What I will do in same faction voidstars ... if they go live

GoldSquadGirl

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Then create enough PvP events in Open World to fill your "hate them, kill them" fiesta, then que up for some PvP and profit? Sounds to me, a better way to be proactive with this is to just chat with fellow Republic Guild Leaders and have a chat about it. Quitting a WZ rarely has an acceptable excuse, and honestly, factional RP pride just isn't going to cut it. Sadly, you will find this out when other Rep guilds don't quit the WZ's...and you will have an even bigger issue because others prefer to PvP > Faction RP /quit.

/shrug

GL with that.

Sadly? They can do whatever they wanna do vs 0 players in a warzone lol.

And so can I.

/shrug

I'll exit a warzone where I am told to farm Reps and be back in Ilum or Corellia or wherever where I get to kill Imperials instead.

That's all the "profit" that I play for.

Of all the problems this game has, this is the best thing you can come up with to quit over?

If you're going to quit over this, then knock yourselves out. That'd rate in the top 10 most ridiculous reasons to quit I've ever heard.

You read the forums too much lol.

I didn't say anything about quitting SWTOR or unsubbing.

I know most OPs end with this idle threat and I apologize for not following the expected format :p

But me and my group will be leaving same faction Voidstars.

Edited by GoldSquadGirl

About time i will be able to farm all those flamers from my faction that dont play objectives, dont do any significant damage, dont heal but still think they are good... Edited by Lhaim

Now you're getting it. No need to make a thread about it.

You're trolling the thread lol. Who's wasting time?

I want Bioware to know before they put this live that a number of these will end early because they will.

Because me and others will leave rather than beat down a team made of our own faction.

You don't get to choose which warzone you queue for, and there is no opt out of this same faction voidstar.

This is a chance for devs to add that option, before this goes live.

Because even a minority of players who refuse to take part in this will cause the majority of same faction voidstars to fail.

Then everyone will be on the forums asking why there wasn't an opt out or whatever for players like me.

Edited by GoldSquadGirl

For me I actually have a lot of fun when I go into Hutball and end up playing against other Guild Members, talk about the trash talk in Vent lol... it's a lot of fun....

On the same token I can understand the OP's feelings not wanting to fight against the same faction, especially if your into RP'ing...

I guess one answer would be to have a check box that allowed you to QUE for all or only QUE for Republic vs Empire matches..

Edited by Monoth

About time i will be able to farm all those flamers from my faction that dont play objectives, dont do any significant damage, dont heal but still think they are good...

LOL yes. Because we all know 3 bads zerging 1 away from the ball is the surest sign of PvP awesomeness :)

look at it this way, it's an opportunity to grief the annoying jerks from your own faction.

About time i will be able to farm all those flamers from my faction that dont play objectives, dont do any significant damage, dont heal but still think they are good...

lol ... pretty funny.

And I'd be with ya, but when my faction was WAY down balancewise the Reps pulled together to fight harder and longer and turned things around.

So I don't have too many jerks on my side to farm now.

I guess one answer would be to have a check box that allowed you to QUE for all or only QUE for Republic vs Empire matches..

That would totally solve the problem for me, even if I had extra "wait time".

You're trolling the thread lol. Who's wasting time?

I want Bioware to know before they put this live that a number of these will end early because they will.

Because me and others will leave rather than beat down a team made of our own faction.

You don't get to choose which warzone you queue for, and there is no opt out of this same faction voidstar.

This is a chance for devs to add that option, before this goes live.

Because even a minority of players who refuse to take part in this will cause the majority of same faction voidstars to fail.

Then everyone will be on the forums asking why there wasn't an opt out or whatever for players like me.

Wow...I'm glad I don't play on the same server as you, and I feel extremely bad for those who do.

The whole "cry loud enough they will listen to me" crowd is beyond annoying.

I'll quit it, my guild will quit it, and I will be encouraging others on my server and in my faction to quit it.

I know many players are driven by an unending need for more loot, and their own faction doesn't matter to them, fine.

But PoT5 Reps just fought back from being outnumbered over 5 to 1 on my server until we now have a very balanced server.

We did this by appealing to factional Pride, and getting Republic Players to stay in Ilum long after their dailies were done. And by getting Republic guilds to agree to not "kill farm", that's why it doesn't happen on PoT5.

We refused to bend over for imps to get our valor, and we're not going to steamroll fellow reps to get it either.

Now Huttball isn't really PVP to us, it's like soccer or whatever. Same faction competition there is OK.

Voidstar is PVP.

And with rated warzones going live, you will hurt your own faction if you compete against them in voidstar, and you win that warzone by killing the other side faster (unlike Huttball where CC's, passing, and sprints rule the game)

Don't make Voidstar same-faction, because no matter how you do, you're breaking it for us.

(Good changes in 1.2 overall btw.)

It's a game. If you can't be competitive without getting feelings hurt, you're doing it wrong.

Losing isn't the end of the world and it's not really even a bad thing. Respect your opponents. Trying to win isn't doing some great disservice to the other team, it's playing a game with them.

But PoT5 Reps just fought back from being outnumbered over 5 to 1 on my server until we now have a very balanced server.

If your server is 5:1 biased for Imperial population, you almost never see same faction republic warzones, what are you crying about???

It's a game. If you can't be competitive without getting feelings hurt, you're doing it wrong.

Wrong.

If you haven't ever hurt someone's feelings, you haven't been competitive in online PVP.

Losing isn't the end of the world and it's not really even a bad thing. Respect your opponents. Trying to win isn't doing some great disservice to the other team, it's playing a game with them.

There are few who respect their opponents as long as I have, I've been fighting against the same Imperials for 8 years now. (we all rolled the same server on purpose)

But telling me to be respectful won't change that new PVPers on my side do get hurt feelings. When I was a new PVPer 8 years ago I remember the shock and awe of it.

There are a LOT of new PVPers here. Certainly most players here haven't been in a real faction vs faction bloodbath before.

If your server is 5:1 biased for Imperial population, you almost never see same faction republic warzones, what are you crying about???

I'm not crying, I am saying if I get same faction voidstars I am leaving the warzone. And I am not alone, a lot of them will end after a few seconds. I am saying this now so the devs know what will happen while they can still add an option to opt out of this particular WZ.

I can't teach people to read what I said, there's no skin off my bunz if nothing changes.

Our faction is close knit and we have pulled together through a lot, I won't be a part of tearing that down, no matter what the intellectuals here tell me I need to do.

Coulda used all your brilliant advice when we were fighting 300 imps with like 5 of us in January lol. :p

Gotta lose the pride, its merely a game. Just have fun killing everyone and anyone.

Everyone telling me what I "gotta" do lol.

It's funny, how noone ever tells a college football player "you know its just a game right? its not real, you need to stop having pride in your team right now!"

Online PVP is my "sport", for me it's much more fun with pride in my team, sorry. :o

I'm not crying, I am saying if I get same faction voidstars I am leaving the warzone. And I am not alone, a lot of them will end after a few seconds. I am saying this now so the devs know what will happen while they can still add an option to opt out of this particular WZ.

I can't teach people to read what I said, there's no skin off my bunz if nothing changes.

Our faction is close knit and we have pulled together through a lot, I won't be a part of tearing that down, no matter what the intellectuals here tell me I need to do.

Coulda used all your brilliant advice when we were fighting 300 imps with like 5 of us in January lol. :p

So again,what exactly are you complaining about? because you will almost never see same faction warzones of any kind if you are that outnumbered. You dont like the idea of it, fair enough. But tell me please, how many times do you do same faction warzones as republic being outnumbered 5 to 1 on the server? Almost never is the answer.

Wow...I'm glad I don't play on the same server as you, and I feel extremely bad for those who do.

The whole "cry loud enough they will listen to me" crowd is beyond annoying.

About as annoying as people with absolutely zero reading comprehension.

But thank you for your constructive input. :)

it's a game. If you can't be competitive without getting feelings hurt, you're doing it wrong.

qft ^^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.