Your Legacy Begins

CourtneyWoods

So you're equating a family flow chart that ONLY you can see, to the storyteller system in SWG that allowed players to create and sell their own quests? LOL! You can not be serious. At least Storyteller benefited the GAME...this a PURELY invisible and cosmetic thing.

How am I equating the two by just illustrating my level of excitement? Also, keep in mind that the Legacy is only a very SMALL part of 1.2.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, kinda like EQ, which is still sub-based, no real PvP to speak of, and is still going quite strong all these 13 years later, right?

EQ is hardly 'going strong'. BTW EQ is like many other old MMO's wit ha die hard player base. Not a good comparison. EVE is solid too but you can't really equate it either for the same reason. I think SWG would be as well, if it was still around.

Face it, the MMO itself is dying mainly due to a player base that now has the attention span of a billy goat.

EQ is hardly 'going strong'. BTW EQ is like many other old MMO's wit ha die hard player base. Not a good comparison. EVE is solid too but you can't really equate it either for the same reason. I think SWG would be as well, if it was still around.

Face it, the MMO itself is dying mainly due to a player base that now has the attention span of a billy goat.

If you think that TOR does not have a die-hard Star Wars playerbase, you've got another thing coming.

Also, it's hard to call a game "dying" when subs are still on the increase, doncha think? Or have you been fooled, too, by the typical MMO launch-surge/drop-off wave?

Anyway, I'm more interested in being able to join legacies across accounts, as I'd like to be able to connect my real-life wife's characters to mine.

I really hope that they do this. I would really enjoy being able to have friends as rivals, allies etc. Perhaps if they do that also add an option to share a surname with another player's character. So for example I could share my Bounty Hunter's unlocked legacy surname (well I've not quite done that yet but you get the point) with a friend whose character could be her brother. If legacy could allow mapping out across player accounts and servers it could really potentially lead to factions full of families and the like. Back in my collaborative writing "roleplaying" days on forums that sort of a thing was always a hit. A few times people even managed to map out how most people were related.

I really hope that they do this. I would really enjoy being able to have friends as rivals, allies etc. Perhaps if they do that also add an option to share a surname with another player's character. So for example I could share my Bounty Hunter's unlocked legacy surname (well I've not quite done that yet but you get the point) with a friend whose character could be her brother. If legacy could allow mapping out across player accounts and servers it could really potentially lead to factions full of families and the like. Back in my collaborative writing "roleplaying" days on forums that sort of a thing was always a hit. A few times people even managed to map out how most people were related.

All of this can be fixed when/if they do just two things that will not affect the functionality of Legacy at all:

1) Give us the ability to add character slots (which GZ said is coming)

2) Separate surnames from the Legacy name, where surnames don't have to be unique.

Additional companions unlocked beyond the five combat archetypes grant a passive bonus to your Presence stat, increasing the power of your companion characters.

So with 8 characters who've completed all of their companion unlocks, they get 35 stacking Presence bonuses? (5 companions x 7 characters)

And what about the ship droid? He's getting affection. Does he unlock anything?

If you think that TOR does not have a die-hard Star Wars playerbase, you've got another thing coming.

Also, it's hard to call a game "dying" when subs are still on the increase, doncha think? Or have you been fooled, too, by the typical MMO launch-surge/drop-off wave?

I never said SWTOR is 'dying', I'm saying if they keep going on this path it will die like the others, relegated to F2P universe.

Having a die hard playerbase is fine but if it takes 40 minutes to get a group going and the auction house is empty what good is it?

I like SWTOR but I'm used to old school SWG servers that were packed 24/7, auction houses with hundreds of pages of shops and a loot table as dense as a phone book. I'm not sure if that will ever come back in a business world of turn and burn MMO's that cater to carebears without a thought to a viable long term game. It's more profitable to churn out MMO's at 40-120 bucks a crack than it is to maintain a 15/mo player base is why I suspect.

imagine unlocking actual "new" species not in the game already eh? The only things i see using are the gtn/mail and the repair droid. Ive already got 4 toons to 50 just need bioware to get off thier butts with end game.

Still think having a pureblood sith "jedi" is lol stupid

imagine in swg bieng able to play a jedi trooper see my point?

Want to see the future?

Maintenance on (future date)

We didnt realize that so many people would be using force choke on thier legacy toons and weve revized our stance on pureblood legacy siths do to the fact that thier pureblood "sith"

I can go and roll 100 alts no matter what theyll get to 50 and the endgame will still not be thier. This roll alts galore super feature should have been a lower priority as open world pvp is driving players off due to thier is none and warzones 24/7 need i say more?

Edited by hargrave

So with 8 characters who've completed all of their companion unlocks, they get 35 stacking Presence bonuses? (5 companions x 7 characters)

And what about the ship droid? He's getting affection. Does he unlock anything?

I don't see why we need a presence bonus when my healer companion can keep me up in 4 man heroics and my DPS companion runs around soloing my missions.

I never said SWTOR is 'dying', I'm saying if they keep going on this path it will die like the others, relegated to F2P universe.

Having a die hard playerbase is fine but if it takes 40 minutes to get a group going and the auction house is empty what good is it?

That's very true. Thank goodness the LFG tool is coming, eh? And so is server transfers/mergers. Couple that with the fact that subs are growing every day, and it'll be full in no time.

I like SWTOR but I'm used to old school SWG servers that were packed 24/7, auction houses with hundreds of pages of shops and a loot table as dense as a phone book. I'm not sure if that will ever come back in a business world of turn and burn MMO's that cater to carebears without a thought to a viable long term game. It's more profitable to churn out MMO's at 40-120 bucks a crack than it is to maintain a 15/mo player base is why I suspect.

Actually, the AH with hundreds of pages was addressed at the Fansite Summit last year. I still remember how much of a pain it was to wade through an endless sea of crap to find those jewels. Now, we don't want it to be as simplistic is WoW, either.

I think the current gear/mod system is a fine middle-of-the-road.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Don't argue with this guy, he's not here for the benefit of the community he's here to defend the legacy system at all cost. The legacy system is ok, cool idea and all but not worth a "team" lol

Don't argue with this guy, he's not here for the benefit of the community he's here to defend the legacy system at all cost. The legacy system is ok, cool idea and all but not worth a "team" lol

:)

It's not like BW doesn't have plenty of teams to go around. ;)

Actually, the AH with hundreds of pages was addressed at the Fansite Summit last year. I still remember how much of a pain it was to wade through and endless sea of crap to find those jewels. Now, we don't want it to be as simplistic is WoW, either.

How can any one take you seriously when you say things like that? This game is way more simplistic than wow LMAO are you kidding me?

Anyways I'm done, it's clear you're either trolling, getting paid or something cause you just talk constant nonsense, enjoy yourself..

Edited by Quintan

One of these days some sharp developer is going to make an SWG 2 with all the polish of a SWTOR/WOW like combat system but with all the sandbox elements of SWG like housing/cities, real crafting and a randomized loot table and a long term viable pvp engame revolving around territory.

But I'm not holding my breath. I don't believe in miracles.

One of these days some sharp developer is going to make an SWG 2 with all the polish of a SWTOR/WOW like combat system but with all the sandbox elements of SWG like housing/cities, real crafting and a randomized loot table and a long term viable pvp engame revolving around territory.

Hehehe, now wouldn't that be something?

So what about humans? I play a Sith Pureblood to 50, I unlock it for all classes. But Humans can already be all classes. Sure, the end result is the same, but playing that Sith Pureblood to 50 gives me something unique that differentiates me from a new player who just made their account. I level to 50 as a Human and I want something to show for it. Is there any talk or plan for this?

So what about humans? I play a Sith Pureblood to 50, I unlock it for all classes. But Humans can already be all classes. Sure, the end result is the same, but playing that Sith Pureblood to 50 gives me something unique that differentiates me from a new player who just made their account. I level to 50 as a Human and I want something to show for it. Is there any talk or plan for this?

I can't remember what the human bonus is, but there is something unique for playing a human to 50.

One can dream.

Humans unlock a global presence stat bonus I believe.