Any Reason To Skip Champion Gear?

Dawginole

When I hit 50 I outfitted my Sent in crafted gear that is far superior to Centurion and is slightly below Champion. Champion is certainly better, but probably the equivalent of someone having level 47 advanced mod gear versus level 50 advanced mod gear. A step up, but not a world beater.

So my question is whether I should dump these points suiting up a companion in Champion and just wait for Battlemaster, or if it would be considered wiser to go ahead and outfit in Champion because Battlemaster will still take awhile for me to get into considering I'm only 47 Valor.

The other question is do some people in the PTS have some details on purchase prices of War Hero? Considering that War Hero will be a totally new currency, and considering I'm only 47 Valor, maybe it would be more suitable to suit up in full Champion and just move straight into ranked when it opens and work toward going from Champion to War Hero rather than wasting time trying to get Battlemaster at all.

Thoughts?

UPDATE from page 2 after I read some info on BM post 1.2 patch: I'm not buying Champ gear if a full BM set is only going to cost me roughly 10,000 WZ comms after 1.2. I can put Kira in full Champ, and Doc is already in full Centurion and have two good geared companion options for PvE stuff.

I can make 10,000 WZ comms in a week easily unless they are going to drop the bottom out of the # of comms/match.

Basically I don't see the point of wasting comms on Champ if within a week after 1.2 I can buy BM set for 10,000 WZ comms and we will no longer need Valor 60 to purchase, meaning I can start buying BM as soon as I log in after the patch. Bags are no longer going to be used. Champ is going away so I couldn't outfit a companion in Champ gear in the future. And all the remaining Champ comms post patch are just going to be used for PvP bags and crafting bags from what I'm reading about 1.2 on the PTS.

I think I'm going to outfit Kira in Champ, build up another 1,000 WZ comms so I'm ready to go and then jump on an alt or just do flashpoints till the patch drops.

Edited by Dawginole

Yep, really lucky. Then you have a 3 week dry spell and stop playing that character and roll another. That is what i did anyway...

The best part is you need to buy 3 items for every armor slot to get the stats you really want.

But really i enjoy this character way more, and already getting BM comms for it too now. Hopefully i can buy enough pre-patch armor to get some of the current mods which will no longer exist. Even with the loss of expertise i'd say they are better in some cases.

The fact that you can buy BM comms now isn't filling the gaps for you guys when you get an empty bag?

All of my bags have been empty for 3 weeks, being able to buy one every 3-4 days is not filling th gaps.

Edit: Being that champ gear will be pretty worthless after 1.2 I would probably wait until 1.2 and then you will get a lot of welfare gear, there is really no point in buying champ gear at this point as the gear you can buy with credits will be better.

Edited by Ruuprect

All of my bags have been empty for 3 weeks, being able to buy one every 3-4 days is not filling th gaps.

Edit: Being that champ gear will be pretty worthless after 1.2 I would probably wait until 1.2 and then you will get a lot of welfare gear, there is really no point in buying champ gear at this point as the gear you can buy with credits will be better.

Champ gear has WAY better stats than the recruit gear. Recruit gear has stats WORSE than centurion gear. The extra expertise probably won't make up the difference, except possibly for healers.

I have all champ gear and I just started grinding BM gear two days ago. I hope I have a few weeks to get BM gear so I don't get screwed when 1.2 comes out. I would also recommend not stripping the mods out of BH gear that you get from now until 1.2. The gear with not the default mods will not get upgraded when the patch comes out.

When I hit 50 I outfitted my Sent in crafted gear that is far superior to Centurion and is slightly below Champion. Champion is certainly better, but probably the equivalent of someone having level 47 advanced mod gear versus level 50 advanced mod gear. A step up, but not a world beater.

So my question is whether I should dump these points suiting up a companion in Champion and just wait for Battlemaster, or if it would be considered wiser to go ahead and outfit in Champion because Battlemaster will still take awhile for me to get into considering I'm only 47 Valor.

The other question is do some people in the PTS have some details on purchase prices of War Hero? Considering that War Hero will be a totally new currency, and considering I'm only 47 Valor, maybe it would be more suitable to suit up in full Champion and just move straight into ranked when it opens and work toward going from Champion to War Hero rather than wasting time trying to get Battlemaster at all.

Thoughts?

Seriously I would just play another character until after the patch. I have a lvl 49 BH that I will not play until after the patch for the reason alone. It will be way easier to get gear after the patch. I also have a valor lvl 62 shadow that I am trying to get out of Champion gear as fast as I can so I wont be screwed.

Champ gear has WAY better stats than the recruit gear. Recruit gear has stats WORSE than centurion gear. The extra expertise probably won't make up the difference, except possibly for healers.

Kanrandor is right.

Also know that you must have the equavilent BM piece to buy the WH piece. So no jumping directly to WH.

I'm not buying Champ gear if a full BM set is only going to cost me roughly 10,000 WZ comms after 1.2. I can put Kira in full Champ, and Doc is already in full Centurion and have two good geared companion options for PvE stuff.

I can make 10,000 WZ comms in a week easily unless they are going to drop the bottom out of the # of comms/match.

Actually what I want to know is this...With all the extra Champ comms, I dont want them to go to waste if they have any use. How is the BM gear mods itemized in 1.2? are the mods from champ would still be valuable to swap out and fill badly itemized BM gear? Would some of the champ mods have usage in PvE?

Thoughts?

I would start outfitting in champion. BM is only slightly better and takes a very long time to get. I've been extremely unlucky with bags and have gotten most of my BM pieces via the 1000/1000 trade-in. I'm 73 and still not full BM.

You'll have plenty of time to gear your companions in champion once you hit 60 and are already champ yourself... all those BM bags have 15 champ comms each... and they'll be useless to you. That's when you gear your companion.

I probably have 500 champ comms not doing anything with.

Champion is certainly better, but probably the equivalent of someone having level 47 advanced mod gear versus level 50 advanced mod gear. A step up, but not a world beater.

Where are you getting this comparison? Are you factoring in what expertise does?

I would start outfitting in champion. BM is only slightly better and takes a very long time to get. I've been extremely unlucky with bags and have gotten most of my BM pieces via the 1000/1000 trade-in. I'm 73 and still not full BM.

You'll have plenty of time to gear your companions in champion once you hit 60 and are already champ yourself... all those BM bags have 15 champ comms each... and they'll be useless to you. That's when you gear your companion.

I probably have 500 champ comms not doing anything with.

I think you're right, until I read a long post a few hours ago that a full BM set post 1.2 is only going to run 10,000 WZ comms and can be purchased without 60 Valor now. There's no reason to waste those Champ comms on myself if I can get 10.000 WZ comms in a week after 1.2 goes live.

Thoughts?

Err.. I am not sure what crafted gear you made, but it would take a LOT of stats to make up for the extra player damage % from 550 Expertise. Then, you also have the damage reduction to consider. If you have 0 expertise, you will die a lot. And that means less medals over all, which is less valor, which = longer time to battlemaster.

Champion comms max out at 1000. You will have to spend some LONG before Battlemaster, so spend them.

This whole question becomes moot, after 1.2. Then you will just buy BM pieces for warzone comms, you'll need a total of 12,700 comms, if i recall correctly.

Champion comms max out at 1000. You will have to spend some LONG before Battlemaster, so spend them.

This whole question becomes moot, after 1.2. Then you will just buy BM pieces for warzone comms, you'll need a total of 12,700 comms, if i recall correctly.

Think this through with me though man. I can buy a full set of Champ right now, and within the next two weeks I'll replace it with BM after the changes in 1.2. I'd basically be purchasing a set of Champ gear to play with for the next 7-14 days. That's just a waste.

After 1.2 there is no more Champ gear and there is no more Champ comms. So I can either be super impatient and buy a set of gear likely only good for the next two weeks, or fully deck out my companion, and just do something else for two weeks and just get BM after the patch.

Ironically, this really doesn't matter either. Because if I can get 10,000 WZ comms in a week, which is not a stretch as I usually get about 2,000/day, then I can probably suit up a companion in BM shortly after.

Which brings up a whole other question. I'm wondering about the possibility of duo'ing flashpoint farming efficiently with two people that have BM'd companions. Surely two BM Sents, one with a BM Scourge and one with a BM Doc could do pretty well. Kira hits like a truck with just Champ.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.