Your Legacy Begins

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of Star Wars is human-centric in its application...

:rolleyes: Huh I guess all those books with different species as main character were just a dream I had. I mean even Chiss are different from humans and I've read several that starred a fairly popular Chiss.

I like SWTOR but I'm used to old school SWG servers that were packed 24/7, auction houses with hundreds of pages of shops and a loot table as dense as a phone book. I'm not sure if that will ever come back in a business world of turn and burn MMO's that cater to carebears without a thought to a viable long term game. It's more profitable to churn out MMO's at 40-120 bucks a crack than it is to maintain a 15/mo player base is why I suspect.

lol @ old school SWG servers being packed. They weren't. Just like this game, there was a huge influx of players at first, then tapered off. I remember shortly after JTLS launched, after all the QQ about the cost of starter ships, the servers were not populated at all -- except for the the very few heavy servers that everyone migrated to. Hmmm...where have we seen THAT before......

William you are so way of on the power of Anakin it's scary

First of all if you knew the lore and quotes of Lucas you would know Anakin

is the third strongest force user of all time.The only reason he did not become

as powerful as Luke is become he lost so much of his body=force potential he had.

1 Luke

2 Sidious

3 Anakin

This game cannot compare to the "real" star wars universe in any way

what so ever anyways.And even if Anakin was in this timeline he would

wipe the flore with them allwithout even trying hard.The force have evolved

over time so have the strength and skills of the force users.So even trying to

put anyone in this timeline from the canon universe is a huge mistake and

as a star wars and lore fan i beg anyone at bioware not to in the future to

even try to use canon characters in this off paralel universe as Lucas called it.

Calm down scooter

:rolleyes: Huh I guess all those books with different species as main character were just a dream I had. I mean even Chiss are different from humans and I've read several that starred a fairly popular Chiss.

So have I. ;) Exceptions to the rule doesn't change the rule, though.

I have not shared this experience.

Just gear him right.

On my MARA- which is supposed to be squishy I was soloing the Corellian heroics this AM. It's stupid op healing, although I am well geared. On my tankasin its even easier....

Is it possible to attain all of the rewards/benefits from the Legacy system without using the family tree at all?

The whole point of patch 1.2 is that you have famally tree that is what patch 1.2 will be all about ok.

lol @ old school SWG servers being packed. They weren't. Just like this game, there was a huge influx of players at first, then tapered off. I remember shortly after JTLS launched, after all the QQ about the cost of starter ships, the servers were not populated at all -- except for the the very few heavy servers that everyone migrated to. Hmmm...where have we seen THAT before......

WoW..

You must be an Assassin. As a sorcerer following the lightning spec from 1-50 I felt trapped with Khem Val, I spent more time healing him than DPSing and I couldn't take on the same type of fights with any other companion as I could with Khem. Every time I got a new companion, it was like "Oh hey, another person to stand on my ship or get sent on crafting missions." I felt like I was broken because I couldn't take on the elite strength bosses in my class storyline that were alone and my level. Throw in a few normal strength mobs or a strong and I was screwed. My alts seem to have more variety in companion choice and less of a hard time. I liked the Sorc storyline, liked what lightning spec had to potentially offer, but I just have no desire to play my Sorc anymore. And because I picked human I get a presence boost to my other classes that already do better with their alts than my Sorc? I don't know, it feels a little like salt in the wound.

Is it possible to attain all of the rewards/benefits from the Legacy system without using the family tree at all?

You don't need to use the family tree at all to get the benefits. As to possible to attain them all? Probably not at the moment with only 8 character slots on a server.

i'll see your surname vs legacy and raise you adding the ability to have a prefix and suffix title active at the same time. So I can be Darth Violentus the Loathsome.

Definitely agree with this. I want to be Master Vion Atreides Barsen'thor so bad.

Overall, 1.2 is looking fantastic, can't wait to get my hands on it in live, and definitely looking forward to other patches. And to all the people naysaying.... games only been out 3 months, and it takes time for MMOs to mature.

Your rule was "All" of Star Wars, that would mean there are no exceptions.

All of Star Wars is human-centric. Make no mistake, I like alien leads, too. I wish there were more species, you know that. We were both in the species thread pre-launch asking for more playable species.

That doesn't change the fact that the overall Star Wars motif is, indeed, human-centric.

You must be an Assassin. As a sorcerer following the lightning spec from 1-50 I felt trapped with Khem Val, I spent more time healing him than DPSing and I couldn't take on the same type of fights with any other companion as I could with Khem. Every time I got a new companion, it was like "Oh hey, another person to stand on my ship or get sent on crafting missions." I felt like I was broken because I couldn't take on the elite strength bosses in my class storyline that were alone and my level. Throw in a few normal strength mobs or a strong and I was screwed. My alts seem to have more variety in companion choice and less of a hard time. I liked the Sorc storyline, liked what lightning spec had to potentially offer, but I just have no desire to play my Sorc anymore. And because I picked human I get a presence boost to my other classes that already do better with their alts than my Sorc? I don't know, it feels a little like salt in the wound.

Interesting... I'm not having this experience at all on my Sorc....