1.2 Changes to gear. People who min/maxed their potential with mods get shafted.

AMKSED

Bioware hasn't been clear on what is going to happen to the people who changed and moved around the mods/enhancements to their PvP gear. But either way it seems like that the people who changed their mods are now going to be behind and stuff with lesser BM gear in 1.2.

Could Bioware implement an in-game feature where you can swap a BM piece of armor for a fresh/brand new piece of BM armor so the people aren't shafted once 1.2 hits?

Only problems I can see with above request are peopel taking the mods out and selling them for credits to a vendor. So the easy solution is to make PvP gear worth 0 credits.

Or another solution is to being able to buy the BM mods that go into the armor for a small credit fee and the mods only allowed to be put into BM gear pieces.

Edited by AMKSED

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware hasn't been clear on what is going to happen to the people who changed and moved around the mods/enhancements to their PvP gear. But either way it seems like that the people who changed their mods are now going to be behind and stuff with lesser BM gear in 1.2.

Could Bioware implement an in-game feature where you can swap a BM piece of armor for a fresh/brand new piece of BM armor so the people aren't shafted once 1.2 hits?

Only problems I can see with above request are peopel taking the mods out and selling them for credits to a vendor. So the easy solution is to make PvP gear worth 0 credits.

Or another solution is to being able to buy the BM mods that go into the armor for a small credit fee and the mods only allowed to be put into BM gear pieces.

you in fact didnt just say that

you in fact didnt just say that

Read the 2nd sentence. Bioware hasn't been 100% clear as to what is EXACTLY going to happen with the gear changes.

As in, are they not going to get upgraded at all. Or if only certain mods get upgraded if in the appropriate type of gear.

Edited by AMKSED

Read the 2nd sentence. Bioware hasn't been 100% clear as to what is EXACTLY going to happen with the gear changes.

As in, are they not going to get upgraded at all. Or if only certain mods get upgraded if in the appropriate type of gear.

Check the dev tracker, they've said that no changes will be made to any item that isn't in it's original state. In short, you get shafted. Hopefully you were smart enough to save the original mods so that you can replace them just before 1.2 comes out.

Check the dev tracker, they've said that no changes will be made to any item that isn't in it's original state. In short, you get shafted. Hopefully you were smart enough to save the original mods so that you can replace them just before 1.2 comes out.

As I said, They have been perfectly clear on it.

If they don't do this I would just remove all the mods and dupe the hell out of those mods.

Seriously if you think logicaly, they will have to write zillion patterns of comparisons just to identify that your current piece of BM gear is the BM gear.

Just put them back and wait till 1.2, then customize your gear once more.

where exactly have they said that if you dont have the original BM mods inside you wont be able to trade it in for ur WH gear?

i did read that u have to have original mods in order for the new stats upgate. but never seen any real confirmation about this original BM piece req for WH gear req.

Just get a second set of BM gear? It's not like tokens are hard to get now.

this...its not like my 4 sets of gear i farmed (full rakata offense and defense with crit procced belt/bracer/relic and full battlemaster offense and defense while the offense one has only hard mode operation mods and enhancements in it, the defense one is in its original state) are worth anything when 1.2 comes. dont even bother with a new set of bm gear, just go straight for the war hero gear i guess.

The new mods are still **** either way. Loaded with accuracy.

This is the worst part - and with the Champion set going away, its not like you can swamp in a level 56 Champion Enhancement that actually has decent stats. Its pretty much just lose/lose.

what people havent realized (and i cant figure out why) is that the PvP gear is itemized the way it is on purpose - they WANT you to do less damage in PvP gear so fights last longer.

All you have to do is look at the damage differential in the CURRENT PvP gear to see that.

I lose 600 damage on an Ambush switching from Columi level PvE gear to Battlemaster PvP gear (that ive re-modded to be better, even). Couple that with higher mitigation in the PvP armor, as well...

its intentional. They want you to do less, so fights last longer than 2-4 globals.

Let me get this straight.

I did my time in the WZs, I got my full battlemaster gear. I swapped out mods to get the stats I want.

I spent quite a bit of money actually perfecting my gear, swapping out mods etc without destroying them.

I saved every mod and enhancement I ever got from gear. But here's the thing. I raid as well.

I have an entire page in my bank (what is that, like 100 spaces?) full of mods and enhancements. An entire page of different mods.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I KNOW WHICH ONES WERE ORIGINALLY FROM THE BATTLEMASTER GEAR I PURCHASED!

So Bioware, in their infinite wisdom and grand coding skills basically just thumbs their nose at me and laughs at me being completely screwed because I can't get the gear back to the way it originally was before 1.2?

Now I have to farm an entirely new set of battlemaster, THEN farm the war hero on top of it?

Are you kidding me?

Let me get this straight.

I did my time in the WZs, I got my full battlemaster gear. I swapped out mods to get the stats I want.

I spent quite a bit of money actually perfecting my gear, swapping out mods etc without destroying them.

I saved every mod and enhancement I ever got from gear. But here's the thing. I raid as well.

I have an entire page in my bank (what is that, like 100 spaces?) full of mods and enhancements. An entire page of different mods.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I KNOW WHICH ONES WERE ORIGINALLY FROM THE BATTLEMASTER GEAR I PURCHASED!

So Bioware, in their infinite wisdom and grand coding skills basically just thumbs their nose at me and laughs at me being completely screwed because I can't get the gear back to the way it originally was before 1.2?

Now I have to farm an entirely new set of battlemaster, THEN farm the war hero on top of it?

Are you kidding me?

no you Don't if you already have BM gear just swap it out for the war hero stuff The turn in is for the item not the mods in the item.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.