Jedi Knight vs. Consular: Who has most interesting companions?

Sarielle

OK, back with another question. Does a particular race get any "extra" dialogue as a JK that you guys know if (since that seems to have won my very unscientific polling) :)

I just learned that Chiss get fun race-based dialogues as an IA, but I'm not rerolling just for that, heh.

OK, back with another question. Does a particular race get any "extra" dialogue as a JK that you guys know if (since that seems to have won my very unscientific polling) :)

I just learned that Chiss get fun race-based dialogues as an IA, but I'm not rerolling just for that, heh.

Not really. Race comes up alot more on imperial side from what I've seen. Especially in the agent and Inquisitor storylines. Largely due to the Empire's racial views.

Republic side is often blind to race. Minor and infrequent references at best.

nadia is probs my fav companion for counsular. other than tht its a little down hill... irreso is ok, theran SUCKS cause hes a "pacifist" apparently, qyzen stinks if ur if ur light side... generally... tht sniper guy (forgot his name) is ok I guess, but forgettable :b... dont remeber any others, if there are any, then they probably stink and thts probs y I forgot bout them, lol... so, ya :)

The question is "who has the most interesting companions?" On that score, I don't think it's even close. Of course, Consulars have the more interesting companions. I think many of the comments here are more focused on how much they like the companions, which is a different question.

Qyzen Fess, love him or hate him is a very interesting companion for a Jedi Consular.

I mean how many companions give you a Wookie pelt for your mate! :D

I'll admit my Knight hasn't finished yet, but T7 just isn't doing it for me.

Tharan and Doc. Doc is the less annoying one, but Tharan is more interesting (and a crapload more powerful). Tharan is a ladies man in love with a hologram. He's a scientist, hedonist.

Zenith is a sociopath. Who turned politician. It was an interesting story for sure.

Iresso's secret was interesting, but I'll agree the boy scout isn't the most interesting.

And Nadia, the force prodigy-diplomat is an awesome padawan. I just wish you got her earlier.

Edited by Master-Nala

You make a couple of good points, Nala :)

One, that being interesting doesn't necessarily mean being likable. On my IA, I have sort of a love-hate relationship with the first companion you get. Every time I (the person, not the character) start feeling fed up with her she says something so perfect that I like her again -- for a little while, at least. Regardless, she's definitely interesting to me.

The other thing is that the pacing at which you seem to acquire characters means if you don't like the first one you get and/or find them boring, you may be potentially very bored with that aspect for quite awhile. If you enjoy the first companion, you come away with a much better impression.

I'm still up in the air. I rolled a JK for a couple of levels but since I chose to go a more rebellious route (my IA is very by-the-book), the voice makes me feel like I'm playing a bratty teenager. =/ I like the JC voice much better. Augh, lol! Decisions, decisions.

JC companions all day, and look at my sig unlike most I have actually played both to 50. T7 rocks and Kira is good but lets face it Doc is the poor man's Tharan and BTW holo-hottie CC is best Companion ability in the game.

I'm sorta disappointed that you got two characters to 50 without ever noticing that every healer companion has that CC. The graphics are just different.

I'm sorta disappointed that you got two characters to 50 without ever noticing that every healer companion has that CC. The graphics are just different.

Which means you did not play JC or paid any attention to your companions skills. All other healers can cc once every 30 sec, while Holiday - once every 8 sec. See the difference now?

The consular is the milquetoast jedi all around, in pretty much every way.

Bonus points for using milquetoast correctly in a sentence. <3

And yeah, I played with them a little -- and I mean very little -- but I'm not all that impressed so far. MEH. I guess I can live with the JK voice, even if it means I have to tone down her "in your face"ness a little. >:{

EDIT: Right now I'm demotivated to play my main because I'm clearly going to have to gear up/level up better to do a certain class quest.

Lord Jadus is kicking my bum on my operative, even trying to kite/LoS him etc. Just ain't gonna happen right now. Even worse? I was gonna let him start the attack and later sabotage it, but I misclicked and didn't escape in time, LOL.

Edited by Sarielle

Knight for sure has the better companions of the two choices. Qyzen's hissing growling choking sounds made me play through with the game on mute until I got Tharan. He is one of the more interesting healer companions I've encountered so far, but then it's right back down hill with two dull military guys and the then Nadia, who isn't a letdown in the story department but the face makeup options makes up for that. Starting companions are what make and break a class to me, though I don't play Empire, I would say that Vette seems to be the best starter and all around when it comes to keeping your questing colorful and cheery.

The question is "who has the most interesting companions?" On that score, I don't think it's even close. Of course, Consulars have the more interesting companions. I think many of the comments here are more focused on how much they like the companions, which is a different question.

On the contrary, I liked a lot of the Consular companions, but they felt less engaging simply because of the way the story played out. Kira Carson is an active participant in the story pretty much from the get-go -- whereas Qyzen, awesome as he is (and seriously, I have a man-crush on that lizard), might as well be furniture in any of the pivotal story scenes.

Likewise, I'm a big fan of Nadia, but (speaking from a male PoV) she arrives so late that not only is the romance rushed, but it's downright ghoulish. (see spoiler)

Her father's body is still warm and you're putting the moves on your young and impressionable Padawan.

Theran and Holiday are fun and Iresso and Zenith are likeable, but again, they felt like props that I occasionally bribed with gifts to get interesting-but-not-terribly-affecting exposition from them. In fairness, I quested with Qyzen almost exclusively, so I might have missed some of the charm of the later companions. Still, the companions for Consulars do seem rather tacked on. I think the overall impression of the JC's companions would be better if you got them sooner.

On the other hand, and in contrast with most other posters, I very much enjoyed the JC's story in general.

I think we should have gotten the Voss mystic and Hallow Voice as our companions. I talk to them far more than I do the others except Nadia. I got her up to max and still haven't gotten Qyzen to half yet.

Why do they give us companions who don't like the Jedi stuff? Why would they even hang out with Jedi if they don't like it?

I did like the consular story. It was what I expected a Jedi story to be. Save people, diplomacy and then kick butt. I should be given the title of General, since I have my own army and send them into battle.

I'm only around lvl 33 on my Sentinal and am closing in to the end of chapter 1, but i feel i can give the answer already. That is the Knight Story and companions so far are so much better than the consulars. Its actually quite unlucky the Consular has been given the worst story and the blandest companions.

Qyzen Fess- Kind of ok he really only cares for his score. In fact the only reason he seems to be around is so he can gain back his points for the Scorekeeper (Transdosian God). It will be a long and arduous task getting any kind of affection with him playing lightside.

Tharan Cedrax- I actually quite like him and his extremly usefull sidekick Holiday. One of only two consular companions with a real personality. People tend to either love him or really hate him.

Zenith- The other companion with a real personality. You may hate him at first on Balmorra but he is fighting a cause he believes in. Kind of a bad-good guy.

LT Iresso- Possibly the worst companion of any in the whole game. He is completely devoid of any personality whatsoever. You could literally swap him for any NPC in the game and you probably wouldn't notice. Its like BW ran out of ideas and so dumped some boring, generic Republic officer on us.

Nadia Grell- She is hard to hate really because she is so nice. But she's like some pining schoolgirl that has a massive crush on one of her teachers or something. If you go down the romance option aswell you will see it was a total rush job. She can go from newly aquired Padawan to wife in the space of an hour.

I know its only my opinion here but i've read most of this thread and i have to go with what the general consesus is, and that is the Knight has by far the most interesting companions.

Just finished the Inquisitor storyline as a full lightside. Have to say that it was an absolutely fantastic ending, and I enjoyed being as brutal as a Sith as I needed to be to survive, yet as merciful and understanding as a Jedi. Truly the best of both worlds.