Your Legacy Begins

CourtneyWoods

I'm sure they could make Legacy names unique to the server, while having the actual unlocks be account wide.

It's not just the Legacy names that are rewarding, it's working for the unlocks again on another server that is rewarding.

Also, hopefully they're going to separate surnames from Legacy name, anyway. That's the least of my concern about account-wide Legacy.

No thanks.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that the average player would have the time or the desire to unlock the same exact things on multiple servers. I'd consider myself above average as far as the amount I play and there is no way I'd have the time or desire to start from scratch and do all the same unlocks more than once.

I'm really, really, really, REALLY hoping that in the near future other players can be apart of each others' family trees. It was a cool little feature I enjoyed a lot in LoTRO, for example. I think it's even more appropriate for a Star Wars MMO.

Has BW said anything on the matter?

Hi everyone

I have 4 accounts and there under diffrent e-mails.

Will I be able to link them in the Legacy system?

Thanks you everyone and take care!

^This....

..is why I enjoy MMO's less and less every day. A guy in your guild one day helping you fight rebels is the next day sniping your head off in a WZ the next day.

Where is the loyalty to your guild or faction? How do you build a long term relationship with a guy that would just as soon cut your throat for an epic drop?

How can you possibly learn how to play a toon well, unless you are on it all the time either? I go on my mara for a few days of PVP and get on my assassin and can't find half the buttons right away. I'm from the school of thought that says measure twice, and cut once, not cut a whole bunch of wood and see what fits.

I dunno, I'm just getting old I guess.

A guy in your guild one day helping you fight rebels is the next day sniping your head off in a WZ the next day.

This is another reason that I prefer to have each faction on a separate server. Some older games you couldn't even have opposite faction characters on the same server. If I'm going to go around killing people in PvP I'd rather they aren't going to be the same people I'm going to be running HM FPs later in the day.

Read the Q&A from yesterday. More character slots per server is coming.

I don't want Legacy to be account-wide because I have two separate Legacies on two separate servers.

A fair point.

Still others players wants the legacy being account wide... puzzling.

So how about: would you like it so you can account wide your legacy?

Although if your legacy name is already taken on your alt server then you can either have a new legacy name on this server or write down a new legacy name for all your characters.

A fair point.

Still others players wants the legacy being account wide... puzzling.

So how about: would you like it so you can account wide your legacy?

Although if your legacy name is already taken on your alt server then you can either have a new legacy name on this server or write down a new legacy name for all your characters.

Legacy names shouldn't be account wide, no real reason for it. Legacy UNLOCKS should be account wide. I'd also like to see Legacy and surnames separated. Someone used the example of Han, Leia, Luke and assorted offspring earlier. It was never Han Skywalker, he might have married into the Legacy and his children might have been part of the Legacy, but he didn't give up his own name. Also, the legacy tree allows a rival connection, why would a rival be part of the same legacy, or want to use the same name?

They can only be used WHILE you're using your heroic moment ability, which is on a 20 minute cooldown. Think I've used it twice. I kind of like the idea of my smuggler kid getting so angry he suddenly starts force choking. It's neat.

Really? Thats actually kinda cool. And it would give some meaning to the heroic moment ability that I basically never remember to use otherwise, except on low level characters.

The legacy system does interest me somewhat, but it also has certain issues Im not sure I will be able to deal with. Like the fact that I have already created number of alts that are of different race than my "main character". If I had known about this system I would have made all of them human.. Now I need to.. delete them and level new ones to have them make sense in the legacy system? Or I have a jedi knight on a pvp server that I would like to be part of my legacy, only that we dont have server transfers..

It's really unfair that Human to 50 doesn't unlock anything. This should be addressed before the system goes live.

This is also fairly disappointing, regards, lvl 50 human sith sorcerer..

Edited by Karkais

This is also fairly disappointing, regards, lvl 50 human sith sorcerer..

It's also not true. From Friday's Q&A:

Lstn: If I hit 50 as a human, what benefit do I get with the Legacy system, as humans can be any and all classes?

Daniel Erickson: Reaching level 50 as a human results in a sizable Presence bonus to all of your Legacy characters, making all current and future companions more powerful.

So...

I get to play Anakin, Padme, Luke, Leia, Han, Mara, Ben, and Jaina.

I get to play my own father and mother. I get to play my own spouse(s). I get to play my own siblings. I get to play my own children (P.S. Sorry to Jacen and Anakin, Jr., I only have 8 character slots!)

Thank you for enhancing the RP of my single player game. :rolleyes:

If I am playing Luke, do I log out to have him speak to Leia?

P.S. In which film/book did Han Solo Force Choke someone?

Well, Boba Fett force choked someone instinctually. He had latent force powers but he was afraid to use him because Jedi burglars traumatized him when he was a little kid so he repressed the memory and abilities.

Maybe this has been asked before, but don't force me to read 44 pages:

If you unlock the same companion twice - let's say Khem Val once on a sorcerer and once on an assassin - will you get the +10 presence bonus for both unlocks or only once ?

Only once. It's per base class, not Advanced Class. So, Legacy sees you playing the same base class twice.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

i was wondering..after 3months of game why they still havent fixed the bug with social points wich let some players out of this social legacy rewards....

Players unlocking Social rewards will be dancing the night away with their companions using the new Companion Dance ability, and will receive new emotes that will have your characters using tools and tech devices. Players with credits to spare can buy down the cooldown time of Quick Travel and Emergency Fleet Pass for added convenience, or get the "Rocket Boost" ability that gives their characters an additional very fast sprint. (Hint: Rocket Boost is just a poorly scrambled anagram of Rocket Boots. If you’re sporting a jetpack on your back, the jets will fire out of there instead!)

before adding new stuff make sure you fix your old stuff.....

i was wondering..after 3months of game why they still havent fixed the bug with social points wich let some players out of this social legacy rewards....

before adding new stuff make sure you fix your old stuff.....

So let me get this right, you want them to fix some existing bug . . . to that you get a benefit with the new system . . . but you don't want the new system?

Or you just want everyone else who isn't affected by the bug to wait?

They quite definitely need to do both actually, and they are.

There are many like myself who aren't affected by any bug, not to the point of caring anyway, and want new stuff.

I'm very curious what this social bug you are talking about is . . . sounds like an STD :eek:

Edited by Evgen

An idea for a legacy award: there are some planets that can be travelled to only via a shuttle, meaning you have to run through the orbital station to access the landing shuttle. This is just a simple timesink, nothing else to it.

Maybe there could be a legacy reward that allows you to skip the orbital station run and go straight to the planet. Landing our ships straight to those planets would be awesome too, although I doubt it will happen.

will it be able in updtae 1,2 or 1,3 to choose for exsample Vette as your wife in the family tree if you have choosen the marry option with Vette? And if you create a son or daughter to your Sith Warrior and Vette will he/she be able to learn some abilities that Vette had acsess to? Btw Swtor is with no doubt the best MOO ever! :) Keep up that great work ;)