Free Weekend Pass Officially Extended.

Quintan

Free 7 day pass for any friends is being announced on the SWTOR home page.

Desperate or just the norm for good business? Thoughts?

Are free trials not an industry standard nowadays?

Edited by TheBBP

I really wish people would realize, that trials are just a way to get someone's feet wet with a product. That goes for anything to be sold, a game, an item you use in the house...its not being 'desperate' as some are saying its just a way to get people's feet wet that they are unsure of getting.

Free 7 day pass for any friends is being announced on the SWTOR home page.

Desperate or just the norm for good business? Thoughts?

You are confused. 7 day friends trial =/= weekend pass.

Friends pass is an excellent marketing tool to help people bring friends in to try out the game. It lowers the barrier to entry and costs them nothing to do so.

Note: given your severly negative posts over in the Bring Your Friends To SWTOR thread, I'm gathering your confusion is intentional and the purpose of this thread is to be provocative.

Edited by Andryah

Yeah but they are coming up with program after program, how about a program to help those of us already paying and playing.

The one true fact for me is that the game has gotten less and less fun to play cause there is no one around. How about helping us out instead of fishing for more victims?

Yeah but they are coming up with program after program, how about a program to help those of us already paying and playing.

The one true fact for me is that the game has gotten less and less fun to play cause there is no one around. How about helping us out instead of fishing for more victims?

Lots of people around on the three servers I play on.

Maybe you should take a break until they release character transfers, then come back and move to server where you would be more happy.

Edited by Andryah

How about helping us out instead of fishing for more victims?
Because EA is mainly interested in box sales, not subscribers.

Its the solution they settled upon after WAR flopped.

Developing an MMO that millions subscribe to for years is tough work; churning out generic games that are aggressively marketed for maximum box sales is moreso EA's style.

I really wish people would realize, that trials are just a way to get someone's feet wet with a product. That goes for anything to be sold, a game, an item you use in the house...its not being 'desperate' as some are saying its just a way to get people's feet wet that they are unsure of getting.

Who would thought that tontons (sp?) would be smarter than most humans?