1.2 pvp fail

radbass

iv read through the patch notes... and theres some nice stuff in there. mostly just fixes for crap they screwed up on. no more HM lockouts, theyre fixing the fiasco that is lvl 50 pvp gear, killing ilum once and for all, removing merc commendations entirely because apparently they are completely incapable of implementing them for their intended purpose.... But they fail to even mention what has been promised to us months ago, which is perhaps the single most obvious fix for pvp. CROSS SERVER PVP. where is it bioware? you already stole 90% of the game from WoW. why is it taking you so long to steal the mechanics we actually WANT? Edited by radbass

Yeah...Cross server warzones aren't exactly what I call "PvP". Open world objectives, open world capture points that affect your faction with a buff/debuff, reasons to fight in the open world...THAT is what we need well before cross server warzones.

Yeah...Cross server warzones aren't exactly what I call "PvP". Open world objectives, open world capture points that affect your faction with a buff/debuff, reasons to fight in the open world...THAT is what we need well before cross server warzones.

problem is that isnt going to happen. the game is so instanced and separated that the idea of true open world pvp is laughable. plus the fact that bioware is incapable of implementing a reward system for open world pvp. also, the games mechanics are identical to WoW. you dont see much meaningful open world pvp in WoW other than "kill the other guy" because it doesnt work. and Swtor is basically WoW in space with a combination of much lower population and much more separation of players. all that= no feasible way to implement good open world pvp.

But they fail to even mention what has been promised to us months ago, which is perhaps the single most obvious fix for pvp. CROSS SERVER PVP. where is it bioware?

They always stated that cross server PVP wasn't in 1.2.

Edited by KyoMamoru

They always stated that cross server PVP wasn't in 1.2.

that isnt true. early on, they stated that cross server was arriving in 1.2. then they got all hush hush about it and havnt even mentioned it since then.

that isnt true. early on, they stated that cross server was arriving in 1.2. then they got all hush hush about it and havnt even mentioned it since then.

You have a link where they said this? I have never heard them mention cross-server queuing in 1.2, they've always said it would come in afterwards.

I thought they were doing ranked warzones in 1.2 which they are referring to as "pre-season", which will not have cross server warzones. When the "regular season" begins, that is when you will see cross server zones.

Now I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that is what is going to happen. They need to test out the ranked warzones on live before they implement any form of cross server pvp.

You have a link where they said this? I have never heard them mention cross-server queuing in 1.2, they've always said it would come in afterwards.

i would be able to link it.... except keep in mind bioware (and EA) have a history of deleting posts when they change their minds. i remember that post from the dev blog... but now its nowhere to be found.

Edited by radbass

ya, i gotta ask for a link. even in the interview Gabe did with an aussie website, he talked about 1.2 being the pre-season(without cross server). while he did discuss cross server queuing in this interview, that was said to be later, and was more about being able to select the warone you want instead of it being random

ya, i gotta ask for a link. even in the interview Gabe did with an aussie website, he talked about 1.2 being the pre-season(without cross server). while he did discuss cross server queuing in this interview, that was said to be later, and was more about being able to select the warone you want instead of it being random

im talking early on. it was pretty much announced at the same time that it was announced they were working on 1.2. but like i said.... that announcement has mysteriously disappeared.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.