Lightsabers or Vibroblades?

mattpopper

I prefer the non bland look of vibroblades to sabers! My main hand is The Chopper and my off hand is MD-5 Shock Viper Vibroblade. The combo looks more menacing. What do other Marauders out there use/think?

PvP sab0rz. Not much of a choice since you cant remove mods...

PvP sab0rz. Not much of a choice since you cant remove mods...

you can get high end mods for vibro weapons from raiding pve content, rare thought.

IM BORED with sabers, i mean they all look the same, they only thing that is different is the hilt which you cant see

There's a couple (rare) times in pve where I've noticed a mob will pop a shield that reduces energy damage (only). In those cases, a vibroblade (because it's kinetic) would actually do more damage.

That being said, it's incredibly rare and I don't know if there's an equivalent kinetic only type defense some have as well.

There's a couple (rare) times in pve where I've noticed a mob will pop a shield that reduces energy damage (only). In those cases, a vibroblade (because it's kinetic) would actually do more damage.

That being said, it's incredibly rare and I don't know if there's an equivalent kinetic only type defense some have as well.

so, are you saying that sabers do more damage in pvp because they are energy?

because i didnt know weapons had a damage type, i thought they just looked different.

come 1.2 i get my vibroblades back

/yay

The problem is, you cant get an augment slot in the offhand vibroblade because you cant craft an offhand one. We will still be stuck with a lightsaber if we want the extra stats.

I could have sworn that the Shock Viper vibrosword you can get from Taris commendations is not only modular, but you can dual-wield them(mainhand/offhand vibrosword). That's actually what I'm planning on using for my marauder, since I'm getting burned out on sabers. Plus once I get Vicious Throw/Deadly Throw, it'll be fun to lob a hunk of edged metal at someone with impunity. :jawa_tongue:

I could have sworn that the Shock Viper vibrosword you can get from Taris commendations is not only modular, but you can dual-wield them(mainhand/offhand vibrosword). That's actually what I'm planning on using for my marauder, since I'm getting burned out on sabers. Plus once I get Vicious Throw/Deadly Throw, it'll be fun to lob a hunk of edged metal at someone with impunity. :jawa_tongue:

This is correct. it can go in either hand even if its the size of a small car.

Hate to burst your bubble, but saber throw is still a lightsaber animation and sound. Very dissapointing

Screens?

dont have any, but the taris commendation blades are the ones ill be using (at least until i find something cooler lookin)

The problem is, you cant get an augment slot in the offhand vibroblade because you cant craft an offhand one. We will still be stuck with a lightsaber if we want the extra stats.

i think i can stand missing an augment slot in order to use my blades, but missing the dps/exp of the pvp saber is too much atm

I could have sworn that the Shock Viper vibrosword you can get from Taris commendations is not only modular, but you can dual-wield . :jawa_tongue:

You can, I just like the look of the Chopper more and wish that could be in both hands! But the Skeletor main hand sword, and Cloud offhand is still a fun combo!

For mainland and offhand chopper vibriblades there are 2 options.

1. Taris comms 14 eAch.

2. In Ilum at the base (where dailies are). There is a green modable vibrosword for credits that are mainland and offhand. The same vendor also sells a different look of vibrosword.

dont have any, but the taris commendation blades are the ones ill be using (at least until i find something cooler lookin)

i think i can stand missing an augment slot in order to use my blades, but missing the dps/exp of the pvp saber is too much atm

Columni and pvp and rakata sabers hilts cannot be removed. In 1.2 they will be.

Columni and pvp and rakata sabers hilts cannot be removed. In 1.2 they will be.

right, which is why i need my pvp sabers for their damage

but once i can pop out their hilts and put them in a vibroblade i definitely will

plus im full light side ... why do i get red sabers ... BW failed with that whole color restriction thing on the pvp sabers

Sabers all the way. This is Star Wars, we are Sith! Red bladed sabers or you are a smelly Jedi!

interesting fact... sith actually use to use vibro weapons was only because they faced the jedi that they adapted the weapon, so actually using vibro blades is far more traditional sith then a light saber x3 least pretty sure way i read it.