Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

repost army

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

i 2nd this

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

this last bit is by me, dont copy this. (I hope a designer reads this, so they see how much of a fail the first day was.)

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

COPY AND PASTE!

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

At the moment everyone is whining about how they didn't get in and how Bioware should've let everyone in at once. You know what would've happened if they HAD let everyone in at the same time and you had everyone crowding the early zones at once? Whining about the overcrowding. There will always be people who find something to complain about. I pre-ordered in September, and did I get in today? Nope. Am I gonna complain about it? Nope. I'm going to go out to a club tonight and drink away my sorrows while hitting on hot girls and dancing, which is the PROPER WAY TO DEAL WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS! I accept that I pre-ordered later than some, I agree with the principal of first come first served and realize I'm not first in line. And while I do think BW could've given a bit more notice about when each individual might get in, whether they do or not is their choice, and I also agree the staggered wave system is their best bet for a smooth early access launch.

The lesson in all this is. The proper response to hardship is not to whine, but to go out clubbing. If you have a girlfriend, take her with you. If you're married, then just get your wife to smack you around a bit like she does every other time you complain about random stuff.

my boyfriend is in and its lagging like hell soooo good thing we did not

all start at the 15th

Screenshots witht he date or your lying .. also I want specs of his crap computer. Cuz if hes lagging with hardly anyone on then he needs to go to Best Buy ASAP.

I am SOOOOO not going PVP anymore on this game. Getting ganked continuosly by level 40s+ when I only started that day would not be fun. Good luck to all you going that route.

SOOOOOOOOO .... I always thought pvp'ers are so proud about the hostile environment they play in.

However, if you hit level 40+ before launch day it will be ok to gank new players?

All I can say is, read the fine print...idiots.

"You MAY be granted early game access"

You know what that means? When you accepted the order - part of the terms of use you also agreed to means Bioware has ZERO requirement to let everyone play - UNTIL 12/20.

Those of you who took work off today, or who are complaining that Bioware is somehow "messing" with your life here...you're losers.

Every. Single. One. Of. You.

I even saw a post that said something to the effect of "Why is bioware doing this? They are toying with the lives, families and jobs of their customers..."

Seriously? Methinks you need to take a step back and re-evaluate your life if you are this upset over a video game.

Those of you threatening to cancel your pre-order or subscription already: Do us a favor and leave the game now.

We know 99% of you don't have the testicular fortitude to actually quit - and you are making some sort of desperate plea for attention ("email invite") from the Bioware customer service folks. Trust us, it appears exactly as it is, like a child crying and holding their breath so Mommy will pay attention to them.

Entitled players like you complainers need to go work out your frustrations somewhere else, because I know damn well WE don't want you here.

Besides, this is a Bioware / Lucasfilm franchise - you think they need your measly little subscription in return for a demanding, crying child?

Um... I kind of edited the spammy thing...

This is a troll, and is exactly QQ there is a lote of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most wonderfully conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of QQ-ing video games. I've personally QQ-ed in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how great this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to why you have chosen to let me in when you roll out this game. I personally QQ-ed in the beta in a very loud way (not by choice, mind you, I was just "born this way") and was QQ-ing online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly am I afraid of? Not getting special treatment.

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL QQs (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days of QQ, SE get 5, e.g.) at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and QQs would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait knowingly with a good idea how long it will be and to expect an email is just me adding QQ to QQ. Another alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your QQ would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on QQ performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if our QQs can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to QQ? That is a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. I love QQ. But I truly QQ and am QQ-ing at the way you chose to put your customers through so much QQ for absolutely good or justifiable reasons.

I truly hope I improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

Originally Posted by kinegos

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

Send this to seven people or else Bloody Mary will kill you in your sleep.

I said this before, I will say it again, Bioware is not worried about server performance they know exactly what they can handle. The fact they have stopped sending out emails at 2.3opm CST with over 3 business left in the day shows, they are merely rewarding loyalty.

A big middle finger to those that still pre-ordered but didn't do it week one.

This is what I am thinking also...

Good Job