Dear BioWare: We, The Mature Ones, Apologize!

RogueKnight

Once December 15th hits, getting in to play will be an expectation, we were told that by Pre-ordering, we'd get to play up to 5 days ahead of launch.

Playing today and tomorrow is, indeed, a gift and a privelage.

Thanks for the extra two days, Bioware!

"UP TO" means that the 5 days is the MAXIMUM amount of time. not the minimum. You are not guaranteed five days.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP is just as annoying as all the QQ posts.

Nah, he's just standing on a home made soap box! That makes him better! It funny to watch actually. Some get upset for having different views on service, and are being burned at the stake today by fan boyi's. But I can tell you for a fact, not a single one of these people calling anyone that dares makes a complaint or statement a troll, would DARE say a dam thing to a customer in front of them in line at their local coffee shop 'complaining' about how long its taking. You know why, because 99% of you think alike in the line, and your all ticked off on how long it's taking. Perhaps look at some studies about people expectation of 'wait' time when making purchases. I'll give you a quick run down, every and I mean every falls under the 3 minute rule. If you don't receive YOUR 'expect' level of service in that time, each minute that passes there afters increases your 'rage' drastically. Folks, there's been whole departments of retail chains that spend years looking at 'wait times'. By the reaction on the forums, they have broken every single on those studies findings, one how to deal with a waiting crowd. They (bioware) are fueling this nerd rage, and it's a shame they have chosen to take this route.

Edited by Mannce

UP TO 5 days does not mean I get to play for 5 days. It means YOU COULD play for five days but most people wont

Does anyone else think all this whining is just a massive case of jealousy, poor reading comprehension, and entitlement?

BW has handled this poorly. Want proof? Read the forums. Telling people to f5 for a week to see when they can get in is just dumb. They are afraid to commit to anything.

Can someone help me on this?

Early access was promised for 5 days, so on the 15th?

No, this is incorrect. No one was promised 5 days of early access. People were only promised some early access but not any specific amount of time. They left it open by saying "up to" 5 days so they could monitor the servers and stagger the invites. So some will get 5 days, some will get less.

Edited by Leiloni

Actually I DID pay for the game at $79.99 from Origin/EA, and yes the money already came out of my bank account. Yet I'm not in EGA because I preordered in November. But yet people who paid 5 bucks are getting a week of free access, and have probably already cancelled their preorder and got their money back.

Why are the people who paid for the game to suffer?

"First come, first served" mean anything to you?

People are upset and being mature is realizing why they are upset and not just brushing aside them saying they are immature.

I personally bought the collectors edition on the 21nd July still haven't got access fine, I can deal with that to the point when you find out others who have signed on the 22nd currently are in game playing.

If they wanted to give people 2 days extra then fine but not some random lottery wave rng that just annoys people to the point of total frustration.

does that make people immature, no it doesn't they just want what other people have been giving as they have paid the same amount of money be it 1 day early or 5 days later.

The simplicity of it is they shouldn't have added these 2 extra days its just been a total farce and frustration to all concerned

ill wait like the rest of course i want to play it and a few days wont make me wanner cancel but frustrated and annoyed yes.. makes me immature no see it from both sides

Bioware, I for one am embarressed to call myself a gamer after witnessing the reaction to your gift of EGA to us.

Thanks for your hard work, your game, and your GIFT of EGA to us for Pre-Ordering.

And a special THANKS for the staggered Pre-Launch. When I do get to play, I do not want to compete with 2 MILLION players in the starting area trying to get the beginning storyline quests done. I will be grateful that when I do get in, the majority of those ahead of me will be long gone from Ord Mantel!

Making a thread which specifically demeans a large group of people is far from mature. Not to mention brown nosing is far from mature. Bioware has flipped off hundreds of thousands of people who had legitimate reasons for not being able to pre-order on day one, who paid just as much as everyone who did when they could. Some of us have families, bills, medical expenses, CANCER, and our money isnt always so easy to toss around.

So dont claim to be "mature" then make a thread like this. Bioware flipped us the bird, had their CEO write us a nice letter about how happy he is to welcome ALL OF US to tor early access, then trollface as they only let people in from the first 2 days.

Someone with all those issues has more to be concerned with than how soon they can get online to play a game.

Making a thread which specifically demeans a large group of people is far from mature. Not to mention brown nosing is far from mature. Bioware has flipped off hundreds of thousands of people who had legitimate reasons for not being able to pre-order on day one, who paid just as much as everyone who did when they could. Some of us have families, bills, medical expenses, CANCER, and our money isnt always so easy to toss around.

So dont claim to be "mature" then make a thread like this. Bioware flipped us the bird, had their CEO write us a nice letter about how happy he is to welcome ALL OF US to tor early access, then trollface as they only let people in from the first 2 days.

I'm not sorry for people like this, let them be punished. With fire preferably.

How shortsighted can people be, even dragging cancer into the equation. You make me cringe.

Apart from that i do agree with OP.

"First come, first served" mean anything to you?

I would love to see you say that to someones face in a retail store, 2 weeks before christmas (like tensions weren't high enough). I can tell you first hand, that is not the best way to 'calm' and irate customer. In fact, it simple exacerbate's the situation more. I would not advise anyone to actually say this to anyone if your in a customer service situation.

Actually I DID pay for the game at $79.99 from Origin/EA, and yes the money already came out of my bank account. Yet I'm not in EGA because I preordered in November. But yet people who paid 5 bucks are getting a week of free access, and have probably already cancelled their preorder and got their money back.

Why are the people who paid for the game to suffer?

Just ask yourself this question... what is bioware out if people cancel a preorder and only preordered to play for the early access?

1) High potential for people to buy the game regardless of if they preordered

2) a little more stress on the servers than needed during the early access if they cancel. Although that still helps them with dealing with server capacity

3) An overwhelming majority of people, whether they paid full price or $5 towards will end up buying the game and having an idea of how many people will buy the game allows a business to more readily invest money and move it towards improvements in the game.

4) If the game is a success, those people who played and cancelled will probably come back anyways thus leading to still being worth money for the company

5) If the game is a flop... Well, they're screwed either way

6) Marketing Marketing Marketing

>Get told weeks ago that invites would be staggered so as to ensure server stability

>Good idea, Bioware! Every time an MMO starts the servers are **** because of the influx of people!

>Early Access starts

>Don't get in the game in the first four hours of invites

>**** Bioware and this game!

75% of the forum users right there.

I would love to see you say that to someones face in a retail store, 2 weeks before christmas (like tensions weren't high enough). I can tell you first hand, that is not the best way to 'calm' and irate customer. In fact, it simple exacerbate's the situation more. I would not advise anyone to actually say this to anyone if your in a customer service situation.

You've obviously never worked a retail "launch" of anything. If it's a product that is newly released and has a potential of selling out, this is always the case and always will be. Now, people might not always be so blunt with the statement, but no amount of flowery words will detract from the fact that who gets their first gets precedence.

*looks at forums and shakes head*

Wow.. all I can say is BioWare... you guys are doing a great job! You've got a hell of a great game in hand, you're being incredibly cool doing your best to get as many people as you can into the game BEFORE it's even officially launched.. and there's just so much drama and complainers out there.

You promised nothing beyond the point people can get in early UP TO 5 days in advance.. and everyone's screaming like a smacked child cause they're not in when so and so who bought it on this date already is.

PRE-ORDER hardly ever means EARLY ACCESS, it's a generous gift. ALOT of people pre-ordered BEFORE there even was a promise of early access cause we simply wanted the game ready at launch.

FYI: LAUNCH IS THE 20TH :p

Hope you Devs, Mods, Designers, Gms etc all realize that the ones who weren't deprived crucial oxygen during birth, realize it's a pure bonus you're doing right now with Early Access and we thank you for it.. and apologize for the insane number of crying kids that our flooding your forums.

What exactly are you apologizing, oops sorry, you apparently spoke for everyone in the mature community..?

>Get told weeks ago that invites would be staggered so as to ensure server stability

>Good idea, Bioware! Every time an MMO starts the servers are **** because of the influx of people!

>Early Access starts

>Don't get in the game in the first four hours of invites

>**** Bioware and this game!

75% of the forum users right there.

And the other 25%, simply make up numbers to sound like facts.