G-to-the-L comments on the SW IP

IPaq

he's not going to sell the IP.

and you can't take anything off what was said in that....that guy ambushed him leaving someplace...of course Lucas just blew him off.

this tells us nothing. I don't see how this is official for anything.

that said....he's not going to do anymore star wars..but that doesn't mean he's going to sell the IP..it'll probably stay in his family as long as profits are being made.

only way the IP will be sold is by one of his kids/grandkids/etc..aways off.

but how can you honestly think anything GLucas mumbled to the guy ambushing him means anything at all?

better yet how could anyone print it?

Those TMZ idjits are annoying as heck. I bet just seeing one irks most celebs off. I'd bet that more than anything, Lucas was annoyed and answered in-kind.

George walking and getting straight into the car was more than enough of a sign that he was annoyed. I would be annoyed to being stalked and ambushed like that, although I would have to admit I would find it difficult to not say anything to someone famous that I like if I ran into them.

it'll be a cold day on tatooine before lucas sells the Star Wars IP rights to make another movie. And i think with how copyright law works now, it won't become public domain until at least 2070 (so something stupid like that).

mainly because he's doesn't want someone to make a better star wars movie than his..which wouldn't be all that hard to do

he'll just keep mooching cash licencing the brand to companies who want to keep the franchise alive.

it'll be a cold day on tatooine before lucas sells the Star Wars IP rights to make another movie. And i think with how copyright law works now, it won't become public domain until at least 2070 (so something stupid like that).

mainly because he's doesn't want someone to make a better star wars movie than his..which wouldn't be all that hard to do

he'll just keep mooching cash licencing the brand to companies who want to keep the franchise alive.

Ya...sorry but no one will top the SW movies, they changed the world pretty much. Very few films, have done that. Sides there are very few remakes, or re-tellings or what have you of original movies that have been better then the originals.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I agree with everything in your post except this. This isn't exactly fair, Star Wars is what he is famous for and it is his baby. He sacrificed countless hours and a marriage for it.

Edited by Tuscad

I agree with everything in your post except this. This isn't exactly fair, Star Wars is what he is famous for and it is his baby. He sacrificed countless hours and a marriage for it.

Not to mention his health, believe he had heart problems during ANH...may have been ESB but can't remember exactly.

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars (clearly..I'm playing this game mainly because of it) but the (arguably) 2 best movies in the franchise (empire strikes back and return of the jedi) were not directed or had their screen plays written by him. His ability to come up with ideas and lore is awesome but he is not that good of a movie maker - in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars (clearly..I'm playing this game mainly because of it) but the (arguably) 2 best movies in the franchise (empire strikes back and return of the jedi) were not directed or had their screen plays written by him. His ability to come up with ideas and lore is awesome but he is not that good of a movie maker - in my opinion.

Except the 2 best movies were ANH(which was directed, and written by him) and ESB(not directed, but the story not the screenplay was written by him, which the screenplay was based on the story). ANH because overnight, it changed an entire generation of people and soon the world, and ESB because of the whole "No, I am your father" surprise and it was done well.

So until some other director, can make a movie with a low budget(ANH was just 11 million dollars) then that movie changes the world....no one can remake/re-tell Star Wars. There are some movies, that can't or really shouldn't be remade or re-told at all.

1. Star Wars

2. Wizard of Oz

3. Star Trek(unfortunetly it has.)

To name a few.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It's funny how the TMZ people like to be thought of as pop culture "reporters," but they don't know what's already been said. George Lucas' retirement from Star Wars is hardly news. He announced as much back before Red Tails was released.

He wants to spend time making smaller "project" movies, doing what he enjoys, rather than what sells tickets. So, instead of making Star Wars movies, he'll be making stuff in the vein of THX-1138 and American Graffiti.

That doesn't mean there will never be any new Star Wars material. Lucasfilm still owns the IP, and they'll still continue making The Clone Wars and hopefully (after redoing the entire basis of it, because time travel in Star Wars is a horrible idea) the live-action show. There will be more novels and comic books, as well.

They'll also have the game licenses out there, and Fantasy Flight will come up with new stuff via sourcebooks, and Lucasarts, via its stable of trusted developers, will release video games based on the IP.

Star Wars isn't going away. George Lucas is going away from Star Wars. And, honestly, it's better that way.

Edited by JacenHallis

That doesn't mean there will never be any new Star Wars material. Lucasfilm still owns the IP, and they'll still continue making The Clone Wars and hopefully (after redoing the entire basis of it, because time travel in Star Wars is a horrible idea) the live-action show. There will be more novels and comic books, as well.

The live action series is still on and the way that The Clone Wars keeps getting better and better, I would LOVE to see more eras in the EU touched by animation.

What do you get when you take a supermarket tabloid and put it on TV? TMZ of course. No celebrity that knows anything would stop to give them a true interview, because all they do is try to make the celebrities look bad.

Anyway, here's a

that pretty much sums up TMZ.