What if a Light/grey sided Sith Emperor....

Darth_Solrac

or Empress ruled? Would he/she negotiate REAL, lasting peace with the Republic? Institute republican reforms? Abolish the monarchy & abdicate? Press for a nationally elected body like the Republic Senate?

Before he/she could do any of these things, would one of the Dark Council or his/her apprentice(s) overthrow & kill them?

I bring this up cuz I think that's what I'd have my Sorc. do if the story woulda allowed it. Thoughts?

I think that a light-sided emperor would still realize that if he abdicated and made democratic reforms, the Sith, being who they are, would only try to manipulate that system.

I feel like he'd remain emperor, but also negotiate peace. War isn't an evil thing, but unnecessary war against such evenly-matched opponents is harmful to both organizations, and I doubt a light-side emperor would want to put his people through that without cause.

So I'd say a light-side emperor still wouldn't stop the monarch-type rule, as that would be silly, it's simply what his people are used to. But I think he would be more peaceful and less strict.

or Empress ruled? Would he/she negotiate REAL, lasting peace with the Republic? Institute republican reforms? Abolish the monarchy & abdicate? Press for a nationally elected body like the Republic Senate?

Before he/she could do any of these things, would one of the Dark Council or his/her apprentice(s) overthrow & kill them?

I bring this up cuz I think that's what I'd have my Sorc. do if the story woulda allowed it. Thoughts?

There is a similar Emperor long after Return of the Jedi. Emperor Roan Fel and his Imperial Knights. Look him up :)

Peace is a lie. Its part of the sith code so I seriously doubt there would ever be true peace.

This.

Violence is the way of the Sith, when they have no enemies, they betray their allies.

It is a Sith's nature.

(I'll be quoting Chakotay soon.)

This.

Violence is the way of the Sith, when they have no enemies, they betray their allies.

It is a Sith's nature.

(I'll be quoting Chakotay soon.)

In the context of SW lore this is probably true and any Emperor that would put forth any of those reforms might not be considered truly Sith. But this is largely due to writers being hamstrung by the necessity to maintain the familiar themes within the SW universe.

Having said that, there is really no reason that a ruler calling themselves Sith couldn't modify the Code or Sith Doctrine. Sith doctrine hasn't remained consistent over the history of their kind. After all we've gone from having legion's of Sith, down to the Rule of Two and back again. So its not entirely impossible that Sith dogma evolves or changes over time. It wouldn't be impossible for a Sith somewhere down the line to look at the "current" code as an anachronism and see the benefit to more moderate doctrine.

I would agree that if the Sith never changed an Emperor that eschewed violence probably wouldn't last long. But I don't see any reason why that would always have to be the case.

If by "Sith" you mean sith pureblood, then I'll have to say that the dark side is part of what a sith pureblood is. The dark side is always in their blood no matter what, so if there was a light side sith emperor and he was immortal like the current emperor is eventually the pull of the dark side would be too great for him and he would follow the dark side as sith usually do. Peace may exist for a short time, but not for long in my oppinion.

In the context of SW lore this is probably true and any Emperor that would put forth any of those reforms might not be considered truly Sith. But this is largely due to writers being hamstrung by the necessity to maintain the familiar themes within the SW universe.

Having said that, there is really no reason that a ruler calling themselves Sith couldn't modify the Code or Sith Doctrine. Sith doctrine hasn't remained consistent over the history of their kind. After all we've gone from having legion's of Sith, down to the Rule of Two and back again. So its not entirely impossible that Sith dogma evolves or changes over time. It wouldn't be impossible for a Sith somewhere down the line to look at the "current" code as an anachronism and see the benefit to more moderate doctrine.

I would agree that if the Sith never changed an Emperor that eschewed violence probably wouldn't last long. But I don't see any reason why that would always have to be the case.

This^. Heck Lord Praven from the Jedi Knight story can be turned to the light, feeling that his way of life and honor comes better to fruition there on the suggestion of the player.