Are the 2.5mil white crystals going to remain the best (stat-wise) crystals in 1.2?

RabidPopcorn

It looks like that, for the near future, that +41 crystals are the top ones, barring potentially very rare crystals. There's no proof of crystals above that range.

The rarity will be mainly for the white colour as 1.2 will NOT have any white colours available through other means. Whilst the means for getting white crystals is coming at a later point it's already been noted that it will, most likely, not a trivial case.

So get a white because of the colour, it should stay competitive in the short-medium term. Long term I expect higher value crystals, but the ability to gain new white would come too.

Crafting colour crystals could change to a 'colour component' + 'value component' so you can have white + 41 or white + 57 with the colour components being extremely rare for white. *shrug* should suggest that!

Hey,

This is a valid question and I want to give you some answers so you have some certainty when planning your purchases.

It is our stated goal to decouple the choice of crystal color from the choice of stats in the game. To that end, with Game Update 1.2, you will find that there are endgame variations (+41) for all available crystal colors in the game (Reminder: white is no longer available in 1.2, it's available for a limited time at vendors only).

We have no intention of introducing a new tier of color crystals in the short or mid term future (e.g. 1.3, 1.4). I can't make any statements beyond that at this point, but this should give you planning certainty.

The same is true for augments - the current augments (Rating 22, Level 49) will be the top level augments for the forseeable future. It is a certainty that we will introduce a new tier of augments at some point in the future, but not for several months.

Hope this helps

Georg

please pay attention to the dev tracker

Edited by smilefunk

It looks like that, for the near future, that +41 crystals are the top ones, barring potentially very rare crystals. There's no proof of crystals above that range.

The rarity will be mainly for the white colour as 1.2 will NOT have any white colours available through other means. Whilst the means for getting white crystals is coming at a later point it's already been noted that it will, most likely, not a trivial case.

So get a white because of the colour, it should stay competitive in the short-medium term. Long term I expect higher value crystals, but the ability to gain new white would come too.

Crafting colour crystals could change to a 'colour component' + 'value component' so you can have white + 41 or white + 57 with the colour components being extremely rare for white. *shrug* should suggest that!

please pay attention to the dev tracker

Thanks guys.

So it seems that +41 will be the highest stat that crystals will get even in 1.2 (I'm a little surprised that the new operation doesn't offer a higher tier); but at least we'll get other +41 crystals in other colours, which I think means we'll get cheaper +41 crystals in 1.2.

As a trooper, the colour of my crystal isn't really that big a deal so there's not that great a motivation to get the white I guess?

Indeed... because I'll only have enough creds for either a speeder that's about to go extinct or for a white crystal (which is only going to be temporarily unavailable).

The cyan crystal looks allmost white and cost a ton less. I cannot see spending several hundred thousands of credits on a crystal just because of the color myself.

Indeed... because I'll only have enough creds for either a speeder that's about to go extinct or for a white crystal (which is only going to be temporarily unavailable).

Buy the mount, it's a no brainer, the crystal will be available one day and with probably higher stats, the mount however will be gone forever.