Can we make relations with other players in legacy system in future?

Speont

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

and ---

NO. This there would be a nightware wave of QQ about this if it was cross "players".

QQ1: OMG <Leet Guildname> Guild related to each other to get full buff. And me and my wife/friend only have unlocked 2 buffs.

QQ2: What do you mean that BLOOD relations are permanent. I don't like/am mad at player <Name> and don't want to be associated with him.

QQ3: .... You get the idea.

This would cause WAY more trouble than any percieved possible bennifit. Really think about what you are asking for .... you may get it and have to live with it!!!! :p:rolleyes:;)

Another unintended consequence: What if someone of a higher Legacy level were to link with someone just starting out? Do they share legacy rewards? If they don't, someone will suggest that they do. Then we'll be flooded with complaints about how no one will link with them because they do not possess the highest legacy expected of them. It'd be Warcraft's Guild Perks all over again.

We can just make that players receive bonuses only from their own chars/legacy, like now.. i mean no changes - only new options: "Master/Acolyte" + "Rivals" and family tree will just contain different players, but it will not give bonuses

or we can give some bonuses for adding other players... like, for example, social points/legacy exp for your own legacy system.. it will not be like guilds in wow :/ i mean social points - is a system that is already used in Swtor, so why not ? and legacy exp is not so much needed to force all players add others just for that

we can also make some rules. like for example - you can add other clans depending on your own legacy level. if your level is high - you can add many ( 5 ) clans and yours will be "main" clan.. if your level is low - you can add only one clan as an add for family tree

kinda that

anyway i am sure dev team will think about all problems, it don't seems to be hard to think about

These bumps are a violation of TOS. And extremely annoying.

Back on subject, I wouldn't want different accounts to share legacy levels/points etc. However, having another person, especially my really world wife, be my wife in game would be a great addition. Or son/daughter, etc...

Another unintended consequence: What if someone of a higher Legacy level were to link with someone just starting out? Do they share legacy rewards? If they don't, someone will suggest that they do. Then we'll be flooded with complaints about how no one will link with them because they do not possess the highest legacy expected of them. It'd be Warcraft's Guild Perks all over again.

Something like this shouldn't give ay kind of perks outside of maybe a title.

Something like this shouldn't give ay kind of perks outside of maybe a title.

Man is a greedy creature. People linking will want something more substantial than a title.

Another issue to address: If two legacy's link, will one player have to take the name of the other? Will the Legacy hyphenate?

I love this idea! I don't play on a role-play server but I'm a role-player at heart and when I duo through the leveling process with my boyfriend, I always try to come up with what kind of role his and my character play. Childhood friends, cousins, etc. since we can't actually be /married/ or in a romantic relationship with other PC's. This would be really a cool addition for that kind of thing! Often when I'm on my level 50 helping his lower level run through a particularly hard mission or a heroic/FP he can't/doesn't want to find a group for I always think to myself "<Insert enemy's name here>! You will not slay my nephew this day!" etc.

I stopped saying it out loud cuz he usually just looked at me weird.

It would probably be just a vanity thing with no actual benefit/buff/changes etc. Just a fun little thing for people to do with their friends lists and such. I see absolutely no reason why I should get a fancy title or extra legacy points. MAYBE some extra social points, but I wouldn't be torn up if that was a no-go. Just a little vanity option to make your experience that much better. Plus, since swtor is trying to make this story-oriented, it fits in quite nicely!