All this 1.2 QQin about NERFs...Wat about Ops/Scoundrel?

Izola

Op/Scoundrel = ZERO Utility...Why would anyone in thier right mind use the class in a rated 8 man?

and when I say ZERO I mean ZERO!

Shadow = KNOCKBACK, SPRINT, PULL, 30M STUNLOCK, 15M INT, 1.5 MIN TRINKET,

What utlity does a Scoundrel/op have?

What Gap closer (Besides steath) Do they have?

Good luck getting into an 8 man, you won't be in mine!

Give them some love BW....A shadow step or SOMETHING!

Edited by Izola

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is actually right on. The only class with zero utility for a warzone or even on operation really is scoundrel/operative.

IF they had real burst in fact the highest burst in game then that would be something. They do not however, have that. Their burst was cut down already and now their sustained damage is being lowered.

Tanks can burst just as hard as scoundrels can. Where is the tradeoff. Where is the utility?

He is actually right on. The only class with zero utility for a warzone or even on operation really is scoundrel/operative.

IF they had real burst in fact the highest burst in game then that would be something. They do not however, have that. Their burst was cut down already and now their sustained damage is being lowered.

Tanks can burst just as hard as scoundrels can. Where is the tradeoff. Where is the utility?

You have never played one @ 50 with gear, so once you do let us all know, thanks...

You have never played one @ 50 with gear, so once you do let us all know, thanks...

Ok What utility do you have @ 50. Make the case why I would ever bring you as an OP/Scoundrel into my 8 man....GO AHEAD I"LL wait.

Ok What utility do you have @ 50. Make the case why I would ever bring you as an OP/Scoundrel into my 8 man....GO AHEAD I"LL wait.

Again refer to my post, read it, let it soak in and get back to me once you have played one or agaisnt a good one, healer/dps...

Thanks...

buahah current operatives can still 100-0 people...

Utility doesn't exist, but the damage is very high. Play a day as a mara getting your dots cleansed, and you will actually see how good Ops damage is. It's been the same thing since day 1, no matter how easy classes are in this game, the best player will dominate on any class. Wreck face on my op in live, and will do the same after the patch, while awaiting a buff. Because yes, our utility is so nonexistant that a buff is warranted; damage is not the problem at all.

Editing;

Saying the lack of utility makes Ops undesirable is totally false. Ops burst damage alone is enough to be a key part of any group. Ops are as good as anyone in non-huttball wz's, but still is a great mid-controller. Sages&Sorcs speccing shield mez will be nearly nonexistant with the hybrid nerf, so you can pick them off easily while they try to disrupt mid. Bad ops are more worthless than any other class with a bad player attached, but good ops are very useful, and simply won't be nerfed again, as nerf tears for them are completely nonexistant now.

Edited by Reenolols

Again refer to my post, read it, let it soak in and get back to me once you have played one or agaisnt a good one, healer/dps...

Thanks...

It's a simple question brother...Why would I bring you into an 8 man with the risk of playing huttball with a toon that has zero utility?

If u can't answer it's ok...There is no answer....

Silly you, you actually think that the people overseeing class balance in this game make their decisions based off gaming knowledge instead of what's best for the bottom line! Bioware already has their puny scoundrel/operative money, so what do they care when they rake in pools of Jedi/BH money.

There is no answer, but the nerfs don't change anything.

Operative/scoundrel has always been a useless class in high skill group PVP.

On the plus side, the healer buffs mean that op healers are still the worst choice but not so bad that you'd necesarily rule them out of a premade any more. You'd always take a sorc or commando first, but if you've goth those already or can't find one you might be willing to take a healing-specced op now.

Utility doesn't exist, but the damage is very high. Play a day as a mara getting your dots cleansed, and you will actually see how good Ops damage is. It's been the same thing since day 1, no matter how easy classes are in this game, the best player will dominate on any class. Wreck face on my op in live, and will do the same after the patch, while awaiting a buff. Because yes, our utility is so nonexistant that a buff is warranted; damage is not the problem at all.

Keep thinking that.

It's a simple question brother...Why would I bring you into an 8 man with the risk of playing huttball with a toon that has zero utility?

If u can't answer it's ok...There is no answer....

You cant even grasp what is said, so once you do and you realize oh ok, thanks...

Well, Sawbones in 1.2 are going to be very strong and I actually think that the Sawbones-Scrapper Hybrid build that I'm eyeing up is going to be perfectly competitive in Ranked Warzones. With the changes to the other two healing classes and the buffs to Sawbones... I don't see there being a shortage of teams wanting me. Dirty Fighting remains pretty rubbish and Scrapper is going to be weaker (and it's true that an equally skilled and geared Shadow will be better as a stealth DPSer) but I don't think it will be so weak that you won't still be able to do well with one.

Anyway, we'll see but a 25/16 Sawbones Pugilist should be worthy of a place in a ranked team - especially if you have him running with two shadows to give you a really strong stealth strike team.

Keep thinking that.

You mean knowing that? I play a mara and Op to their absolutely fullest potential. I know what they both do, solo, and in any type of group comp. Ops damage is superior, and MUCH more consistent. Maras are easily cleansed by good players, and with their large amount of weapon damage, have a decent chance of being negated by certain classes. Maras are losing good predation in anni, this pretty much stomps their great utility.

I guess I just don't understand how this isn't a bigger issue.

Yes thier burst is AWSOME, but Rekful/Neilyo Weren't the top rogues Bcuz they could do burst DPS. It was thier ability to control/cc/and use utility.

I hear all these Sages & Troppers QQin about a class that is getting a little nerf.

When Poor Scoundrels/Ops have a broken class.

I would trade in a little burst for some UTILITY anyday!

SHADOW STEP! Give it to them!

Edited by Izola

I guess I just don't understand how this isn't a bigger issue.

Yes thier burst is AWSOME, but Rekful/Neilyo Weren't the top rogues Bcuz they could do burst DPS. It was thier ability to control/cc/and use utility.

I hear all these Sages & Troppers QQin about a class that is getting a little nerf.

When Poor Scoundrels/Ops have a broken class.

I would trade in a little burst for some UTILITY anyday!

SHADOW STEP! Give it to them!

A. warriors were better than rogues for a long time, and it wasnt because they had more utility. if you think burst has no place in pvp, then apparently you missed an entire expansion in wow.

B. when rogues had mobility and burst with the ability to stunlock someone, they were mutilate in wrath of the lich king and were one of the overpowered classes in pvp to ever exist.

C. when rogues got shadowstep, their ability to stunlock someone and take out most if not all of their life was removed. in fact rogues with shadowstep probably had the least amount of damage in burning crusade.

D. ops do have utility, at least in alderaan and voidstar (huttball, no. huttball is all about mobility and gaurd/taunt). how you can not consider stealth utility is absolutely mind boggling when that single ability alone wins alderaan and voidstar. ops are one of the best classes at locking down someone.

Edited by Ryotknife

They bring +5% crit to the ops. There is their utility. You will always need at least one smuggler in an ops or rated WZ for their buff, and honestly I'd rather have a healer ops than a dps gunslinger.

Until someone else levels a smugg/agent past Chapter 2 and gets the buff for everyone on their mains.

A. warriors were better than rogues for a long time, and it wasnt because they had more utility. if you think burst has no place in pvp, then apparently you missed an entire expansion in wow.

I never said BURST wasn't a big part of PVP

B. when rogues had mobility and burst with the ability to stunlock someone, they were mutilate in wrath of the lich king and were one of the overpowered classes in pvp to ever exist.

If you think Muti rogues were op in wraith then you really shouldn't be talking...EVER...WOW rogue (Fiftysix) look me up, One of us played a toon past 2200 and that person was me

C. when rogues got shadowstep, their ability to stunlock someone and take out most if not all of their life was removed. in fact rogues with shadowstep probably had the least amount of damage in burning crusade.

Sub Rogues were DoT Rogues with a little burst thrown in. I was there!

D. ops do have utility, at least in alderaan and voidstar (huttball, no. huttball is all about mobility and gaurd/taunt). how you can not consider stealth utility is absolutely mind boggling when that single ability alone wins alderaan and voidstar. ops are one of the best classes at locking down someone.

You people keep saying that Ops/Scoundrels have utility...WHERE? Dirty Kick?

Maybe I'm wrong (LOL, I'm Never wrong) and maybe it's you guys/dolls that know what your talking about. If that's the case I am sorry for wasting everyones time.

Edited by Izola

You mean knowing that? I play a mara and Op to their absolutely fullest potential. I know what they both do, solo, and in any type of group comp. Ops damage is superior, and MUCH more consistent. Maras are easily cleansed by good players, and with their large amount of weapon damage, have a decent chance of being negated by certain classes. Maras are losing good predation in anni, this pretty much stomps their great utility.

Well I never saw a crit over 4000 on my scoundrel whereas I get hit for that against maras, who have a stun and gap closer in one and no positional requirement other than being in melee range.