Future playable species

Shlamorel

A lot of the species in the wishlist here just aren't possible. Just being able to create a model is not enough, there are so many things to consider when adding a new species.

Togruta, Cathar, and Nautolans are likely within the coming updates.

I think this is one of the major isues with new species. The player base can not decide what it wants, and some of the requests are a little bit extreem. Personal I want Gran, Kel'dor, Trandoshan and half a dozen other species. I can see no problem with adding a Gran or a Kel'dor to the playable species. However some people might suggest Gran are not popular enough and Kel'dor are too ugly.

Personally I would like it if Bio Ware would give us a list of say 20 species they are considering adding and asking the forum going comunity to pick there favourites, Of course I would probably end up picking my third or fourth favourite because I would rather have my vote get sometime I wanted in than vote for my favourite which has no chance of making the top handful of playable species.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yh I want Togruta so bad. It seems like one of the most logical races they would put in next as there is both male and female genders. The Kel Dor would be highly impossible to be in the game at all since there is only one gender. I actually was one of the first people to play the game but I hated the races and hair styles so much and on top of that I just wanted to be a togruta. So I then stopped playing altogether because I looked aweful! But yh this is my input. They should make Togruta playable.

Kayla Rene Garner

Finished the game with a Consular recently and so far the most interesting species in the game for me are the Voss.

Beyond that, I would also appreciate less humanoid choices in the game. True that it can become a mess with armors and meshes and animation, but slowly implemented (one race at a time) it could be a great addition to the gameworld.

• 3 years later...

Considering ones that speak basic, and wouldn't require them to add in a pitch control (which is a totally different discussion for how they could make character customization a little better), that could suit the standard body types 1-4 and are even likely to be put into play:

1. Diathim

2. Zeltron

3. Nautolan

P.S. Is it just me, or would spiecial innate abilities be amazing?