What I will do in same faction voidstars ... if they go live

GoldSquadGirl

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll quit it, my guild will quit it, and I will be encouraging others on my server and in my faction to quit it.

I know many players are driven by an unending need for more loot, and their own faction doesn't matter to them, fine.

But PoT5 Reps just fought back from being outnumbered over 5 to 1 on my server until we now have a very balanced server.

We did this by appealing to factional Pride, and getting Republic Players to stay in Ilum long after their dailies were done. And by getting Republic guilds to agree to not "kill farm", that's why it doesn't happen on PoT5.

We refused to bend over for imps to get our valor, and we're not going to steamroll fellow reps to get it either.

Now Huttball isn't really PVP to us, it's like soccer or whatever. Same faction competition there is OK.

Voidstar is PVP.

And with rated warzones going live, you will hurt your own faction if you compete against them in voidstar, and you win that warzone by killing the other side faster (unlike Huttball where CC's, passing, and sprints rule the game)

Don't make Voidstar same-faction, because no matter how you do, you're breaking it for us.

(Good changes in 1.2 overall btw.)

Voidstar is whatever you want it to be, for example a training operation against other republics prior to hitting the real thing Vs imps. Not exactly a hard change to put in (along with removing the moronic 40 second speeder ride which screws up the defenders) which means BW is unlikely to do it...

Oh and by "us" you mean "you"

So again,what exactly are you complaining about? because you will almost never see same faction warzones of any kind if you are that outnumbered. You dont like the idea of it, fair enough. But tell me please, how many times do you do same faction warzones as republic being outnumbered 5 to 1 on the server? Almost never is the answer.

What exactly are you complaining about? lol.

I do see same faction warzones because the Reps on my server are extremely proactive in holding up our side, that includes Ilum, that includes warzones, etc. A lot of imps on my server are PVEers who play Imp because it is much easier to find ops for hardmodes and such on the bigger side.

You see, that "being proactive to help your side" part fails when you load into a Voidstar and there's Reps on the other side you have to slaughter.

I'm not "complaining", I'll leave Voidstars if they are all Republic and queue again, no biggie.

But a guildie of mine felt I should say so first before it goes live so the devs have a chance to address it before we go around crashing Voidstars.

Hence the thread.

About time i will be able to farm all those flamers from my faction that dont play objectives, dont do any significant damage, dont heal but still think they are good...

This is the first real counter to the OP's original argument.

I think I agree with the OP, philosophically, and I am definitely against more same-faction WZs, because taking away incentive for the factions to balance numbers-wise is foolish.

But this guy makes a good point--it *is* fun to take out the punks in your own faction once in a while. Oh well, we get plenty of Rep on Rep Huttball on my server to accomplish that.

I'll quit it, my guild will quit it, and I will be encouraging others on my server and in my faction to quit it.

I know many players are driven by an unending need for more loot, and their own faction doesn't matter to them, fine.

But PoT5 Reps just fought back from being outnumbered over 5 to 1 on my server until we now have a very balanced server.

We did this by appealing to factional Pride, and getting Republic Players to stay in Ilum long after their dailies were done. And by getting Republic guilds to agree to not "kill farm", that's why it doesn't happen on PoT5.

We refused to bend over for imps to get our valor, and we're not going to steamroll fellow reps to get it either.

Now Huttball isn't really PVP to us, it's like soccer or whatever. Same faction competition there is OK.

Voidstar is PVP.

And with rated warzones going live, you will hurt your own faction if you compete against them in voidstar, and you win that warzone by killing the other side faster (unlike Huttball where CC's, passing, and sprints rule the game)

Don't make Voidstar same-faction, because no matter how you do, you're breaking it for us.

(Good changes in 1.2 overall btw.)

Then quit, something other than huttball all the time would be nice, more options and then some...

Senseless post is senseless...

But a guildie of mine felt I should say so first before it goes live so the devs have a chance to address it before we go around crashing Voidstars.

Hence the thread.

You won't go around crashing Voidstars. You'll quit. As will your guild. Remember?

I think most people just want to PvP and don't really care who they fight as long as its fun....

OP's argument might not be such a issue if World PvP was better..... one day maybe

Edited by Monoth

so much drama over a non issue. why am i not surprised OP has pink colored text?

What drama anywayz? This is a testlive forum and I am posting about an issue that involves a patch before it goes live.

Hope the devs see it and give me an option to avoid same faction voidstars.

If not, I'll just leave them and get over it.

Hope you can handle that "drama" :)

You won't go around crashing Voidstars. You'll quit. As will your guild. Remember?

People always say they will quit and they don't :D

Real quitters don't need to rage on forums. They just move on.

lol, I did not say I was quitting the game!

I never once said that.

Learn.

To.

Read.

You guys read too many "I quit" posts or something. I said we'd quit the WARZONE. 8 players leaving a warzone will indeed crash it. Don't believe me? Try it.

And I am not raging, responders are the ones flipping your lids about the color of my text or "dramaz" or whatever.

I play Imp on Pot5 and I can say that I have definitely noticed an uptick in the amount of Repubs. The server population was (and might still be) massively skewed but the PvP is not.

I play nothing but PvP and I can say that there has a been a huge turn around in Imp vs Repub on Pot5 and if this guys is helping or responsible for it, then more power to him/her. Keep up the good work and I'll be DOTing you up soon!

She's not saying it from an rp perspective.

In fact she is. She wants to build 'faction pride' which is really worthless in PvP unless you care about the RP aspect. If all you care about is the gameplay, who you fight doesn't matter.

i can totally see OP's point of view. By killing your own faction, you are setting up a potential for resentment. If a player makes a bad choice and causes a team to lose, that player will be shunned (and we all know this happens, read general chat sometime) and this just hurts morale overall. makes people care less and less. Which in turn can cause guilds to hate other guilds and all that blah blah blah. In short, it could cause drama, un-needed drama.

This is my opinion anyways.

You guys read too many "I quit" posts or something. I said we'd quit the WARZONE. 8 players leaving a warzone will indeed crash it. Don't believe me? Try it.

It's rather too many "do this or I quit". Response is same - do it, we don't care. You don't have to tell us about it all day. Hence - drama.

Only people that could care about it is your faction on your server. People you 'care' so much about. You'll be wasting their and your own time. Warzone won't go away. Even if imbalance causes it to close after 2 min, when you queue agin after deserter penalty wears off, if no new imperials joif for cross-faction warzone, you still have 50% chance for new Voidstar. And again. And again. And in case not everyone thinks same way as you(own opinion, preposterous), warzone will still be going, possibly with more players on one side. So you just made warzone not fun to your faction.

And no, they won't take away same faction warzones. New WZ is also same-faction. They would rather break this warzone for you than keep people on imbalanced servers playing hutball for eternity.

It's rather too many "do this or I quit". Response is same - do it, we don't care. You don't have to tell us about it all day. Hence - drama.

Making a post about a potential issue to get a dev's attention is not drama, it's useful information.

I am not threatening to quit the game or crying about it. I'm hoping for a proactive solution and nothing more.

It wouldn't be "all day" if people like you didn't get all worked up about it. :p

Wrong.

If you haven't ever hurt someone's feelings, you haven't been competitive in online PVP.

There are few who respect their opponents as long as I have, I've been fighting against the same Imperials for 8 years now. (we all rolled the same server on purpose)

But telling me to be respectful won't change that new PVPers on my side do get hurt feelings. When I was a new PVPer 8 years ago I remember the shock and awe of it.

There are a LOT of new PVPers here. Certainly most players here haven't been in a real faction vs faction bloodbath before.

When I play soccer against friends, I try to win and we all have fun. There is no difference in PvP. If you are personally offended that someone you're competing with actually tries to win, you need to learn how to interact with people.

If they get their feelings hurt that easily, they really have no place on the internet. They'll see far worse things in general chat.

Making a post about a potential issue to get a dev's attention is not drama, it's useful information.

I am not threatening to quit the game or crying about it. I'm hoping for a proactive solution and nothing more.

It wouldn't be "all day" if people like you didn't get all worked up about it. :p

No its drama and with that your going to screw over the other ppl on the team when you quit, kudos really...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.