Uneven Warzone Numbers

MasterApollo

So here's the thing that really bugs me about warzones. As it stands, a warzone can start with as low as 3 people on one side (I think it auto-ends if only 2 there?). You get the normal 120s count down which can give a larger team plenty of time to cap all 3 turrets in civil war, take both doors in voidstar or score at least one goal in huttball.

So straight away the game is at a massive disadvantage. Yet time and time again the game will slowly reinforce your numbers preventing the stop. This tends to actually encourage folks to leave as where's the incentive to stay? You're usually already well behind so why bother?

Instead of doing things that way, why doesn't the game kick folks from the other side? Sure, it might be a little bit annoying for whoever gets kicked but warzones are meant to be even fights. As soon as there's an advantage in numbers it becomes a cakewalk.

Or if you'd rather not kick folks, give those in the warzone on the smaller side a separate buff to counter the number difference.

I've been on both sides of this and it's not really fun either way. I don't like to win when there's numbers as then it's just an easy win with little effort and I don't like to lose in the same way as it's nothing to do with how I'm playing, it's simply the numbers playing against you.

Get used to it. Unless Bioware bring x-server support BEFORE(or with) 1.2, this will become the norm - that and LONG Qs to play a short wz because there arent enough numbers to support it.

If Bioware think they dont need x-server support, they should simply shut down and go home. The fall in people playing is evident across most servers and I am at a loss why Bioware think/feel that their game didnt need x-server support from day 1.

Adding stuff that is basic for most other MMOs that launched, like ranked wzs, kicking afk players, group pvp is all fine but you need to have the players there first to make it all work.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Get used to it. Unless Bioware bring x-server support BEFORE(or with) 1.2, this will become the norm - that and LONG Qs to play a short wz because there arent enough numbers to support it.

If Bioware think they dont need x-server support, they should simply shut down and go home. The fall in people playing is evident across most servers and I am at a loss why Bioware think/feel that their game didnt need x-server support from day 1.

Adding stuff that is basic for most other MMOs that launched, like ranked wzs, kicking afk players, group pvp is all fine but you need to have the players there first to make it all work.

Can't really argue with that logic. I'm just thinking of additional (and maybe easier, I'm dunno) work arounds that they could do until they have cross-server stuff

Can't really argue with that logic. I'm just thinking of additional (and maybe easier, I'm dunno) work arounds that they could do until they have cross-server stuff

Check the thread "This has got to stop", on the same topic. Nothing keeps BW from taking steps to make the opposing teams equal in size when the WZ starts, and nothing keeps them from not adding new members to one side if it already is larger than the other.

This seems like it wold be much easier to implement than X-serve support, and it more directly addresses the problem.