Congratulations, I didn't think it was possible...

ReRuined

...for a game to have a worse launch than Tabula Rasa, but Bioware managed to achieve it.

Let's stagger access so friends will have to choose between playing a game they have been waiting years for or playing without them. Wonderful idea. /facepalm

Edited by ReRuined

Pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.

A staggered launch is THE way to go. It prevents server overload and congested starting areas.

I would rather have a staggered start time like this, because then I can log in and get something done. I won't be fighting with 200 other people for the same quest item, and I won't have to worry about the mass influx of people messing up the server making it so I get nothing done.

...for a game to have a worse launch than Tabula Rasa, but Bioware managed to achieve it.

Let's stagger access so friends will have to choose between playing a game they have been waiting years for or playing without them. Wonderful idea. /facepalm

Actually, I've been playing all morning and the servers are completely stable and lag free. the launch is great so far.

As for some people not being in game yet, what part of first come first served didn't you understand in the pre-order information? It has ALWAYS been the plan to let people in in waves during early access.

Not to mention .. lets send out invites based on when people signed up .. even though a lot of them are probably at work! This way the forums will be full of reports of starter planets with 50 people on them, so all of the rest of the people waiting to get in can realize that not many people are actually playing.

Lol wait, you think this is a failure? How?

They gave us 2 extra days for one. There are still 6 days left, just because your a baby and didn't get your invite today doesn't mean this is a failure at all. Servers aren't crashing, I have guildies playing atm and they say server stability is excellent.

TL;DR You are all babies.

A staggered launch is THE way to go. It prevents server overload and congested starting areas.

I would rather have a staggered start time like this, because then I can log in and get something done. I won't be fighting with 200 other people for the same quest item, and I won't have to worry about the mass influx of people messing up the server making it so I get nothing done.

You do realize the game is instanced, right? Because I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.

Rift opened the games all at once, without instancing, and was a pretty smooth launch. Terrible game, but smooth launch.

i got this message on my account page:

You are ready to play!

Congratulations! You have completed all the steps necessary to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Click the "Download Game Client" button to begin the download.

So why cant i start to play the game?

EA???

And unbalanced market success, as well as destroying any competition to the "cap" out point. Both big factors to server communities.

But I mean in all other games that launched at 750K people the first day during early access were totally unplayable... wait.....