Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

only read the first line. and the people I have seen complaining are those that ordered the game and entered their codes the first day available, yet are still not in early, while others who ordered later are in right now.

to me that is a good reason to be upset when they stated invites were based on when you put your code in.

I have to admit I find it hard to believe that people that really did enter their codes on day one didn't get invites. Honestly, did you really enter your code or did you buy the game day one and forget to enter it for a week or two?

I'm glad they are doing it staggered like this for server stability. This will be the smoothest launch I have ever seen, I bet. Granted I want to be in the game right now but I'll live. I will catch up to my guild in no time. Patience is a virtue :)

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of just opening the game up to everyone at once and having the servers slammed, tons of overflood issues and the technical problems that go with it, they decided it would make more sense to stagger the entry.

The new zones will be less overcrowded on official launch day.

They also decided it would be based on the date of pre-order, why? Well, because it makes sense to reward those who ordered earliest with first crack and then move down the line with later dates. Smart, in my opinion. It develops loyalty by rewarding customer loyalty.

Finally, those who are saying November and December pre-order folks are in today's pre-launch are full of it. I pre-ordered 11/11/11 and I do not expect to get in for at least four days (that means I get 3 early access days). I am the one who waited to pre-order in November, my responsibility. I am owed nothing but an excellent game that is in excellent shape at launch. Everything else is gravy.

At this rate you'll be lucky to get 1 day. We'll see if your stance changes if this comes to fruition.

Edited by UA_Wookie

of course all of us want to play and be in now, but we want to be able to play and move around, have mobs to fight and not stand around for an hour fighting people for a kill. :)

After experiencing ugly lag at times in one of the betas, I trust this wave approach.

this! i can wait 10 more days if this means i can play through zones without being forced to KS or fight for every kill... in beta overloaded zones ware nightmare and i hope this wont repeat in EGA or during launch :)

Okay, I just left my house for lunch a few moments ago and I just got my email. Code was redeemed on the 21st, but listed as 25th of July.

Waiting for the emails for my hubby (28th of July), Wife (9th of Sept), and Son (28th of July).

August 9th here so I don't expect to get mine for a few more days. I did pick it up on July 21st but the store didn't give me a pre order code.... I thought it was on the receipt ( which annoyingly was the same length as the actual code )

It was only after customer services helped me out and I proved my purchase did they register my pre order :(

Oh well, I'm disappointed but in no way angry. After all Up to 5 days is still 2 days away :p

:eek: ROFL this thread is making my day, definately more entertaining and something to read while I patiently (ok maybe not so patient) wait for my email to be delivered by Santa of Bioware.

It amazes me how so many people are so angry with the current situtation. I pre-ordered my game in October and understood that early game access would take place 5 days before the 20th. So today is 7 days before the game goes live. Thats super nice of Bioware to have extended it by 2 days.

Everyone relax, get an alcoholic beverage, put a movie in the DVD and wait patiently. You already know the game is awesome so please stop wigging out. It will be ok and when you do sign into game for the first time.....well......this thread wont matter anymore.

Cheers, enjoy your day and May the Force be with you all.

I watched all day as my server went from medium pop to now full pop in less than 3 hours. I hope they fix this by the time of the release or there will be a lot of people waiting in Q for a long time.

Jedi Covenant

Full

PvE

East

I'll be honest, at first I was a bit "meh" about SW:TOR, then I checked back and I was interested. Then life went on and I checked back again, and I even decided to pre-order!

Now, the reason I pre-ordered was not purely to solidify EA/Bioware's economic future /sarcasmoff but it was to get... yes, you guessed it... early access.

But really, after playing the beta, I know I will pretty much wait and wait and wait and still be happy when I finally get to play.

So, cheers Bioware, and thanks for the colour stone!

:D

Thats right i just got in the game, and I plan on power leveling real quick since i spent 7 months in beta and know some tricks. But by the time some of you get in the game, I'm gonna be waiting for you to start questing in world pvp area's then I'm going to gank the heck out of you!!! Noob

And thus spoke the kid, yet to become a teenager.

I thought everyone that pre-ordered was guaranteed to play 5 days early? If not that's a massive bummer. Oh well I've wasted £5 doing more idiotic things.. So no biggie..

Today is 7 days early, not 5. So you're not guaranteed anything today.

This doesnt make much sense...i pre ordered ages ago and redeemed my code as soon as i got it.. I then after a while talked some friends into doing the same.

Now one of those friends has access and i still dont so i'm not sure whats going on now

Is "ages ago" an exact date?

OH no they did early access 2 days before they said they were gonna do it . oh no that means 2 extra days and oh no that means if you don't get invite today you will get it tommorow and oh no that means 1 extra day then you had before the original 15th date . Jeez you guys have to get over urselves and calm down.

Also look at the forum time if they go by that time it means 6 hrs from now they will start the waves again.

I am an older player, and probably have more patience than some of the folks experessing themselves on this post. Here is what I see...a generation of kids and young adults who have the "I want it now" bug. A generation of kids that think because they paid for something, they are entitled to some sort of perfection that most of us cannot attain on a good day. Ill tell you what I tell my 9 year olds....get over it. Life is not perfect. Things go wrong. Getting your panties all waddled up is hurting no one but yourself. Nothing will change as a result of your whining. Bottome line, they are doing the best they can. Cut them some slack. Go take a shower, cus Lord knows once you go live, it will be a while before you grace the bath with your presence!:D

As an "older player" maybe you understand the notion of having to schedule your game time around your real life obligations like a job and family.

When they said they were pushing up the early access, I changed schedules accordingly.

Now it is "well that's just a bonus." Maybe its a bonus for people who have no obligations and waiting on an email to play a game doesn't interrupt their lives.

As was said before:

I got warning of beta tests.

I got warning of when guild cutoffs were happening.

No warning about when I can play this game?

They're launching the week of christmas. A lot of people relied on scheduling a day or two in the early access to get any game time in *THIS YEAR*.

So really, can it. Older is clearly not wiser.

Hello

I preordered the collectors edition game the first day from gamestop and they took a few days to tell me that it wasnt available to be shipped to Canada as was advertised, so I then ordered directly from SWTOR and registered it on the 27th. Can I have access now please? I should not be penalized for gamestops error.

Thanks

Epic fail