What's the incentive to continue to pvp pre 1.2? for new 50's.

Kaesoron

With what little info we have on new pvp gear, what is the incentive to continue to pvp pre 1.2?

With Centurion gear becoming obsolete due to the new entry level gear. The only incentive I can see is to aquire champion gear in an effort to make the road to BM a little bit easier.

K.

Edited by Kaesoron

If you're PvPing for "rewards", then you should delete your account, because that's not what PvP is about. If you want rewards, go PvE.

Hehe I saw that answer coming!

For the most part I do enjoy pvp. For the past few days I have been getting my little butt kicked with my new 50 shadow which I dont really mind so much, but I started wondering how different it will be come 1.2, what to do with current commendations etc...

K.

Edited by Kaesoron

If you're PvPing for "rewards", then you should delete your account, because that's not what PvP is about. If you want rewards, go PvE.

Thanks for updating everyone on PVP means what you want it to me, god people were getting enjoyment from PVP from other aspects, thanks for setting us all straight.

I think his question is valid, since if i don't pvp grind to, at least, get some pvp gear... I don't stand a chance against anyone.

In this situation, pvp is not very fun.

It is a valid question to a point, but due to me being silly :rolleyes: and pushing enter by accident it appeared a little out of context. I have re-named the thread :)

As a new'ish 50 I wonder if I should continue to collect commendations, spend them or just wait until 1.2 is out.

K.

Edited by Kaesoron

What if we like pvp and are just trying to stay competitive since its lame gear based pvp. Your actually looking like quite an ***.

OP has a point though, because the other thread is even talking about how the expertise on the rookie set is higher then champion, so what incentive is there?

Edited by MartyrLXXVII

This is a giant contradiction. So PvE is about getting rewards, but PvP can't be like that? I keep hearing people should enjoy PvPing for the fun of it, and enjoy a level playing field. Fine. Give me easy to acquire PvE gear because I should be able to enjoy PvE for the FUN OF IT right? To see the cutscenes and the bosses am I right? Get out of here with this crap. It's a gigantic one sided argument. I am so tired of hearing novice pvpers whine about even playing fields and how one isn't a real pvper if you enjoy gear progression because its a crutch. The same bads whining about gear will Still be bad in 1.2

With what little info we have on new pvp gear, what is the incentive to continue to pvp pre 1.2?

With Centurion gear becoming obsolete due to the new entry level gear. The only incentive I can see is to aquire champion gear in an effort to make the road to BM a little bit easier.

K.

Because, rated is coming, and so everyone should be striving to become the best they can skill wise if they want to succeed in it.

This is a giant contradiction. So PvE is about getting rewards, but PvP can't be like that? I keep hearing people should enjoy PvPing for the fun of it, and enjoy a level playing field. Fine. Give me easy to acquire PvE gear because I should be able to enjoy PvE for the FUN OF IT right? To see the cutscenes and the bosses am I right? Get out of here with this crap. It's a gigantic one sided argument. I am so tired of hearing novice pvpers whine about even playing fields and how one isn't a real pvper if you enjoy gear progression because its a crutch. The same bads whining about gear will Still be bad in 1.2

I bet you think playing Solitaire and playing Poker against real people is the same. Both use a deck of cards, right?

PvE is quest memorization. The reward is gear progression, so you can start trying to memorize the next cool quest.

PvP is .. not that. Its live, interactive, chaotic, and exhilarating competition. If you were a real competitor or knew any (think Olympics, not "pro sports"), you'd know they do it for the sake of doing it, for the glory, for the honor, not for the "payout".

That is why kiddies think "gear progression = pvp".

Edited by Zaodon

Personally I am taking a pvp break. I have my points capped out and am simply doing pve stuff I have put off. More than enough to do with how little I play until 1.2 is out.

Also I need the time to collect arse tons of metals so my friend can craft my augment crit orange gear.

I bet you think playing Solitaire and playing Poker against real people is the same. Both use a deck of cards, right?

PvE is quest memorization. The reward is gear progression, so you can start trying to memorize the next cool quest.

PvP is .. not that. Its live, interactive, chaotic, and exhilarating competition. If you were real competitor or knew any (think Olympics, not "pro sports"), you'd know they do it for the sake of doing it, for the glory, for the honor, not for the "payout".

There is no way this guy isn't a teenager. Just saying.

Hehe I saw that answer coming!

For the most part I do enjoy pvp. For the past few days I have been getting my little butt kicked with my new 50 shadow which I dont really mind so much, but I started wondering how different it will be come 1.2, what to do with current commendations etc...

K.

Takes all of two weeks to full champ if you do your dalies. Kiddy reward systems aside, pvp because it is fun. Funny though, as i say that, I think of countless pvpers that have quit due to the pvp being yawn.

PvP is .. not that. Its live, interactive, chaotic, and exhilarating competition. If you were a real competitor or knew any (think Olympics, not "pro sports"), you'd know they do it for the sake of doing it, for the glory, for the honor, not for the "payout".

Pro sports is about the game, not money. Just like working out has nothing to do with getting laid.

All kidding aside, nice point.

Your first comment is pure trolling so I won't bother with a response aside from commending your plethora of wit. Comparing PvP in a game to the Olympics is apples and oranges good sir. I agree with your assessment of PvP and PvE though. I too despise gear grinds. I am not endorsing a gear grind. I was pointing out the flaw in your argument, and my irritation at the sheer amount of crying going on in these forums.

It is your opinion that PvP and PvE progression are viewed with two different scopes. Sure PvE becomes routine, essentially building a need for gear progression so you can carry on into the next raid, but I can not stress enough that tho PvP is more dynamic and involved because of the constant variety of opponents, eventually it will grow stale, just as PvE does. Only at a slower rate.

Not to mention the OP asked a question and you quickly fired off the same propaganda thats all over these types of threads, and completely missed the fact that your response had nothing to do with the OP's question. Irritating and arrogant.

Your first comment is pure trolling so I won't bother with a response aside from commending your plethora of wit. Comparing PvP in a game to the Olympics is apples and oranges good sir. I agree with your assessment of PvP and PvE though. I too despise gear grinds. I am not endorsing a gear grind. I was pointing out the flaw in your argument, and my irritation at the sheer amount of crying going on in these forums.

It is your opinion that PvP and PvE progression are viewed with two different scopes. Sure PvE becomes routine, essentially building a need for gear progression so you can carry on into the next raid, but I can not stress enough that tho PvP is more dynamic and involved because of the constant variety of opponents, eventually it will grow stale, just as PvE does. Only at a slower rate.

Not to mention the OP asked a question and you quickly fired off the same propaganda thats all over these types of threads, and completely missed the fact that your response had nothing to do with the OP's question. Irritating and arrogant.

His opinion is arrogant. Yours is....wait....what? What makses your cryng any different than his, mine, that guys?

I think what he means is, in the time period between now and 1.2 people who are BM are still getting stuff that will be super-beneficial to them in PvP while the people who aren't BM yet are wasting their time getting gear to be competitive come 1.2.

They should put out the gear changes right now tbh so that way everyone has enough time to get on the playing field.

His opinion is arrogant. Yours is....wait....what? What makses your cryng any different than his, mine, that guys?

No difference if we take your question at face value. Shall we really delve into the technicalities of public discourse? His reply to the OP was arrogant not his debate with me which has been his opinion versus mine. But your "that" guy, so I'll just cease this post.

They should put out the gear changes right now tbh so that way everyone has enough time to get on the playing field.

Yes that would be nice :)

in the time period between now and 1.2 people who are BM are still getting stuff that will be super-beneficial to them in PvP while the people who aren't BM yet are wasting their time getting gear to be competitive come 1.2.

This is the pretty much what I was aiming for. (I did accidentally push the enter button before finishing the inital post :/ It has been a long week hehe..)

As an example I have a Centurion Robe, now should I spend time upgrading it to a Champion Robe or will the new Recruit Robe be better? I doubt I will get to BM anytime soon, what with RL getting in the way.

Thanks

K.

Edited by Kaesoron

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.