All this 1.2 QQin about NERFs...Wat about Ops/Scoundrel?

Izola

Man I still don't see it, even with assassins and the utility you can counter it all. If you open on a sin which is quite easy since stealth really is quite broken in this game you should win every time. What do most sins do when they start to lose? Stun and force speed away right? Save CC breaker and have server tendon on keybind. Yeah it is 10 meters but we are a melted class right you should be that close anyway. They do have a nice 3 second immune they like to pop near death......rifle shot/overload shot to right through it.

It's about knowing your class and knowing your opponents class. If you feel like you need all this extra utility to be on par with an assassin then your playing your class wrong. If you want to really complain about a class then complain about Juggs/Maras because a 7k smash on 700 expertise is ok, not to mention undying rage.

Now you are talking about 1v1 situations while the issue is about (organized) group vs group.

No Operative player can honestly say that his class sucks in 1v1 because it doesn't. However in group vs group the class is borderline useless.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike some players here, I don't whine for nerfs for other classes. I try to see the big picture and that the more nerfs are used, the more they will be used. They feed on themselves.

Look at 1.2 patch notes. Have you ever seen so many changes to so many classes in one patch this soon after release? It definitely goes against all the arguments that SWTOR is the most balanced game right after release doesn't it?

So what do you want? Help me understand a gap closer like a force leap?

Humor me and say we get a force leap then all you will hear are complaints that it's on to long of a cd, or the range isn't right. I do agree with you that we have issues navigating the Huttball WZ but it seems to me like you guys want everything.

Edited by Ganksterz

Man I still don't see it, even with assassins and the utility you can counter it all. If you open on a sin which is quite easy since stealth really is quite broken in this game you should win every time. What do most sins do when they start to lose? Stun and force speed away right? Save CC breaker and have server tendon on keybind. Yeah it is 10 meters but we are a melee class right you should be that close anyway. They do have a nice 3 second immune they like to pop near death......rifle shot/overload shot goes right through it.

It's about knowing your class and knowing your opponents class. If you feel like you need all this extra utility to be on par with an assassin then your playing your class wrong. If you want to really complain about a class then complain about Juggs/Maras because a 7k smash on 700 expertise is ok, not to mention undying rage.

Just want to point out that 7k smashes are not possible on anyone that has gear even with everything popped.

I'm just as guilty early on complainIng about Huttball. Stealth up to an enemy pop adrenal/relic to get punted off the rails to work your way back up to the rail to be punted again. Yes I have cursed numerous times.

Solution stick to the middle and camp your endzone if need be play to your strengths not your weaknesses

You guys are going about this wrong. So your right operatives are at a huge disadvantage in Huttball point taken and noted. What about the other two WZs where as an operative you can literally swing the game in your favor all by yourself. Assassins have stealth and all this awesome utility so what if they can't kill the target before they scream for help.

So ok I'll give ya Huttball is that all you want?

Hi Gank,

I'll have to agree with this statement. Countless times, I have turn the game (TCW) in our favor by solo capping a lone defender and, although rarely, even 2 defenders.

As for Huttball, granted the low utility, but no other classes can burst a ball carrier down as fast as I can in the same short amount of time.

So what do you want? Help me understand a gap closer like a force leap?

Humor me and say we get a force leap then all you will hear are complaints that it's on to long of a cd, or the range isn't right. I do agree with you that we have issues navigating the Huttball WZ but it seems to me like you guys want everything.

Where do you get that idea from? If I remember correctly noone in this thread even has demanded anything specific.

You say that Operative players "want everything". Even if that were true, the irony is that for example Assassins already have everything. Asking for a gap closer for Operatives really isn't much given the fact that if Operatives HAD a gap closer, Assassins would still have better dps, better CC and much better group utility than Ops.

Edit: Just to be clear I play both an Assassin and an Operative.

Edited by Ich_Bin

As for Huttball, granted the low utility, but no other classes can burst a ball carrier down as fast as I can in the same short amount of time.

Snipers, Mercs, DPS Assassins, DPS Powertechs can kill the ball carrier faster than you.

They also can just knock (or pull) the carrier off the ramps if they want to. And when they get knocked off themselves they are not completely eliminated from the game like an Operative would be.

Do you have your operative geared correctly?

Full BM + 1 piece rakata/1 piece columi fully remodded with crit power surge. I do know what I am talking about.

I'd rather you just replied to what I wrote instead of questioning my credibility ;)

If you don't realize how good stealth is in huttball, you fail hard.

It's even better when you have stealth AND utility like knockback, pull, speed, taunt, 30m stun and great defensive CDs :rolleyes:

Edited by Ich_Bin

So you think you're rated WZ team is so awesome none of you are ever going to die during the match? LOLS.

People die in WZs, and buffs need to be reapplied. Try again.

I don't think you understand how the new legacy buffs work.. If you get a smuggler/agent past chapter two in their story, the one buff that you get will also apply the smuggler buff, forever.. So if you level one of each class past their chapter 2 story, then your buff will have all the buffs from the different classes..

BM ear, rakata implant, BM implant (enforcer), orange bracers, matrix cube, BM 380 power relic. Full BM enforcer core pieces with mods/enhancements ripped out and changed. Orange belt.

Stack power, surge

I did. What's your point?

My Operative gets the 5k damage medal quite regularly. However that doesn't change the fact that my Assassin can do EVERYTHING that my Operative can do, only better (without BiS gear).

Edited by Ich_Bin

so you picked a stealth, sneaky, do your own thing, cowardice class becuase you want to group scale pvp?

this is what IVE found in my swtor pvp

assasins/shadows... part of the team. help with objectives

operatives/scoundrels.. sneak around, only unstealth to stunlock people 50% or below, are no where near the action.. only worried about grabbing the warzone buff and critting

play a real class if u want to group pvp

This has got to be the dumbest and most carebearish post I have ever seen in my history of MMOs and I have been playing them since 1997 UO. Jesus Christ are you serious, rofl? A cowardice class because their play style revolves around stealth? You should really stop playing MMOs if you dislike stealth based classes that much or you're going to have a heart attack eventually. Most MMOs will always have a stealth class.

I never questioned your credibility just curious on how you think a DPS sin can out DPS an operative?

I thought maybe your gear was wrong that's all.

Have you played a DPS Assassin?

They do better burst than Operatives, the only difference is that Assassins have to build up their burst while the Operative's burst is front-loaded. But this is actually an advantage for the Assassin (imo) because you get to choose when to apply your burst. Finishing someone off is much more important than having an opener that does lots of damage.

Also the Assassin doesn't have to come from stealth in order to apply its burst (HUGE advantage) and hardly ever runs out of energy.

lol bullsh*t?

i never see dps ops actualy helping in warzones..

when do i see them?

when im half health or getting attacked by someone alrdy they'll poke their head out .. but only if they have every cd

people who play stealth classes are a certain breed... theyre bad so theyll always want an option not to fight, and to pick fights.. cause theyre bad

You're terrible, rofl. I'll end it with that, you clearly have no clue about wth you're talking about. Just come out and admit that you hate stealth classes (A lot of people do.) and stop with the BS already. Stealth/Rogue class players are some of the best players I have had the luxury of healing/playing with in my 15 years of playing MMOs. They are usually smarter, coordinate better than most, and know how to prioritize/take out important targets during group spikes. You're the one that's bad, stop trying to call stealth players bad because you don't like stealth classes, when you're probably beyond terrible..

No I haven't actually, just from what I have seen in WZs.

Well there you go man you have answered your own question that has been churning in your head the entire time. Play your assassin let your OP die out.

There are many of us that will continue to push through and I'm certain will do just fine. I am by no means the greatest on my server but the guys who are like Sark, Genn, Score, and Busy will no doubt have very high rated teams.

Bring that sin over to Iron Citadel and I promise you those guys will make you change your mind. Utility or not :-P

Edited by Ganksterz

No I haven't actually, just from what I have seen in WZs.

Well there you go man you have answered your own question that has been churning in your head the entire time. Play your assassin let your OP die out.

There are many of us that will continue to push through and I'm certain will do just fine. I am by no means the greatest on my server but the guys who are like Sark, Genn, Score, and Busy will no doubt have very high rated teams.

Bring that sin over to Iron Citadel and I promise you those guys will make you change your mind. Utility or not :-P

No offense, but that is a typical "out of arguments" reply. :rolleyes:

I never doubted that great players can make an Operative work. But let them play any other class and they will own that much more.

Not saying that I am the greatest player, but playing an Assassin and comparing it to my Operative has been a real eye opener.

Edited by Ich_Bin

I never questioned your credibility just curious on how you think a DPS sin can out DPS an operative?

I thought maybe your gear was wrong that's all.

They do out dps an OP/Scoundrel easily, while also being able to guard a healer and peel with a pull and taunts. I have a Shadow and a Scoundrel so I know that shadows are pretty much a tankier scoundrel with higher sustained burst, more utility, and the ability to guard a healer.

Edited by Chaos_Distortion