SWTOR Vs WoW: Blizzard gets it

indelible

Nothing argumentative in my post about how I find them useful at 50 which is simply contrary to your view.

Fella you jumped into a convo that had just turned into an argument and got the butt end. Just disregard my comments because I have no wish to continue it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt. WoW is killing itself just fine.

MoP is their last hope...and from what I've seen thus far it is underwhelming at best.

Like I said before... WoW can lose 8 or 9 million more subscriptions and still have more than TOR. and I honestly believe by the time that happens, TOR will be no more (along with many other MMOs)

But, different people like different things. The advantage in liking to play WoW is that you know there is a helluva lot of resources and effort that can and is being invested in it, as opposed to scratching content plans due to not hitting certain sub numbers, etc (not that I'm saying TOR has done that obviously.)

The more players, the more payers. The more payers, the more game you get.

I guess my point was gearing them up is unnecessary, given their end-game usage. So if you gear them, it's a waste for end game... and if you don't gear them, it's wasted effort that went into the system allowing them to be geared in that way.

For me? I'd much rather form a party with other real players, go out into the world on a gathering/treasure hunting adventure than to do so with an NPC companion (or worse, sit on my ship and send them from there!)

Well geared they make dailies go faster in addition to being able solo H2s and use them on H4s.

Second, I like crafting but not the aspect of being stuck doing it with my character so I am blocked from doing anything else.

To each his own. It is clear you don't like companions, I have found them to be a nice change from other MMOs.

In the end I feel like what most MMO players want, is a unique MMO experience.
I fixed your sentence a bit.

That's why so many are watching Guild Wars 2 - because it's the first mainstream MMORPG since 2004 which will not be a WoW clone. If course, it can end being a pile of crap, but since it's a well known company making it and not another loser team in their garage, there's hope it will be decently polished.

The more players, the more payers. The more payers, the more game you get.

To bad Blizzard never listened to you on this, because all they seem to do is take old content and rehash it over and over again...even in the next xpac...

I agree, And seeing the new skill list, after they abolished the talent tree. It's ridiculous. they took all that nonsense from the talent trees and piled it into the spell book. I think this is ridiculous.

In the end I feel like what most people in this forum who are unhappy want, is a unique MMO experience. I know I for one was hoping SWtor would deliver on that. For me it did not.

I think the skill revamp is one of the most brilliant an un-heralded moves they made.

It may appear to offer less flexibility or choice, but in reality it offers more true choice... you can now be a rogue and have some abilities that before you would have had to sacrifice due to damage maximization. But now you can have your cake and eat it too!

And mostly I like that they did it since, Blizzard basically created the "talent tree" concept in RPGs with Diablo and are now the first ones to throw it out. That's the type of innovation I want to see even if it doesn't always work out for the best - don't be afraid to try things.

I almost cringed when we learned that TOR's talent trees were... exact copies of WoW's with 3 specs and everything. Just as Blizzard was tossing them out.

never liked wow not one bit .it was to run of the mill in questing the grafix suck.tbh dungeon finder killed the game ppl dont play wow any more they sit i que and run dungeons till they max lev.

1 this i am very unhappy with tor is the fact they have killed open pvp .im sick of war zones adding 1 new wz wont fix that.i have grown to hate huttball...:eek: i see a lot of people taking a break from TOR atm hoping the patch 1.2 is a game changing patch it wont be.

i play mmo's for the pvp .well to me war zones isnt really pvp its group dueling .idk how long ill last at this game i find my self logging in less and less as time goes by killing ilum was a horrid mistake.

To bad Blizzard never listened to you on this, because all they seem to do is take old content and rehash it over and over again...even in the next xpac...

Well you can't expect Bobby to allow them to spend a ton of money on new development.. Then where would his bottom line be.. I mean really..

/sarcasm

How is it rehashed?

And, fast-forward to TOR's first expansion... what would it need to be to qualify as "not rehashed" for you?

The story and lore of the Lich King and how he came to be was much more epic than that of Malgus... if he even has a story.

Just because you're ignorant of the story doesn't mean the story is better or worse. It just means that you're ignorant of the story. Malgus is a staple we see on Empire side almost the entire way through the leveling process which culiminates in a mini civil war, while we're kicking the republic in the teeth for laughs on the side. It's pretty obvious where your personal bias lies.

Just because you're ignorant of the story doesn't mean the story is better or worse. It just means that you're ignorant of the story. Malgus is a staple we see on Empire side almost the entire way through the leveling process which culiminates in a mini civil war, while we're kicking the republic in the teeth for laughs on the side. It's pretty obvious where your personal bias lies.

Did Malgus kill his own father?

You know what I think would help this thread... if someone that wasn't a fanboy of one game or the other was participating! :)
I'm a fanboy of neither game - I played WoW for 7+ years (and in beta before), and it's one of the best MMORPGs I've played. I play SW:TOR and enjoy it a lot too, but just as for WoW, I'm aware of its weaknesses. And yeah, even after 7+ years, WoW has still weaknesses, too, not to mention the constant dumbing down of the whole game to cater to the dumb and dumber player category.

Both games are very similar - but I was bored grinding dailies and doing raids in Azeroth, so I moved to do the same in the galaxy far, far away with different classes and gameplay.

How is it rehashed?

And, fast-forward to TOR's first expansion... what would it need to be to qualify as "not rehashed" for you?

Naxx, troll dungeons, DM, SM, Ony, Ony, Ony again, Rag, etc.

The list goes on and on...

Did Malgus kill his own father?

Dude, if that is what makes a compelling story for you then I don't know what to say.

I read the books, played the games, and I can tell you that the story for him isn't all that epic...good, yes...epic, no.

Edited by Azzras

Read it yourself.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Malgus

Already posted once, but you may have missed it.

Warning, it's long (longer than the Lich King wiki page for WoW), so it requires some reading patience and skill ;)

I read it... I didn't see any "defining moments" that made him who he is, or what he is. I got a lot of "Meh" out of it. However, the first rule of good characters is it takes some time to care about them. So maybe his time is coming.

Naxx, troll dungeons, DM, SM, Ony, Ony, Ony again, Rag, etc.

The list goes on and on...

Well, I will give you the dungeons. I absolutely hate that Blizzard does this, but they do it because there's demand due to nostalgia there. But I hate it and I don't do them.

Rag though was a different thing... he was back in a new, forward-progressed story and you fight him in his realm. Fairly epic, I might add.

So does that mean we should never see Darth Malgus in future TOR expansions then, or would you considered that "re-hashed"?

I'm a fanboy of neither game - I played WoW for 7+ years (and in beta before), and it's one of the best MMORPGs I've played. I play SW:TOR and enjoy it a lot too, but just as for WoW, I'm aware of its weaknesses. And yeah, even after 7+ years, WoW has still weaknesses, too, not to mention the constant dumbing down of the whole game to cater to the dumb and dumber player category.

Both games are very similar - but I was bored grinding dailies and doing raids in Azeroth, so I moved to do the same in the galaxy far, far away with different classes and gameplay.

I agree with you. Though i still play both i do tend to play more on SWTOR as i have maxxed out my toon slots with 85's on my main server. And still raiding HC DS10. Both games are good and both games have flaws but i wish people would shut up and just play which ever they prefer. Personally i prefer WOW i still see SWTOR as a good game.

Though i just wish D3 was out now. MMO's can suffer from similarity at times.

Well, I will give you the dungeons. I absolutely hate that Blizzard does this, but they do it because there's demand due to nostalgia there. But I hate it and I don't do them.

Rag though was a different thing... he was back in a new, forward-progressed story and you fight him in his realm. Fairly epic, I might add.

So does that mean we should never see Darth Malgus in future TOR expansions then, or would you considered that "re-hashed"?

How many times have we killed Ony?

hmmm?

And Naxx was almost 100% rehash.

Edited by Azzras

How many times have we killed Ony?

hmmm?

And Naxx was almost 100% rehash.

Dodging my question on Darth Malgus I see. So, we shouldn't ever see him again then?

And Naxx, at least they wrapped a story about why it had moved.

I already explained I don't agree with the other redux.

Edited by Lethality

Dodging my question on Darth Malgus I see. So, we shouldn't ever see him again then?

I'm not dodging anything, m8. Chill with the conspiracies about me.

If they bring him back in such a way that makes sense and is new, then sure.

If they do what they did with Rag where it felt forced...esp his lol legs, then it's not ok.

For Naxx, no amount of story could be an excuse for having that as our main raid for what, 6 months or so?

Expect more rehash to come.

Given that we did not kill him in FE, I have no issue with seeing him make another appearance.