Can I buy another's class items?

kreeshak

Suppose another class item has an enhancement in it that I like, while my class items do not have that enhancement. Can I buy that other class item, remove the enhancement and use it on my own armor?

and while you are reading my thread whats the correct syntax for "another's class"?

Edited by kreeshak

Definatly, I assume you mean off the Trade Network or an NPC vendor?

If its a Vendor, be sure to scroll through them all and make sure there isn't a similar piece for your class (which may be more beneficial for you). Since alot of vendors will carry the same orange items for each class (IE an orange shirt for each class at one Vendor)

As long as the item is Orange (or Purple at higher levels) the Mods can always be transferred

I'm using a chest on my knight that had aim mods in it when i got it, moved those to my droid and popped in appropriate mods.

You could also make your smuggler-like companions look more like sentinels or your troopery ones like knights.

Just watch out for stuff that has a class requirement if you want to get it for your companion, they can't use any of that. You can use gear that needs a social or dark/light side rank, you just need to have that rank on your main char to use it on your companion.

About purples: they still have some base stats if you take all the mods out, kind of a waste if that's not your kind of stats.

Edited by Fei-Ke

As long as the item doesn't say 'Requires <insert a different class than yours here>' you're fine. If you can wear the armor type (Light, Medium, Heavy) and the class requirement is either your own, or is not there at all, you can replace the mods with ones that work for you. I bought a few Sith Warrior pieces for my Sniper because I couldn't stand the head slot choices for the Sniper. Replaced the modifications with Cun/End ones and I was good to go.