Cross Faction Legacy Mailing/Trading?

IasonEvan

Hey all. In the video for 1.2 it shows that you can get drops of armor etc. that are Legacy drops. Armor that you can give to characters in your Legacy. One of the devs talked about giving that armor from one character on the Imperial side to another character on the Imperial side, but the Legacy family tree is NOT limited to the same faction. Will we be able to mail items to characters that are in a different faction, but are related? i.e. my Smuggler is the father of my Bounty Hunter? If so, then great. That would make sense. If not, then why the heck allow ALL of our characters regardless of faction to our family tree? If they can never interact beyond gaining a few traits from each other, it seems a pretty pointless system.

Bounty Hunter son, "Hey Dad, I am a little short on credits this month and I heard you had a pretty great Kessel Run last week. Can you send me a few creds?"

Smuggler Father, "Sorry son, we are in different factions except for the fact that I don't really care about the Republic, but for some reason it won't let me mail you anything. Weird. Oh well, back to smuggling stuff."

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Its simple really to avoid abuse of such a function, bind to account or something similar.

The one issue for me with the Legacy is the crafting, if you can't trade items you make with related cross faction characters, to me I'm not interested in the species bonus.

Fair enough if you're part of a guild, other guild members could make stuff for you, but for the none-guilders like myself, its really an issue.

You can only send to members of your own Legacy, so it's very limited and will only appeal as an economical tool for a very small margin of players.

I find it immensely useful, as I have several items that I can't use on Empire side that a Republic alt will find very valuable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.