Why do the biggest issues get the least feedback?

Reevax

So reroll if you don't like your 'dead' server?

It is clearly a viable option since:

a)BioWare does not force you to play on said server

b)You are too impatient to wait for character transfer and

c)Nothing but your own refusal is stopping you.

They are not getting 50% of what they are paying for. They are getting what they paid for, nothing has, is, or will ever stop them from just rerolling on a different server. You know how character transfers work on most every other game? They cost money, that's how. You have to buy them. When that day comes, you'll complain about that too, so it is a lose-lose.

They have no reason to give people something for free that they will gladly pay for. Why? Because there is nothing at all stopping you from just starting over. There is nothing preventing you from moving to a server which has more population. You yourself are stopping you.

You rolled the dice and you lost, big deal. So did I. My server is fairly low population, but I don't care. I'm enjoying the time in the game with my friends and my guild without complaining. We discussed the prospect of moving whenever transfers came about, but it wont likely be needed with cross-server Warzone queue coming and server-wide LFG coming.

Great logic right here folks. Were you paid to type that? Let's sell an MMORPG to the masses and leave out the MMO part, AWESOME. Oh and let's put the burden on the customer if we mess up. They are banking on people like you to keep them afloat. You know those people who are absolutely fine with mediocrity

Edited by Chalisar

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's referring to the general bugginess of a lot of stuff Soa fight being the one that comes to my mind ya they could do a better job, but still this post is obscure and vague about the subject, it feels kind of trollish to me.

Great logic right here folks. Were you paid to type that? Let's sell an MMORPG to the masses and leave out the MMO part, AWESOME. Oh and let's put the burden on the customer if we mess up. They are banking on people like you to keep them afloat. You know those people who are absolutely fine with mediocrity

As it has been pointed out the servers have low populations because BW created extra servers at launch after players on the forum whined about queues.

So in effect their only "mess up" was doing what the player base asked for, therefore your actual complaint should be "why the hell did they listen to forum posters in pre-launch?"

It's not their fault but it is their problem to deal with, the lesson that they learned is to ignore forum posters on certain topics.

In regard to the OP, some of the "biggest problems" that are being posted in here weekly are not bugs or anything wrong with the game but things that some people feel are missing and other people don't want.

So BW has to decide which part of the player base they will alienate and which they will cater to, I assume this means waiting a bit to see which will be more faithful and which are going to leave the fastest as they logically will want to cater to customers that will stay the longest.

Hyperbole.

Bioware made the mistake of caving in to the rants in early access about login queues. Their knee jerk reaction was to add a buttload of servers at launch to lessen the queue times. What they should have done was ignore the impatient mob and simply follow their plan because they had it fixed in less than a month. The people who cried for more servers then are the same people who are crying for mergers now that server pops are unbalanced. They created their own mess but would rather finger point then be a part of the solution. If they are tomorrow's leaders then we're all hosed.

The game is fine and will continue improving as long as dev ignores the self annointed experts and sticks to their vision.

I am sorry but that is not entirely true. I pre-ordered the game and selected a server from day 1 of my early access. I never had a queue and from the start on the Thana Val server, rolled Rep and server PoP is dismal.

so its not like I waited for BioWare to add servers. My server pop was low right out of the gate. Call it bad luck or whatever you want but certainly not the reason as you stated above.

with that said, I do agree with you that they followed a knee jerk reaction and that they added too many servers after the fact which caused the player base to jump ship onto these new but destined to be dead servers.

As it has been pointed out the servers have low populations because BW created extra servers at launch after players on the forum whined about queues.

So in effect their only "mess up" was doing what the player base asked for, therefore your actual complaint should be "why the hell did they listen to forum posters in pre-launch?"

It's not their fault but it is their problem to deal with, the lesson that they learned is to ignore forum posters on certain topics.

If they needed to add servers then they needed to add servers plain and simple. How can you blame the player base for that, lol? What a joke. If they added TOO MANY servers then that is their fault plain and simple. So let me get this straight, ITS THE PLAYERS FAULT. These people....

Yes, the burden is on you. They have no reason to 'give' you a free transfer, a service that most people make you pay for, simply because you refuse to roll a new character on a higher population server because you feel the game isn't massive enough for you.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Viera

If they needed to add servers then they needed to add servers plain and simple. How can you blame the player base for that, lol? What a joke. If they added TOO MANY servers then that is their fault plain and simple. So let me get this straight, ITS THE PLAYERS FAULT. These people....

hmm well lets see 1.5mil box sales + all the dl sales makes for alot of people. i saw 800 players in the emp fleet day 1 of early access. being someone who played in beta i flew through the first planet. so many ppl already there asking for lvl 20 instance groups. bio only added servers as they needed them. every server they added hit full within the hour of its launch, so yes they needed to add servers. some ppl dont like waiting in a 3 hour que.

now that the first few months are through, yes many ppl will dip with all the competition. old games with new incentives to stay, new games launching. hell i love the endgame, but im looking into planetside 2, granted i've been looking for a fps with some of a mmo playstyle for years.

so now we have 2 many servers, guess what, asia and other parts of the area will be joining the ranks soon. oh and look there's a bunch of standard servers....why would they start the merge with so many ppl about to join? :rolleyes:

Yes, the burden is on you. They have no reason to 'give' you a free transfer, a service that most people make you pay for, simply because you refuse to roll a new character on a higher population server because you feel the game isn't massive enough for you.

Never paid for server transfers on Rift, and you are allowed to transfer as often as once a week. If they make us pay for transfers after a smaller market game does not, it'll be a real shame.

It honestly surprises me that, as a customer, you do not expect more, but hey, it's your money.

You clearly have no idea that you can have expectations as a paying customer.

Doesn't mean they have to disclose every single detail. Rational consumers are aware of this. Only irrational people think the meager money they pay for something entitles them to everything.

Never paid for server transfers on Rift, and you are allowed to transfer as often as once a week. If they make us pay for transfers after a smaller market game does not, it'll be a real shame.

It honestly surprises me that, as a customer, you do not expect more, but hey, it's your money.

If your economic issues are that severe, maybe paying a sub is too much. Best thing about money is, if you have a job, you can always get more.

One thing we all have to remember is that only a small fraction of active players spend any time at all here on the forums. When players experience a problem in-game, they submit a ticket, thus those are a far more reliable way for the developers to judge what is a big issue or just whining by a small but loud minority. (i'm not implying that any particular issue mentioned here is not important or whatever, just trying to add in a little common sense). And I just have to add that its been stated that they're working out a transfer system now, and that it's complicated because of the legacy system being server specific, so please stop saying that there's been no communication on population issues.

That's not entirely fair to say. When I chose my server, it was at the pre-order stage. I had no idea which servers were going to be populated / unpopulated.

Did you??

Therefore, I think it is fair for the customers who are SOL on low pop servers when they innocently rolled on a server at launch time, to ask for a transfer.

Me personally, I would not mind to pay for it. But that is just me.

Edited by JediRaffa

• 3 weeks later...
That's not entirely fair to say. When I chose my server, it was at the pre-order stage. I had no idea which servers were going to be populated / unpopulated.

Did you??

Therefore, I think it is fair for the customers who are SOL on low pop servers when they innocently rolled on a server at launch time, to ask for a transfer.

Me personally, I would not mind to pay for it. But that is just me.

well you see it bothers those of us on the populated server. as of now, "The Fatman" is over populated. after 7pm est the server que starts hitting around 400, after that it gets at least as high as 800. oh and if you dc, guess what....you're back in the que. we've had to 14man or 8man Denova since 1.2 because we dont feel like waiting for hours on players having this issue.

instead of moving to a populated server, you should move to a medium populated server. you get a populated server, and no que...for awhile.