1.2 is just more GEAR GRINDING BS!!!

MrHemlocks

But a drastict difference in gear is acceptable?

The rewards don't have to be as large as the difference in gear is. It's enough to make you feel like their is progression, but not enough to make it feel like your either dominating easily, or getting wiped completely.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But a drastict difference in gear is acceptable?

The rewards don't have to be as large as the difference in gear is. It's enough to make you feel like their is progression, but not enough to make it feel like your either dominating easily, or getting wiped completely.

The dramatic difference in gear was not acceptable. Look at 1.2. Full BM in a week, tops.

Compare to the Legacy system where people have played for months to earn unlocks. That's what the devs are afraid of, benefits to Legacy Level 50 players that would keep newer players several months away minimum from reaching them.

I'd say that's a legitimate fear. Thankfully, the devs are, so far, heading in the direction you proposed. Allowing for classes that were previously locked by faction, new abilities that do not provide a distinct advantage over other players and legacy-based equipment, unique in appearance. I'm sure there'll be more along those lines to come.

A week, on my server is probably a long shot, unless they allow cross server queues. Imperials have dominated from the getgo, which makes it hard to win warzones on fresh 50's etc. My friends have recently hit 50 and 1 has given up on his sages because he couldn't win a warzone, due to being destroyed continuously.

Sure, you can lose and still get commendations, but it really isn't "fun" to do.

Why would anyone ever post that they are quiting, is it for attention, in hope that others will join in on the troll band wagon? We all came into the world crying, but please have some dignity for the rest of your life and leave with some class.

why would anyone ask a question that can easilly be deduced using logic and reason. This is the official game forum. In theory the devs actually read and take into consideration the opinions of the people who pay a monthly sub. for the game.

Now, if you said "i don't understand why people keep posting here when it is obvious bioware does not listen....." you would have a point. ask a beta tester how the communication with this company works.

TLDR Guild Wars 2 is coming. this game will be F2P by the end of the year.

Notice to future MMO developers. Take a page out of Everquest's book, not World of Warcraft. Give us more than 1 zone to level 11-16 in...give us more zones for every level bracket. Give us choice, give us variability, give us random rare spawns, give us class specific gear quests that are WORTH doing (*sniffle* I miss you Etched Ivy!), give us quests that culminate in massive events (LFM for Coldain ring war!).

Everquest offered more of a sandbox than any game since. And I promise you, you'll find more players with fond memories of EQ than you will players with real, lasting memories of WoW.

There was a reason it was called "Evercrack" or "NeverRest". Its because there were SO MANY different ways to use your playtime, it was nearly impossible to get bored.

Do it Bioware.

Notice to future MMO developers. Take a page out of Everquest's book, not World of Warcraft. Give us more than 1 zone to level 11-16 in...give us more zones for every level bracket. Give us choice, give us variability, give us random rare spawns, give us class specific gear quests that are WORTH doing (*sniffle* I miss you Etched Ivy!), give us quests that culminate in massive events (LFM for Coldain ring war!).

Everquest offered more of a sandbox than any game since. And I promise you, you'll find more players with fond memories of EQ than you will players with real, lasting memories of WoW.

There was a reason it was called "Evercrack" or "NeverRest". Its because there were SO MANY different ways to use your playtime, it was nearly impossible to get bored.

Do it Bioware.

No one does sandbox anymore. It is sad, but SWTOR is not a sandbox MMO.

Themeparks make more money right now and BW knows this...maybe one day there will be a new Triple A sandbox type MMO, but this is not it.

They should just give the best gear at 50 and lets watch this game die in 1 week.

Or they could have a gear grind so even the winner has no idea if he actually just won.

One day mmos will figure out that gear grinds do not work in pvp if you want any sort of competitive gameplay.

Or they could have a gear grind so even the winner has no idea if he actually just won.

One day mmos will figure out that gear grinds do not work in pvp if you want any sort of competitive gameplay.

One day you will realize that mmos don't really give a crap about competitive gameplay or skill based pvp. One day you will realize that you are in the wrong game and just here because it has that Star Wars logo. You will get owned in competitive pvp even before you set foot in it.

One day you will realize that mmos don't really give a crap about competitive gameplay or skill based pvp. One day you will realize that you are in the wrong game and just here because it has that Star Wars logo. You will get owned in competitive pvp even before you set foot in it.

Then we should promote competitive gameplay to the devs!

I'd love to be owned by someone in pvp, sadly I've pretty much figured out every spec for each class, know their stat builds "pretty much the same for every class in pvp." I would love to work on my rotation again : /

This is an RPG lol... wasn't sure if you were aware, this isnt SW-Battlefront

I know right. I remember when basketball and football and baseball first came out, I was all like, WOW... but then I hit max level and there was no gear or level to grind for, just a game with rules and other people to play with/against.

Total bull****.

I'm so glad those games failed.

What the hec are you doing here then, instead of playing basketball, football, baseball? The analogy you made is so off the wall, I actually feel ashamed that I even bothered replying. lol

Then we should promote competitive gameplay to the devs!

I'd love to be owned by someone in pvp, sadly I've pretty much figured out every spec for each class, know their stat builds "pretty much the same for every class in pvp." I would love to work on my rotation again : /

I own bad-asses everyday in WZs, then I get owned myself sometimes. I think you have selective memory if you think you dont ever get own. Either that, or you get hit so hard when you are owned, that you block it out completely.

MMO Games would fail if not for the grinds... let me as you what would happen if you got every piece of gear you wanted the min you hit 50? You got an upgrade from every boss in every FP or OPS guaranteed every single time?

Everyone would have a 50 of every toon get bored and quit in 6 months flat as there is nothing to do... they would have to push new content every single month to keep people playing.

SWG wasn't a gear grind in fact you didn't even worry about levels only professions. It was great until they started to mimic the status quo.

I don't particularly mind the gear grind in SWTOR. I'm not a fan of grinding, but it's not that bad here relatively speaking.

What I don't like is the constant changing of the way the barter system works. Can't they figure out a system to do it and keep that way?

I own bad-asses everyday in WZs, then I get owned myself sometimes. I think you have selective memory if you think you dont ever get own. Either that, or you get hit so hard when you are owned, that you block it out completely.

Oh I die all the time in pvp, hooked into 3+ people? dead. Decent Sentinel gets all up on my sniper with full resolve? Yeah my Sniper is toast.

I think we look at owned differently, someone owning me would mean they were on an even level gear wise and out played me without outside factors and that hasnt happened for awhile now.

I'd like to be outplayed so I can rework my order, find flaws in my gameplay and possibly rethink my 41 pt build, sadly i cant do this without something to use as a referance.

I'm the guy who figures out how to play his toon, finds the top end dps build, best pvp build for certain situations and shows them to all with the hope that there will be feedback countering my ideas so that I can see things from all point of views.

None of this is possible with gear being the deciding factor in pvp, I cant rework my cast order if I'm killing people in 4 hits when it takes them 10 hits to kill me all due to expertise, total hit point pool and vice versa.

I hope the next mmo figures this out so I can actually enjoy some pvp again one day : /

SWG wasn't a gear grind in fact you didn't even worry about levels only professions. It was great until they started to mimic the status quo.

It wasn't a grind to max out your build? Lol. It wasnt a grind gathering mats? You didn't grind boss's for rare mods?

How about getting jedi... you cant tell me that wasnt a grind...

Even dancers had to grind the cantinas.

Not saying it wasn't fun, but there was definately alot of grinding.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.