When can we expect to see a nerf of the Hybrid Sin/Shadow?

AMKSED

No I'm saying the numbers about 500K tend to be completely meaningless to begin with. Sorcs can do one million damage and they're probably in the middle of the pack so far as the class hierarchy is concerned.

I saw a screenshot 700K damage from Madness in a game of Alderran where both side apparently agreed to just not cap anything. Madness surely isn't anything anyone would considered overpowered, but hey, it's 700K damage!

But Assassins can put up meaningful 400K of damage, with significant healing and protection to boot, far more easily than any other class right now. It might not guaranteed you a victory but it sure tips the balance a lot.

You're contradicting youself there pretty hard.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tankasins would be almost balanced if they didn't nerf everything else into oblivion...

I'm pretty sure that's what we will end up seeing do the best in 1.2...I see nothing but Sins/Shadow and Mara/Sent for the future.

marauders definetly needs a nerf .. need to take a look at those marauders and sents.. BTW democracy wins ,nerfing to assassins won't happen. and that's how it is .

What about mara/sent needs nerfed?

And it's not that assassin needs nerfed it's that it needs balancing. Darkness hybrid is amazing... hence why my alt is one.

so if a class takes out 2-3 others alone? does that mean the class is op and over-analyse or are you going to take other factors into account like gear,skill,etc?

Of course you would have to take those things into account, however if a person can consistently do this in warzones with different players, what does that say? Everyone he plays aaginst is bad? :p

I'm not really convinced PT/Vanguard are even on par with Marauders at this point. I know they put up good DPS and certainly they're one of the few classes that can actually defeat Darkness, but their survivality is pretty much nonexistent. I can't take them out first because often half of the WZ is either Assassin or Marauder, and if you don't know anything about the quality of your opponents, you've to assume those two classes are a bigger threat than the Vanguard/PT. It is still safer to ignore a PT than ignoring a Marauder if you know nothing about the skill level of the two characters involved.

Of course you would have to take those things into account, however if a person can consistently do this in warzones with different players, what does that say? Everyone he plays aaginst is bad? :p

ofc but i have never seen a good shadow/assassin with this "hybrid" (tank with damage gear) take out 2-3 well geared classes in a warzone nor in ilum .

Ciraf

I also mentioned earlier in this thread that Vanguards are a close 2nd to Shadows.

Missed that sorry :/ I never disagreed with your opinion once you explained your reasons, before that I was kind of annoyed because the people I saw posting had no valid reasons. I still disagree than WZ stats should not be a determining factor, but that is just me. I also read your original post before you updated it with ideas for a re balance.

Who are you from galaxies, I do not recognize the name. I am thinking it was from the last 3 months or so I played on chilly and the 3 months I played on SS before the end that I met you. I know the names of everyone here before then pretty much lol

Missed that sorry :/ I never disagreed with your opinion once you explained your reasons, before that I was kind of annoyed because the people I saw posting had no valid reasons. I still disagree than WZ stats should not be a determining factor, but that is just me. I also read your original post before you updated it with ideas for a re balance.

Who are you from galaxies, I do not recognize the name. I am thinking it was from the last 3 months or so I played on chilly and the 3 months I played on SS before the end that I met you. I know the names of everyone here before then pretty much lol

AMK, iDire, iNuke, RLPvPer, Amksed. I had a BUNCH of names and I played with UC, EBD, and Weezy-Son.

Amsked,

Could you post screenshots of your character window with stats and gears and a screenshot of your trees spec (kinetic:31/10 or 23/18)

You have said that you do 700k + damage in bg but you can't prove us because you haven't screenshot.As you haven't screenshots with 700k + damage, I propose you to play some bg to prove us that you can do 500 k damages with your character (the same that we can see on the character window that you are going to post (I think it's not a pb for you since you can do 700k + damages).

I ask you these informations because we need a proof and facts to understand and compare stats with other type of character. Indeed the level of damage that you said to do seems so high for a shadow kinetic.

Note that all other tank can wear dps gear and up their damage ( loosing their tank role) it'is the base of MMO (see guardian for ex, when they wear dps gear they can up their damage more than shadow...)

Stop calling it a gorram Hybrid. If it has 31 points in darkness it's not a hybrid.

yeah ignoring a lot of the tank talents for the dps only ones and then getting more dps talents in other tree's doesn't warrant hybrid at all huh.

AMK, iDire, iNuke, RLPvPer, Amksed. I had a BUNCH of names and I played with UC, EBD, and Weezy-Son.

Know the guilds, 2 of the names ring a bell, but that's it. No idea how you remember me though. Was it through my fake personality on the forums, or through my lolspai ingame?

There are a lot of bad players out there. On my Centurion geared Arsenal merc alt I've constantly taken out the server's top Shadows while defending a turret with another similarly gimp character. Yes winning 2 on 1 isn't saying much either and almost invariably one of the two defenders will die, but there's no way even the top Shadow/Assassin should be able to reliably win 1 on 2 if you know how to fight the class. Note that a top Shadow/Assassin can reliably stall for a very long time in 1on2 or worse odds, but that's not the same as winning.

Amsked,

Could you post screenshots of your character window with stats and gears and a screenshot of your trees spec (kinetic:31/10 or 23/18)

You have said that you do 700k + damage in bg but you can't prove us because you haven't screenshot.As you haven't screenshots with 700k + damage, I propose you to play some bg to prove us that you can do 500 k damages with your character (the same that we can see on the character window that you are going to post (I think it's not a pb for you since you can do 700k + damages).

I ask you these informations because we need a proof and facts to understand and compare stats with other type of character. Indeed the level of damage that you said to do seems so high for a shadow kinetic.

Note that all other tank can wear dps gear and up their damage ( loosing their tank role) it'is the base of MMO (see guardian for ex, when they wear dps gear they can up their damage more than shadow...)

Yes, my stats aren't what they used to be because I've been re-collecting my BM mods since if I don't have them then I lose out on the gear changes. But here they are.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63104066/Screenshot_2012-03-27_03_43_15_684923.jpg

Know the guilds, 2 of the names ring a bell, but that's it. No idea how you remember me though. Was it through my fake personality on the forums, or through my lolspai ingame?

Pretty sure I remember you playing Spy.

Operatives AND Assassins were nerfed hard with 1.1. Since then there was no public outcry over Operative Burst, bust still they are getting another nerf. People whine over Assassins but they are getting no change. Bioware said they don't nerf because of forum whines but because of their own data (which the Operative nerf backs up).

So the conclusion is - from Bioware's data - Assassins are fine.

Neither did you, but this is Bioware's game, so we have to use the definition they use, or we cannot use the word at all, simple as that.

Just because it's Bioware's game doesn't change the definition laws of a word lol.

Operatives AND Assassins were nerfed hard with 1.1. Since then there was no public outcry over Operative Burst, bust still they are getting another nerf. People whine over Assassins but they are getting no change. Bioware said they don't nerf because of forum whines but because of their own data (which the Operative nerf backs up).

So the conclusion is - from Bioware's data - Assassins are fine.

I would caution against the bioware knows best mantra given their failure over ilum.

Bioware does not know best.