The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Items that are becoming unavailable in 1.2?

CelCawdro

The Valor requirement to use, I am aware of. Is there one to buy it is the question. :)

You need valor 65 to BUY it. Yes. I tried buying it at rank 61 and it would not let me.

My thinking was like yours, I would buy it, keep it in my bank until rank 65 then use it. It would not let me.

Edited by Maginor

Wow, this is such a bad idea.

No wonder many like myself are eagerly awaiting GW2.

It's like BW is saying, "People are complaining at a lack of content, so lets take away some content to make sure we keep them!".

/facepalm

You're going to hate GW2 then... most of the cosmetic items there you have to pay real life cash for in their cash shop.

Heck even if you find loot chests in the world you have to buy the keys from the cash shop...

You need valor 65 to BUY it. Yes. I tried buying it at rank 61 and it would not let me.

My thinking was like yours, I would buy it, keep it in my bank until rank 65 then use it. It would not let me.

Follow up - was this during the most recent patch, or a previous one?

I have a list of items that are unavailable in 1.2 in my preparing for 1.2 article if anyone interested: mostly just the big Korealis speeders (Tirsa prime still available and on the VIP vendor at increased cost) and the white crystal

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/27/preparing-for-patch-1-2/

Thanks for that.

So Cyan and Purple will be available after 1.2 for pubs still, but from people and not the vendor?

And white will be gone for a yet unspecified amount of time?

Thanks for that.

So Cyan and Purple will be available after 1.2 for pubs still, but from people and not the vendor?

And white will be gone for a yet unspecified amount of time?

Yes Cyan and Purple will be from the crafters supposedly.

White will be gone in 1.2, and the dev said that the +41 crystals are not going to be replaced by ones with better stats for quite a while so it is safe to dump 1/2.5 million if you really want it :)

Yes Cyan and Purple will be from the crafters supposedly.

White will be gone in 1.2, and the dev said that the +41 crystals are not going to be replaced by ones with better stats for quite a while so it is safe to dump 1/2.5 million if you really want it :)

Good to know, thanks a ton.

Wow, this is such a bad idea.

No wonder many like myself are eagerly awaiting GW2.

It's like BW is saying, "People are complaining at a lack of content, so lets take away some content to make sure we keep them!".

/facepalm

It's barely content- it's exclusive items- and every mmo has them- there's multiple early game mounts that you can't get in WoW now, old pets and titles, etc...

Exclusive items make people want to play in that period of time, to ensure they get those items- only people who complain are those who weren't trying to get those items and expected them to fall in their lap.

Content is operations, flashpoints, quests and challenging things like achievements.