Rated Warzone and Hackers.

heikaze

Does anyone have video footage of some of these hacks?

I haven't seen a hacker in a warzone ever (75 War Hero here - done a lot of warzones), but if others say they exist I am more than willing to believe that they may be telling the truth. I'd just like to see some video footage so I can see it myself and see if there are other explanations.

Speed hacker

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed hacker

Thanks for sharing that. Yes, that was nuts.

As a side note, I love how towards the middle of the video the team that the video's perspective is from is just sitting there at mid starting at mid, too scared to move forward and looking like a deer in headlights (because they don't know what's going on).

Don't you love all those people fervently denying that any hacking goes on with the plethora of evidence and not to mention acknowledgement by BW (apparently they have) that it's happening?

Keep digging your holes kids, who knows, there might actually be gold at the bottom.

Don't you love all those people fervently denying that any hacking goes on with the plethora of evidence and not to mention acknowledgement by BW (apparently they have) that it's happening?

Keep digging your holes kids, who knows, there might actually be gold at the bottom.

Yeah but you can't assume someone in hacking because they are skeptical. How someone can be skeptical is beyond me, but they entitled to their opinions. As am I.

To the skeptics.. Google it. Its everywhere.

Back to the topic. Have anyone heard anything, what actions Bioware plan on doing when 1.2 comes out? I know it's just pre-season but having hackers, hack their way to top ELO is despicable, while will also ruing your gaming experience.

Then you better talk with BW cuz at the guild summit they fully admitted that there is hacking going on along with other cheats. They also said they had a team working on getting these hackers and are hiring more to help them.

They added that 1.2 will be the time that they use to ban these players accounts.

This is what we heard from peeps that went to guild summit also.

I only hope they meant what they said and that it actually happends.

I dont know, but when I see an under 50 sniper all alone, Tank and kill 6 other players beating on him, cap a gun, and repel all other attempts, by himself.

I dont know what to call that.

Did I mention his health never dropped under 3/4's .

NOOOOO, there is no hacking going on, at all.

Hacking does exist but in my experience, false accusations outnumber hacking by about 20 to 1.

I have been accused of hacking and I have been on teams that accused the opposition of hacking. People generally have no idea what they are talking about.

I have trouble believing individual claims from people. Not because I don't believe hacking goes on but simply because so many people are flat out unknowledgable about basic game abilities and mechanics.

"I saw this sorc using a speed hack! Every so often he would run really fast for a couple seconds then go back to normal speed hoping no one noticed!"

I have trouble believing individual claims from people. Not because I don't believe hacking goes on but simply because so many people are flat out unknowledgable about basic game abilities and mechanics.

"I saw this sorc using a speed hack! Every so often he would run really fast for a couple seconds then go back to normal speed hoping no one noticed!"

What about the invulnerable Jedi knight hack that works for a few seconds?

Not to mention the hit me for 5K DPS hack.

Edited by richardya

The speed hacking and teleporting have been around for a while now. But lately there are two others that are much more unbalancing that cause me more concern.

1. Characters take damage as normal until they hit a certain point and then nothing else damages them, period. To the extent that solo they can kill two comparably geared players without taking another single digit of damage.

2. Capping points by touching them. I've seen that happen several times over the last few days. Last night, I ninja'ed capped, I was standing at the cap when the opposing player simply turned around and touched it. Bam, capped back.

Someone please tell me what character/class abilities explain those two events (abilities that I might be misunderstanding or unaware of).

I await enlightenment.

Great news, I really hope they will address this asap. Because right now, like my previous posts, they aren't doing anything about it. Seeing the same hacker over and over again.

Every day I'm accused of hacking. Pretty much ever since I hit 50. Just because nobody knows about sent buffs or how volatile they can be. Just today I get the same old in /say "i can't wait until your banned"

The fact that so many pvprs with a ton of xp in wzs have not seen a hacker including myself is eluding to the fact that there are very few hackers in wzs. Rated won't be affected much at all. I found the gold and now I'm gonna enjoy rated without fear of hackers. I don't see a plethora of evidence and i've seen more hackers in wow. None of which were ever max level and none of which stayed in the game long.

I dont know, but when I see an under 50 sniper all alone, Tank and kill 6 other players beating on him, cap a gun, and repel all other attempts, by himself.

I dont know what to call that.

Did I mention his health never dropped under 3/4's .

NOOOOO, there is no hacking going on, at all.

I know there is another hack that totally confuses the client into thinking you are not facing the target and causes skills to not fire. I have seen this used mostly by SWs and on one ocassion an agent.

The speed hacking and teleporting have been around for a while now. But lately there are two others that are much more unbalancing that cause me more concern.

1. Characters take damage as normal until they hit a certain point and then nothing else damages them, period. To the extent that solo they can kill two comparably geared players without taking another single digit of damage.

2. Capping points by touching them. I've seen that happen several times over the last few days. Last night, I ninja'ed capped, I was standing at the cap when the opposing player simply turned around and touched it. Bam, capped back.

Someone please tell me what character/class abilities explain those two events (abilities that I might be misunderstanding or unaware of).

I await enlightenment.

Hahaha i hope you are a troll. Literally read the post right above yours. If no troll then lulz.

p.s. I solo 2 or 3 comparably geared players all the time

Edited by Rotanartlu

Hahaha i hope you are a troll. Literally read the post right above yours. If no troll then lulz.

Hmmm, I'm aware of the "invulnerable Jedi hack" :), and no this isn't it.

P.S.: You're missing the point, this isn't about incredibly good PvPers killing multiple people, I'm good with that. This is about, if you were fighting two players and getting the crap kicked out of you (from 100% to 10% in a few seconds) and then stopped taking damage from those same two players and managed to kill both without losing another single point of health, then please tell, how do you do that? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Pedra

I know there is another hack that totally confuses the client into thinking you are not facing the target and causes skills to not fire. I have seen this used mostly by SWs and on one ocassion an agent.

I actually had this happen to me a few times, I just thought my client was bugging out. Mixed in with countless bugs.

Considering how easy it is to get valor now, I'm not impressed. I am rank 80 btw, and if he is 75 and have not seen any hackers, then I'm glad his servers have good players that is willing to play the game right. But that does not prove hackers do not exist.

1. i doubt he got 75 valor in the past few weeks
  2. i never said that if you havent seen hacking then it doesnt exist, those are his words and irrelevant to my point

But if you are valor 75, that means you have spent alot of time playing pvp warzones.

Not necessarily...it could mean you were one of the people lucky enough to squat your *** in front of the Rep base on Ilum, racking up the valor before WZs became fashionable.

• 4 months later...

Well, I got several 50s, I typically get full Battlemaster and a piece of Warhero or so, I may not be high Valor as some, but I do have various characters I focus on making it hard to do so, but besides that I am playing in all brackets of PVP.

I didn't even know hacking existed until more recently, when someone pointed it out to me.

Here are some of the examples:

Speed Hacking - I was on my pub toon doing 50 regular warzones and I saw an Assassin run from their teams general area all the way to the endzone in a flash. No one could stun, stop or pull him, it was rediculous.

Disapearing? - I was playing Huttball again, I had ball carrier targeted and I was firing at a distance on my powertech. It was a marauder I believe, or sent, and they disapeared while holding the ball and showed up maybe 15 seconds later next to the endzone.

Novare Coast - I was guarding a turret and I was just trying to hold back some mobs, and from behind the building - not in line of site mind you, a stealthed assassin was accessing the terminal where i not only couldn't break it, but the other aggro prevented me from stopping it.

Most likely a bug - invisable bomb planting, not experienced personally by me, but it has something to do with aoe stealth and self stealth that the bomb can be planted invisible, as if no one was at the door.

These are the ones I've seen personally while I been pvping, I'm good enough at pvp that people have requested i'd join them in a premade on various accounts just to have someone reliable. I'm not here to flaunt anything just report what I've seen. These are obvious tactics used and that alone needs to be addressed.

Well, I got several 50s, I typically get full Battlemaster and a piece of Warhero or so, I may not be high Valor as some, but I do have various characters I focus on making it hard to do so, but besides that I am playing in all brackets of PVP.

I didn't even know hacking existed until more recently, when someone pointed it out to me.

Here are some of the examples:

Speed Hacking - I was on my pub toon doing 50 regular warzones and I saw an Assassin run from their teams general area all the way to the endzone in a flash. No one could stun, stop or pull him, it was rediculous.

Disapearing? - I was playing Huttball again, I had ball carrier targeted and I was firing at a distance on my powertech. It was a marauder I believe, or sent, and they disapeared while holding the ball and showed up maybe 15 seconds later next to the endzone.

Novare Coast - I was guarding a turret and I was just trying to hold back some mobs, and from behind the building - not in line of site mind you, a stealthed assassin was accessing the terminal where i not only couldn't break it, but the other aggro prevented me from stopping it.

Most likely a bug - invisable bomb planting, not experienced personally by me, but it has something to do with aoe stealth and self stealth that the bomb can be planted invisible, as if no one was at the door.

These are the ones I've seen personally while I been pvping, I'm good enough at pvp that people have requested i'd join them in a premade on various accounts just to have someone reliable. I'm not here to flaunt anything just report what I've seen. These are obvious tactics used and that alone needs to be addressed.

Disappearing? Did they reappear with or without the ball? Because I am a shadow and obviously I can disappear just as a marauder can but with me it resets the ball.

As I have pointed out before, it is no help at all that the Hero engine makes PvP so lagomatic that even if someone isn't cheating, it may look like it, and vice versa. But yah, I have seen several things that almost have to be hacks and not lag. Typically, you will also notice 1 (sometimes more) toon that always seems to get helpful lag - the ones that you literally can't harpoon or push into traps for example, or that get knocked off the platforms but always stutter back, several times a match.

Yesterday I saw a guy, apparently standing near the ball spawn, repeatedly harpoon people into both acid pits, once when they were between him and the pit...that's some impressive lag. He did the same thing with firepits, but not quite so obviously - he was almost exactly midway between the two near our goal, kept pulling people into the center of the fire traps, every single time. Amazingly, despite empty resolve, KBs resulted in him 'stuttering' and ending up where he started. Like I said, I have seen people do that where it quite likely was lag, but even if it's the case, it's just really bad design.