WOOKIE, Rodian, FREAKING BOTHANS, Devaroinians, Kel Dor, Iktochi...honestly, most, if not all, of these should have been options already, and half are already in the game!

Also why are there no damn Bothans in the game? Or at least I havent run into one. Tons of Cathar. I like cats, really, but where are the dog people? I demand a Bothan Jedi.

Oh and a special request, one Id like a ton but I KNOW will never ever in a thousand years happen. I want a Taung.

Trandoshan, Togruta, Nautulan, Cathar, Kaleesh, WOOKIE, Rodian, FREAKING BOTHANS, Devaroinians, Kel Dor, Iktochi...honestly, most, if not all, of these should have been options already, and half are already in the game!

I'm not sure I could see how having all of these in the game to begin with being a 'should have been', is there some sort of unspoken rule to have these in any SW game? I can see them having some more common species in the starting game like Wookies, Togruta, Nautolan but some are a bit obscure.

I'd also add Ithorians, we need some of those pacifists.

I don't think we'll see any races that can't wear normal armor (such as Togruta who can't wear normal headgear) or any races which can't speak english or that would require new voice acting.

Boy are you new too mmo games?

It's called an ART department for a reason. Galaxies was a hell of a lot older than this game and it had races that could wear the armor and if they couldn't they made some just for them.

Stop making excuses for them. It's the job of the developers to break down the walls not build them up against them.

Boy are you new too mmo games?

It's called an ART department for a reason. Galaxies was a hell of a lot older than this game and it had races that could wear the armor and if they couldn't they made some just for them.

Stop making excuses for them. It's the job of the developers to break down the walls not build them up against them.

Quoted for agreement. There is always a way around it to continue to make it fair for all races to have equal customization, and it can be done in very creative ways.

BW has the tools to do so, let's just hope they use them.

Species we WILL get:

Cathar, Togruta, Nautolans

Species we MIGHT get:

Voss, Rodians, all the species like Kel Dor, Kaleesh, and Chagrian that can wear player armor, but don't have a female model.

Species we will NEVER get:

Wookiees, Trandoshans, Jawas, basically all the super alien ones. And probably Droids.

Species we WILL get:

Cathar, Togruta, Nautolans

Species we MIGHT get:

Voss, Rodians, all the species like Kel Dor, Kaleesh, and Chagrian that can wear player armor, but don't have a female model.

Wookiees, Trandoshans, Jawas, basically all the super alien ones. And probably Droids.

There is also the remote possibility they will not add new species at all, but I'd rather keep that thought away from the thread. Just thought I'd say it since you seem to think its guaranteed, just because they have the appropriate model already created.

The iconics, things that we see from episode 4 and up, are plenty of aliens show up, and simply seen in alot of the movies.

Trando

Rodians

Mon Cal

Kel'dor

sure are others people can think of but those are top 4 i want to see, while i COULD say droid not sure how well a droid would fit into current stoylines, with out some kind of modification and, i dont see droids ever being playable with out own specific class and story in and of itself.

frankly just want anything doesn't look walk, and talk like a human at this point...

i can agree with a few of those however i disagree on trando reasoning, first off is a MASSIVE iconic character is a trando by name of Bossk i believe is the name, secondly they can speak basic, while they don't like to not difficult for them lastly they are no more alien then a rodian or kel'dor in fact i'd say kel'dor are way more freakish then a trando... plus is already a trando companion, so we know they have model can wear gear... only thing i see being an issue is never seeing boots on there which frankly is fine...

If i don't see trandos as one of first species they add as far as aliens i'll be massively disappointed considering how iconic they are when comes to aliens. Trando and Rodians are probably the two most iconic races that are not human along with mon cal... those 3 should be first of truely alien races to be added.

Edited by Lokai

Togruta, Devaronian, Cathar, Voss, Evocii, and Chagrian are all species that are in game that actually have potential as playable races if BioWare is going to stick to form. They are all customizable in all the pertanent details (facial structure, eyes, accessories, and possible facial hair and tatooos/color patterns), and they all are capable of taking on the necessary body types.

Togruta: Jedi (both Classes), Sith Inquisitor, and maybe smuggler.

Devaronian: Smuggler, BH, Maybe Trooper, and maybe evn SI (devilish look).

Cathar: JK, JC, Trooper, and maybe even SI.

Voss: IA, Trooper, JC, SI

Evocii: Smuggler, BH and SI

Chagrian: Trooper, IA, SI

On the other hand, something I think that would be cool to do (Perhaps as part of the Legacy System), maybe it would be cool if you could unlock a special alien class based on a class that you took to 50 (or better yet, to the new level cap).

For example, lets say you take an Imperial Agent up to max level. You then get the option to unlock the Bothan Spy (or perhaps the Assassin Droid instead, either way). Functionally it handles just like IA (although while I'd leave the sniper rifle, I'd make the base weapon and the Operative weapon a pistol instead of a rifle), but it's republic aligned (either or if it's the Assassin Droid) and works with the republic, having it's own class story.

My Shadow, Sereneti, is waiting to be a Togruta. I also found this to be interesting from Enjin's site and character pages:

Shows my Shadow as a Togruta:

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab233/Flyers0108/ScreenShot2012-03-30at044256.png

Shows Togruta, Kel Dor, and Chagrian and playable species (improperly labelled as "races"):

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab233/Flyers0108/ScreenShot2012-03-30at044231.png