Is it worth it?

Mkeoughjr

For about 2 weeks before i got the game i was back and forth about a class i was gojng to make weather it was assassin, mara, pt or jugg (maybe) i get the game and my finger clicks assassin my main in wow was a rogue for 6 yrs then rerolled war and loved it so i do like melee classes and from videos it seems like assassins are nice melee but all their big hits come from procs to force which is kinda cool but now im level 7 and thinking when i get level him up is that the kinda char i wanna play, can anyone gimme opinions on assassins is it worth leveling him and giving him a shot or should i just reroll mara now lol?

The DPS for deception is very burst heavy and very much like the rogue of wow with several abilities and PVE strats that mirror that class. There are a few procs to keep track of at level 50 when dpsing, but not anything you can't handle. the priority rotation is pretty straight forward. I play a tank version (darkness) as my main spec and have raided successfully in HM and nightmare for a few months now and that spec offers very balanced and strong defensive cds with good all around enemy aggro management. You also have a 12% self heal in tank spec that is up every 10-15 seconds or so depending on your rotation.

I have 3 level 50s ( jedi guardian, bounty hunter merc healer and the assassin) but this is the class I play the most. For me it has great versatility.

Assassin is worth rolling because I feel all three specs are viable in both PvE and PvP, and each spec plays very differently. I can't say that about Sorc or Sniper, my other two classes, because they all focus around the same few abilities, and Sniper especially is very much all about doing mostly single target burst damage.

I like Darkness for now, but I think Madness is a very fun spec, and you get enough worthwhile 'baseline' abilities that you can use regardless of spec.

I can't comment too much on Deception as I haven't specced it yet, but I might give it a whirl in the future. It doesn't look very powerful, but then again all stealth specs are struggling at the moment. We shall see.

The only downside I can see is a lack of hybrid specs, but this is quickly becoming a problem for every AC in the game (e.g. Sorc).

Assassin is the most fun I've ever had with a class. Though if you want a wow-rogueish character, an Operative might be more suitable, they play pretty much exactly like rogues with healing. Assassins are more enhancement shamans with stealth if you really gotta do a comparision to wow classes.

Assassin was my first class. I got him to 41 going madness the whole way before I shelved him outa frustration.

Leveled a few 50s and got my bh to almost war hero and took the assassin up again. This time I really looked at the tree and the synergy of it. Turns out I just was bad at the spec before. Now I am having a blast and wishing I kept on my madness assassin. As far as madness goes it plays to what I enjoy. More of a support/pressure role that isn't just one-dimensional. Getting 10 medals as a non tank spec is amazingly fun!

Long story short. Yes it's worth it!

All the survivability is very nice. All I know is that in full Tank gear people seem to get very annoyed when they attack me and realize I have 23k hp. I might take some time to kill them but they rarely hurt or get away from me. Edited by IKoNNiK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.