The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Savage Kick bugged?

DaftMule

Anyone else find that Savage Kick only ever becomes active when you have just used Force Charge (presumably because of "Crash" which adds a stun to Force Charge)? It says it can only be used on slowed or immobilized targets, so if it works on a target stunned by Force Charge, why doesn't it work on targets that are immobilized by force choke or stunned by another skill?

Chilling Scream is a slow. And it only costs 2 rage. If I am low on rage, or just want to kill a minion quickly, I will chilling scream and then savage kick. I prefer to use Force scream/smash and pommel strike for this (mainly because smash and screm are part of my usual rotation), but it can be fun to use the kick on occasion.

Of course I cheat, I have a Razer Naga and have my chilling scream/kick combo bound to the 12 key, so it is there when I want it, but not taking up a spot on a key that I use all the time.

Kick doesn't work at all for me in PvP, regardless of how much I slow or immobilize a target, it is never usable. Pretty stupid, considering it is a 3-4k crit opener that is free. Same goes for Pommel strike in PvP, it is very very rare that I ever get to use it, and I can never activate it myself.

Both abilities are pointless in Operations as well because nothing there can be slowed/stunned.

IMO, force scream should either stun for 3 seconds to allow the use of Pommel strike, or you should be able to talent into making it stun for 3 seconds.

Also IMO, you should be able to use force kick on players after slowing/immobilizing them. Here, lets give marauders these 2 kickass high dmg abilities that they can never use for anything at level 50 outside of flashpoints and dailies. Real smart.

Pommel strike and savage kick are pve only, useful for clearing trash quicker. Every class has a ability or two like this. The tooltips really should be editted to say that.

Crippling slash, or a talented rupture (for mara) can also slow a target and open up the kick.

It works on strong, normal and weak mobs only. It's also force damage and can hit really hard if you have a high force crit chance and force crit multiplier (rage Juggs & Marauders). It's a nice rage free single target hit, for rage spec using it right after crush gives you a way to let crush build up shockwave stacks without stopping damage or spending rage, just don't use it on anything less than a strong mob or you'll kill them before you get the 4th shockwave stack.