Dear Bioware

Gamanos

I would like to first say, Thank you for making this MMO. I have heartily enjoyed it despite short falls that have occurred and sincerely hope that you are looking to fix these in the future to deliver the polished product we had come to expect from the likes of Mass Effect 1. I implore you to take CCP's recent behavior in previous months as an example of what not to do. For those who aren't aware, CCP attempted to force something on players that they disagreed with heavily which resulted in the players deliberately crashing server nodes in protest. They learned from this after seeing a 10% dip in subscriptions and have since returned to their community for what needed doing to make the game live up to the expectations the players had.

CCP took a long standing list of player wishes/fixes/bug corrections and are making small headway each month while actively involving players in the process to allow their concerns to be allayed while making the players aware of the work that goes into the game. CCP Developers frequent the forums often and will communicate any progress they have made or even ask for suggestions on the problem at hand. I ask you to do the same, I love this game. However common sense is telling me that because it's not up to par that I shouldn't pay for it, not at a retail rate anyway.

Coming from previous MMO's I have suffered through the good and the bad, and I personally hope that this does not end up like Star Trek online, which is fun but on life support having gone Free to Play. Worse I hope it does not end up like Warhammer, which was tons of fun but utterly crippled by bugs to the point of mass unplayability. I wasn't lucky enough to have an SWG account, but from how people speak of it I would truly like this game to become it's successor. Make this game as sociable as possible, make it about the team work and fun as well as our individual story. Make it something to even kill off WoW. You have the resources and technology, show us you can use them well.

I have decided to renew my sub for 3 months, but even I cannot hold out hope after that point if innovations in technology that you are skilled enough to input are not done and players have been ignored. Until then, I wish you the best of luck for all of our sakes.

This game is turning out to be a lot like Warhammer. Remember when they nerfed and balanced and fixed very few bugs and released very little new content? I do.

I think SWTOR even has old Warhammer people working on it, doesn't it? I could be wrong but thought I heard that.

You can never achieve balance in a MMORPG, ever. Good call doing it with your first major patch, instead of other things Bioware.

I can't wait for 1.2, can you?

Who knows what will be in store for the players of this game in the next two-three months.. the patch is supposedly.. (what I heard at least) coming out next week.. PLEASE!!! heh.

That will bring new stuff and the hope is the next patch 1.3 wont take nearly as long.. alot of people are going to stay if they get the updates in, in a timely manner.

Even if they do small patches fixing "small" things, it's worked wonders for the longevity of other MMO's. From a business standpoint, you're keeping people over the long term instead of canceled subs and then an influx of subs that slowly drops off after a major patch. CCP, again has a "bring me your little things" thread that devs post about near weekly on fixes or at least progress.

People say the dev's aren't beholden to them. I say this is true only to a point. Without a source of revenue, they have no jobs anymore without starting a new project. While I may never get a dev to reply(A GM lock is probably more likely), seeing small bug fixes or features that players request added gives me and other players a bit of heart. Obviously EVE's model is different to here in that those small fixes not just affect the game, but can potentially reinvigorate it overnight. As the above poster said, don't be warhammer. Fun game, but not polished in its core principles

Most of us will be moving on to new MMOs due out by this summer. You can't hold players in a game if there's no reason for them to stay.

You don't speak for most of us, in fact you only speak for yourself, and possibly friends and family, and I really do not think they make up almost a million people.

I would like to first say, Thank you for making this MMO. I have heartily enjoyed it despite short falls that have occurred and sincerely hope that you are looking to fix these in the future to deliver the polished product we had come to expect from the likes of Mass Effect 1. I implore you to take CCP's recent behavior in previous months as an example of what not to do. For those who aren't aware, CCP attempted to force something on players that they disagreed with heavily which resulted in the players deliberately crashing server nodes in protest. They learned from this after seeing a 10% dip in subscriptions and have since returned to their community for what needed doing to make the game live up to the expectations the players had.

CCP took a long standing list of player wishes/fixes/bug corrections and are making small headway each month while actively involving players in the process to allow their concerns to be allayed while making the players aware of the work that goes into the game. CCP Developers frequent the forums often and will communicate any progress they have made or even ask for suggestions on the problem at hand. I ask you to do the same, I love this game. However common sense is telling me that because it's not up to par that I shouldn't pay for it, not at a retail rate anyway.

Coming from previous MMO's I have suffered through the good and the bad, and I personally hope that this does not end up like Star Trek online, which is fun but on life support having gone Free to Play. Worse I hope it does not end up like Warhammer, which was tons of fun but utterly crippled by bugs to the point of mass unplayability. I wasn't lucky enough to have an SWG account, but from how people speak of it I would truly like this game to become it's successor. Make this game as sociable as possible, make it about the team work and fun as well as our individual story. Make it something to even kill off WoW. You have the resources and technology, show us you can use them well.

I have decided to renew my sub for 3 months, but even I cannot hold out hope after that point if innovations in technology that you are skilled enough to input are not done and players have been ignored. Until then, I wish you the best of luck for all of our sakes.

This game already is like Warhammer.

I was thinking about it for a couple the other day. My guess is the dev's are told to not look at the forums. I could be wrong, but that's how it feels, the only people I ever see around are the board admins and theyre just glorified temp's.

Most of us will be moving on to new MMOs due out by this summer. You can't hold players in a game if there's no reason for them to stay.

I agree with your last statement. But you are confusing your opinion of the game with that of the majority of players. Feel free to voice your opinion, but please do not pretend that you speak for me or other players.

Thank you.

Who knows what will be in store for the players of this game in the next two-three months.. the patch is supposedly.. (what I heard at least) coming out next week.. PLEASE!!! heh.

That will bring new stuff and the hope is the next patch 1.3 wont take nearly as long.. alot of people are going to stay if they get the updates in, in a timely manner.

Any truth to this "It may be coming out next week" rumor or is it more than likely going to be mid April?

I'm sorry, but I have lost all faith in Bioware's ability to salvage this game. Does that mean that I think the game will close it's doors? No.

What I mean is that Bioware has produced a substandard product and it cannot be fixed into the kind of game that players expect from an MMO released days short of 2012.

People will continue to play this game despite its glaring faults because it's got force lightning and lightsabers.

I'm sorry, but I have lost all faith in Bioware's ability to salvage this game. Does that mean that I think the game will close it's doors? No.

What I mean is that Bioware has produced a substandard product and it cannot be fixed into the kind of game that players expect from an MMO released days short of 2012.

People will continue to play this game despite its glaring faults because it's got force lightning and lightsabers.

What's your definition of "standard"? o_O

Still havent seen a fix for smugglers where you try to mod a weapon or gear in a item customize machine and any blaster pistol you put in it is a blank picture with no slots, plus the name area is all scrambled, has been like this since the game was released, several tickets and still cant mod my pistols

Make it something to even kill off WoW. You have the resources and technology, show us you can use them well.

You're never going to kill off WoW. It's has been and still remains the benchmark for MMO's and developers.

Particularly in a game that is still has missing features, mounting bugs, and an overwhelming agreement by players of a shrinking population.

Note: I was actually reported for saying this before (in this thread). Not sure why, as it's completely cringe-worthy.

You're never going to kill off WoW. It's has been and still remains the benchmark for MMO's and developers.

Particularly in a game that is still has missing features, mounting bugs, and an overwhelming agreement by players of a shrinking population.

Note: I was actually reported for saying this before (in this thread). Not sure why, as it's completely cringe-worthy.

I'm aware it can't be killed, because as in the south park episode; it has no life. What gets me with bioware is that EA, they contently copy everything, look at the last 4 madden games. Yet they couldn't arrange with their resources and development time to get even these basic things that people learned from nearly 5 years ago?

In responce to the other people about previous MMO's, unfortunately the team who made Warhammer made TOR. This is why im concerned, you may want to go check is life span, it went free to play and then dead

Common sense on swtor forums seems so out of place :p

Good post that will be lost in a mass of nonsense most likely.

Edited by kaboro

What's your definition of "standard"? o_O

I cannot speak for him, but i would assume its the standard set by the many mmos that came before swtor.

Its all about comparing.

If all you ever played is wow and maybe the occasional f2p, you will embrace swtor as the second coming.

If you played other mmos though...its less likely you will become a swtor fan.

They definitely need to shift their focus to the social aspects. This is supposed to be an MMO after all. It's severely lacking in many areas at the moment. Grouping also needs a lot of improvements. Start by giving us a proper LFG tool and better incentives to encourage more interaction and collaboration between players. Constantly nerfing things and prioritizing PvP is eventually going to ruin every other aspect of your game. This wouldn't be the first MMO to seal their fate that way.

I cannot speak for him, but i would assume its the standard set by the many mmos that came before swtor.

Its all about comparing.

If all you ever played is wow and maybe the occasional f2p, you will embrace swtor as the second coming.

If you played other mmos though...its less likely you will become a swtor fan.

Well, I'm asking him, not someone to guess what he meant, but thanks anyway.

Why is it always tongue-in-cheek kudos leading to a "but" - then followed by an ultimatum stating if the game doesn't solve the planet's climate change woes in three months that it's doomed to fail and Bioware will lose their support? Edited by GalacticKegger