Operatives / Scoundrels

KalTorrak

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/editorial/20027-patch-1-2-concealment-operative-analysis

After this (one if not the most underplayed class) you can kiss the rest of them goodbye, wow what a nerf, I have an Operative, he is awesome fun to play, but wasn't my first character, didn't get to play him pre huge nerf to hidden strike but I was on the receiving end of it, all good, I mostly rolled one for the storyline (Which is awesome) but seriously this is a HUGE nerf, I didn't see anything wrong with the class after the hidden strike nerf.

My Marauder (and everyone out there that has one unless you are in denial) or vs'd one will know them and Jugs are the most OP out there at the moment, what the hell is the point of making the most rarely played class extinct.... unless you are a healer there will be no point in playing a DPS role anymore.... does BW have any clue? Cause it doesn't seem like it from where I am standing....

Merc / Commando is the other biggy but that is being fixed in 1.2 fair enough (heavy armor and doing the most dps lawl what?) anyways, I always thought the least armoured, was suppose to do the most damage (balance right?) take longer to kill, more survivability, less dps output, apparently not.

Edited by KalTorrak

Umm....first thing I noticed in that article, is that they're info from 1.1.1 is wrong. Acid Blade did not receive a buff. It's damage was reduced, and the armor penetration was reduced from 50% to 30%.

Not really anything good except for being able to chain a couple stuns together.

Edit: Gah. How do they release an article about the changes and whether it's a nerf, if they don't go and check information. Especially since this article was posted yesterday? Culling increases damage to Laceration by 2% per point. Waylay increases backstab damage by 4%.

Edited by Coldin

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/editorial/20027-patch-1-2-concealment-operative-analysis

After this (one if not the most underplayed class) you can kiss the rest of them goodbye, wow what a nerf, I have an Operative, he is awesome fun to play, but wasn't my first character, didn't get to play him pre huge nerf to hidden strike but I was on the receiving end of it, all good, I mostly rolled one for the storyline (Which is awesome) but seriously this is a HUGE nerf, I didn't see anything wrong with the class after the hidden strike nerf.

My Marauder (and everyone out there that has one unless you are in denial) or vs'd one will know them and Jugs are the most OP out there at the moment, what the hell is the point of making the most rarely played class extinct.... unless you are a healer there will be no point in playing a DPS role anymore.... does BW have any clue? Cause it doesn't seem like it from where I am standing....

Merc / Commando is the other biggy but that is being fixed in 1.2 fair enough (heavy armor and doing the most dps lawl what?) anyways, I always thought the least armoured, was suppose to do the most damage (balance right?) take longer to kill, more survivability, less dps output, apparently not.

Yes Mara/Sent are powerful but only 10% of the players who play them play them well. That is what i have seen on my server.

Edited by Badlander

The fact that they are nerfing the already least popular class even further is just unreal.

But then again, there are plenty of people on these forums that after all this time have still not figured out how easy it is to counter an Operative. And they will tell everyone that Operatives are OP and that the nerfs are justified.

Georg Zoeller:

If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people — yes, there aren’t many Operatives — but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause it’s not fun. We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

The fact that they are nerfing the already least popular class even further is just unreal.

But then again, there are plenty of people on these forums that after all this time have still not figured out how easy it is to counter an Operative. And they will tell everyone that Operatives are OP and that the nerfs are justified.

Sad fact.

Common answer for request to explain how they see dps Op/Sc will be usefull in organized pvp -is LEARN 2 PLAY NOOB!

And there always a story coming after, about how legit operatives still 6+ k critting at every ability. Some of them, who are on complete different level of ownage, crit for 7-8K on BM geared tanks who under guard, stomping bads, kill half of a team during stunlock, using their stealth as a gap closer, using their melee CC at 30 feet range, and so on.

People will ruin everything. They always were, they are, and they always will.

Bioware dont have any need to not listen to them, because they are very easy to satisfact, and they pay. Senior project managers don care whom are they getting money from.

I dunno, my first 50 was a scoundrel but after the nerf all I really had was healing that was subpar to other healers. Oh and before I get anybody calling me out on that I just did a normal eternity vault run last night where I had columi and the other scoundrel had rakata and it still was more effort then it should have been to keep everyone up.

Anyways I have started and gotten a vanguard up to 38. The operatives seem to be the only class that really gives me a bunch of grief in their somehow able to run 20-30% faster then everyone else. I can see how they are a pain to everyone since their somehow miraculous speed is very frustrating. But they still don't really hurt me as an Iron fist spec but they can out heal me. So I see on both sides the complaint.

That being said they really really don't need the nerf to damage. If I can lock them down, and my regular attack snares AND dots so I can, I can rip them apart. Unless they are heal specced and then i'm not going to win a 1v1. The Inquisitor and Consular are the ones that need the most nerfs right now, that and the grav/rocket salvo spammers.

But as it stands, if I play a smuggler anymore its going to be a gunslinger. Scoundrel need a lot of love before I use mine for anything other then making mods for alts.

Edited by Tetrablade

I die a little inside every time someone complains (today) about Operatives being OP.

Just not feeling it. Most of them out there are pretty gimp. There are some good players that are well geared and can be dangerous with them. Of course, any well geared class in the hands of a good player is dangerous at the moment.

I just haven't been feeling it. Since the nerf there hasn't been any point where I felt like an operative was too powerful or dominating me. They do hit hard out of the gate. They don't hit THAT hard though. Even when one gets a good string of big crits and takes me down low on hps early, it isn't fatal and they don't really have any good response to getting hit with knockbacks if you're trying to get them off of you. All they can really do is just walk back towards you. If they happen to jump me while I'm fighting other(s) and am low on hps already, honestly so what. Yeah I'll die but I would have died if someone else unloaded on me too.

If you're an outsider and see an enemy operative open on one of your friends, virtually any action you take to stop them will ruin their offense. Taunting them takes away the one thing they are good at for example and they are probably the worst class in the game at switching targets from one person to another in any sort of meaningful way. If not taunt, using a knockback saves the person. If not that either, a stun is fine. If you have a root, that'll do the trick too. Honestly almost anything you hit them with other than straight damage all but cripples them since they really need that early full uptime after a hidden strike to take advantage while they can.

I die a little inside every time someone complains (today) about Operatives being OP.

Just not feeling it. Most of them out there are pretty gimp. There are some good players that are well geared and can be dangerous with them. Of course, any well geared class in the hands of a good player is dangerous at the moment.

I just haven't been feeling it. Since the nerf there hasn't been any point where I felt like an operative was too powerful or dominating me. They do hit hard out of the gate. They don't hit THAT hard though. Even when one gets a good string of big crits and takes me down low on hps early, it isn't fatal and they don't really have any good response to getting hit with knockbacks if you're trying to get them off of you. All they can really do is just walk back towards you. If they happen to jump me while I'm fighting other(s) and am low on hps already, honestly so what. Yeah I'll die but I would have died if someone else unloaded on me too.

If you're an outsider and see an enemy operative open on one of your friends, virtually any action you take to stop them will ruin their offense. Taunting them takes away the one thing they are good at for example and they are probably the worst class in the game at switching targets from one person to another in any sort of meaningful way. If not taunt, using a knockback saves the person. If not that either, a stun is fine. If you have a root, that'll do the trick too. Honestly almost anything you hit them with other than straight damage all but cripples them since they really need that early full uptime after a hidden strike to take advantage while they can.

Exactly....

People complaining about 1.2 really have no idea what they are talking about.

Read the top comment at the bottom of the article...enough said.

PTS tests have consistently shown it is a nerf.

They gave us better energy regen for 'sustained dps', when we had zero energy problems and then combined that with a nerf to sustained damage overall.

If they cared about sustainable dps they'd nerf burst and allow UH to proc from quick shot or vital shot.

Granted, good scoundrels will still find a way to play the class well and be useful, but as it stands that same good player would bring a lot more to the game if they shelved their Scoundrel and rerolled a Shadow.

Anyways I have started and gotten a vanguard up to 38. The operatives seem to be the only class that really gives me a bunch of grief in their somehow able to run 20-30% faster then everyone else. I can see how they are a pain to everyone since their somehow miraculous speed is very frustrating. But they still don't really hurt me as an Iron fist spec but they can out heal me. So I see on both sides the complaint.

It's only 15% and i'm certain a lot more classes than operatives get the 15% passive speed boost. Infiltration Shadows and Combat Sentinels also get this passive speed boost, infact i'm pretty sure most dps classes do.

Edited by namelless

People complaining about 1.2 really have no idea what they are talking about.

Read the top comment at the bottom of the article...enough said.

That comment is wrong on almost every point it tries to make.

I.e., we now know how much the "increases Backstab/Back Blast damage" talent is, which everyone was hoping would compensate for the 3 sec increased cooldown. What is it, 4%?

And, as someone else mentioned, Concealment/Scrapper has zero issues with energy, and Laceration/Sucker Punch is used often, but isn't spammable.

Edited by Metronomotopoeia

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.