Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Population too small for Rated Warzones.

warkat

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only like 3 Republic Guilds on my server and not many Imperials..seems everyone quit and i dont think people are gonna keep up the sub waiting in an hour long rated Q if not longer.

Even on busy servers, getting into warzones is becoming slower and slower. The fact is that people who enjoy pvp have either left the game or will be leaving shortly after 1.2 comes out. Bioware got it wrong with pvp in this game and they are too slow to react. As mentioned, pvp might be ok in 6 months to a year from now but not many players will be around to experience it. (we'll all be playing gw2).

Even on busy servers, getting into warzones is becoming slower and slower. The fact is that people who enjoy pvp have either left the game or will be leaving shortly after 1.2 comes out. Bioware got it wrong with pvp in this game and they are too slow to react. As mentioned, pvp might be ok in 6 months to a year from now but not many players will be around to experience it. (we'll all be playing gw2).

Gw2 fanboy, LOL that trash of a game will be boring in a week, no endgame, gear to earn for cosmetics LOL, not to mention instant max level pvp, get that b.s out of here, we play mmos not call of duty, it will die quicker than gw did, and the same 20-40k will stick around because its free to play.

Cross server is not going to be till like August-September..Doubt i'll stick around that long if no paid xfer/server merge.

Bioware is most likely working on merging servers right now but it's going to be fairly difficult with the Legacy names because they don't want people shafted out of their stuff they created.

Then when they have these free servers they're prolly going to use those for the cross-server PvP servers.

Gw2 fanboy, LOL that trash of a game will be boring in a week, no endgame, gear to earn for cosmetics LOL, not to mention instant max level pvp, get that b.s out of here, we play mmos not call of duty, it will die quicker than gw did, and the same 20-40k will stick around because its free to play.

heh, nice story.

This is the pvp forum and as such, it is fair to say that swtor pvp is not even in the same league as gw2 pvp which is still in beta. To each their own. Enjoy your esports.

As far as i know GW is better then WoW... WoW fanboy!

errr GW sold 8 million copies.

errr GW sold 8 million copies.

8million in 10 years, VS 3 million in 2 months, hmmm I think swtor wins that one, everyone I know irl and was friends with online returned that horribad game after a week, or let it collect dust, and I NEVER played wow that game isnt good at all IMHO, DAOC is where its at. gw2 is going to be just as bad, just another gimmick to make some cash, they had to make a sequel it was so bad, yet wow a game released before it is still adding EXPANSIONS, that says alot.

I think this is going to be a problem even on populated servers. It's a lot of queues to split people up into.

I'm on a crowded server, even so after a 50 warzone ends it doesn't just pop back up instantly. I wait a couple minutes and get another one.

So no problem there, but still, took a couple minutes. Now throw in more queues? Could be a problem. Especially since it looks like they're adding both a rated SOLO queue and a rated GROUP queue...talkin bout going from 1 to 3 queues for 50s pvp.

Yeah competitive gameplay where playing ability and intelligence > what gear you looted.

I agree with the part where lots wont play it though, mostly no lifers who cant even get good at a video game while being a no lifer, should be fun for the rest of us who still know what pvp is.

Hmm...well to sort of stay on topic...

I also see an issue for ranked warzones. I have mixed feelings about x server queues though. I enjoy making enemies and allies from playing with relatively the same people. If they could implement it where people from your own server have priority to be grouped together that would be awesome.

Hmm...well to sort of stay on topic...

I also see an issue for ranked warzones. I have mixed feelings about x server queues though. I enjoy making enemies and allies from playing with relatively the same people. If they could implement it where people from your own server have priority to be grouped together that would be awesome.

I thought this initially but after fighting these people over and over I'd like to fight someone else! =P

Short-term, a healthy number of competitive players will come back solely for ranked. The pool of competition will be very small though no matter what, and you'll have faced every team within a week. After about a month, cross-server will start to be very necessary. This is speaking on a healthy-populated servers behalf; the servers with no pop I feel bad for til cross-server.

I think server mergers are needed or cross server que's or both. I agree with others that be nice to fight people that don't know you (maybe I won't get focus fired so much!) and for ranked they'll need bigger population then ONE server. I think after Warhammer Bioware should realize that Mythic does know 'something' about PvP. Despite the problems with class balance in Warhammer the Open World PvP in that game was the funnest I have ever experianced thus far. I'm not sure why Mythic has not taken the lead on fixing the open world PvP in this game. Bioware's great at 'story' but obviously know **** about PvP.

ranked zone should be 4vs4 in that wey they would pop easily :p

not only that if u have 4 people it makes more sense that is ranked as the 4 people have to use tight strategy to work out a map so large there will be more 1vs1 or 2vs2

in a way it would be more intresting and pop more often.

but they would have to remove the stupid invisible door in voidstar because it's all about lack and make NO SENCE just make a door that u need 3 second to click or 5 second or 8 second whatever...

Edited by Pekish

The solo rated zone would be no different from what the WZs currently are.

The group one I'm not sure, but I'm not too concerned about that.

There's really no reason to do PvP right now because most of your effort is going to be obselete next patch. Either you play hardcore and already have full BM and then the only reason to PvP is to get more Warzone Adrenals/Medpacks, or you're still not close to full BM and you might as well wait for 1.2 when their cost goes way down (a BM mainhand needs equivalent of 12000 WZ commendations, which can probably buy half a set of BM in 1.2).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.