Why such a heavy hand for SIs in 1.2?

Minkypuss

After this update it will be the last I play of the SI character.

Sith inquisitors are the weakest in 1v1, they are now average at healing, weak at DPS, and any other class regardless of AC can kill us. I seriously regret not picking assassin.

I agree. They should refund our gear and AC for this nerf ********.

I always find it funny when they nerf a class players will think it becomes unplayable and overreact.

Honestly these are overall small balance tweaks.

Just continue to play as normal and learn to adapt.

that's what a skilled player would do, and that's what i have done in the past.

And i know i will get flammed or trolled for this post, but it's true.

Healing was overpowered and needed to be "slightly" readjusted.

I've finished reading the patch notes and it looks legit to me.

So please don't tell me it's game breaking, because It will not be.

Coming from a 'skilled player' (pvp mostly) who has participated in the PTR for this upcoming patch, I have to disagree with you.

The 'nerfs' to the SI affect and effect all of us, whether we are skilled players or up-in-coming ones, or just face-rolling-keyboard-trolls.

What the theorycrafters and PTR testers are complaining about is the result of their nerfs based on skilled players who are trying to overcome the nerf to be viable, and having a hard time finding a way. They hit us too hard.

Almost everyone agreed that the Consumption issue, or the double-dipping in the Corruption tree needed fixing/tweaking. However, issues in the Madness and Lightning tree have been apparent since launch. Our 31 pt talents are mediocre at best, some of our talent choices are worthless and passed over due to poor mechanic implementation, we have to spec into abilities that other classes get 'just because' and they are far weaker as a result. The classes actually needed buffing. Go read a theorycrafters post under the Sith Inquisitor, go read the PTR boards. See the numbers, see the changes, and you will see a major herp-derp on Biowares part.

After leveling my SI, getting her almost to valor rank 77, and loving her... I've already retired her, and am currently trying to decide if I want to actually level another class I'm not interested in, or just quit for awhile until they see their screw up go live. Staying alive in pvp as a glass cannon was difficult enough. On the ptr, people who have half my Expertise, and face-roll their keyboards kill me instantly. No thanks Bioware, not interested in being perma cannon fodder.

Flame on

Can I come in here and tell you guys that you deserve the nerf, like so many SI's and others did while we got nerfed into oblivion multiple times? L2P? It's not a nerf; it's a balance? If you're a "good" player, you'll learn to overcome the minor balances to your class? That SI really need the nerfs because you're all OP? etc.

Everyone's time will come. Remember that next time.

I always find it funny when they nerf a class players will think it becomes unplayable and overreact.

Honestly these are overall small balance tweaks.

Just continue to play as normal and learn to adapt.

that's what a skilled player would do, and that's what i have done in the past.

And i know i will get flammed or trolled for this post, but it's true.

Healing was overpowered and needed to be "slightly" readjusted.

I've finished reading the patch notes and it looks legit to me.

So please don't tell me it's game breaking, because It will not be.

This.

Seriously, right now Sorc/Consulars are the healers that you can play good with the least amount of skill. You don't have to watch your resource (Force) at all. Just spam some buttons in the correct order and there you go: a wonderful healer.

Now they're going to make it somewhat harder, which they should've done from the release because then Bioware wouldn't have gotten all the flaming: Oh no, they nerfed my class, Im now utterly useless. Well f*** you, Im unsubbing...stupid game...

In PvP, a Seer (full BM) just pretty much healed himself for 50% of his hitpoints with Healing Trance. And also in PvE they can put down burst healing that no other class can. The easymode is over and anyone could've seen it coming. Do yourself and the community a favor, stop your whining and become a better player.

i find it damn ridiculous and hilarious that it was ASSASINS whom needed the nerf slap and yet its sorcs getting smacked around in 1.2

How so? Madness and deception need slight survivability buffs to be honest. Neither spec brings anything that a marauder doesn't do better. Secondly, assassins got nerfed last patch by separating the charges to specific trees and making it cost 100 force(nerfed over 1/2 the going PvP builds). Third, darkness was buffed because it was underperforming when compared to other tanks. In conclusion, QQ moar...

PvE is whatever... PVP on the other hand... yeh, don't press Consumption.

Doesn't matter. Sorcs are dead in PvP before they run out of force.

How so? Madness and deception need slight survivability buffs to be honest. Neither spec brings anything that a marauder doesn't do better.

No DPS brings anything that a marauder doesn't already do better. Maras are this game's Bright Wizards.

Edited by Caelrie