Items that are becoming unavailable in 1.2?

CelCawdro

The valor rank 65 mount

The Social X mount

The 1mil (Previous 1.5mil) "VIP" mount

White colour crystal's

I think that's it

Thank you, sir. Any word on the permanence of the changes, or the rationale behind the removals?

They will be removed permentantly from the vendors that sell them.

if you already have one, you keep it.

no more can be bought after 1.2. unless someone has one....as they are bind on equip

Actually, I believe they've announced that the Bind on Equip or Bind on Pickup vehicles are going to lose that, and become resellable.

IMHO, they're creating some "prestigious" mounts that there will only be a select few of, as a status symbol.

Thank you, sir. Any word on the permanence of the changes, or the rationale behind the removals?

Crystal's was a "1-time thing" as they hadn't got them in at launch and the Magenta "secret" went far too quickly .... I think anyway.

As for the mounts, only thing I've been able to come up with is; BioWare want to have some things for the original purchasers of the game, and it will then be a status symbol kind of. Also, they are adding new 1's in their place, so it's not THAT bad

Speeders sound like they gone for good - no word on why (lots of guesses).

Crystals are gone for the "foreseeable future", but may come back eventually (although not in a vendor way IIRC).

Speeders sound like they gone for good - no word on why (lots of guesses).

Crystals are gone for the "foreseeable future", but may come back eventually (although not in a vendor way IIRC).

Aye, it would be odd to see a colour option just flat out disappear.

Last question - can you buy the PvP mount without having the valor rank required to use it?

Aye, it would be odd to see a colour option just flat out disappear.

Last question - can you buy the PvP mount without having the valor rank required to use it?

No. They reduced the price from 1000 wz comms and 1000 merc comms to 750 of each. The valor requirement of rank 65 is still there though.

No. They reduced the price from 1000 wz comms and 1000 merc comms to 750 of each. The valor requirement of rank 65 is still there though.

So to double clarify... we cant even buy the speeder unless we have a valor rank of 65?

I know we cant "learn" or "use" that speeder without the valor rank, but we cant buy it either?

I guess I can just go look tonight and check... but dang!

Actually, I believe they've announced that the Bind on Equip or Bind on Pickup vehicles are going to lose that, and become resellable.

IMHO, they're creating some "prestigious" mounts that there will only be a select few of, as a status symbol.

Im torn by this, I liked my 400 cybertech speeder so you can ID who is a mastercraft CT guy by their speeder, but at the same time I'd like to make money selling speeders.

Maybe they'll give sell-able speeders and a couple BoP speeders to have it be the best of both worlds.

Kinda like how biochem has biochem only consumables, i'm thinking along those lines.

Wow, this is such a bad idea.

It's like BW is saying, "People are complaining at a lack of content, so lets take away some content to make sure we keep them!".

I like the concept of some exclusive items that are cosmetic in nature. There are other 110% speed mounts in the game, and there are other +41 color crystals available. All this does is provide the folks who cared to purchase a white crystal or the Korrelias mounts a cosmetic difference, it does nothing to impact gameplay.

If GW2 offers cosmetic items for certain limited time achievements, I assume you'll quickly jump ship to the next fresh MMO, yes?

Crystal's was a "1-time thing" as they hadn't got them in at launch and the Magenta "secret" went far too quickly .... I think anyway.

As for the mounts, only thing I've been able to come up with is; BioWare want to have some things for the original purchasers of the game, and it will then be a status symbol kind of. Also, they are adding new 1's in their place, so it's not THAT bad

secrets dont last too long on the internet

crap, I forget to check. I was busy trying to the marauders foundry hood for my sniper. 4 tries through "the foundry" and no dice yet. BAH! At least I was able to complete my matrix cube with three red shards last night.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.