So... legacy unlocks require levels AND 2 Million credits?

Spankyjnco

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do raids often you can't get any money cause the gear repair prices are ridiculously high.It's as if you are paying credits to raid.

If you like questing even after your story line has ended and treat SWTOR as a sandbox MMO

you can get a lot of money.I do a lot of quests and bonus series just for the fun and I've earned more than 3.000.000 credits since the game launched.

But indeed the legacy tree prices are too high and having to spend 250k for an ability I already have just because they moved it to the legacy tree is just lame.

Edited by Enkenon

It's an understandable mistake.

According to recent reports it appears things are becoming a bit more clear. Species unlocks can be bought at legacy level 5 or gained through leveling that species to 50. So even if you hit the legacy level to access them you still need to pay.

There are other situations where it is required you PAY credits as well as LEVEL your Legacy.

For example:

SHIP UNLOCKS:

• Repair droid: Purchase it for 1 million credits (req legacy level 7).

• Ship Mailbox: Purchase it for 500 k credits (req legacy level 10).

• Operation training dummy: Purchase it for 500k (req legacy level 10).

• Warzone training dummy: Purchase it for 500k (req legacy level 10).

• Galactic Market Kiosk: Purchase it for 5 million (req legacy level 25).

So you level your legacy, and also spend your cheese. :D

- DH

So if i purchase those on one of my toons do they become available for all my toons? Or do ineed to purchase again on every toon?

I've made 780K in two days by doing Ilum/Belsavis dailies and selling crap. I could have sold a Rakata implant during that time too and increased the total to well over the million. I just don't see how people can complain about it being hard to earn money.

If you run ops all day then that's what you're dedicated to. I wish I could do that stuff but I'm foremost playing PvP and because of that I'm never able to join an Ops, people simply don't want to play with me due to my lack of PvE gear. That's the price I pay. You have to cut back on something to be able to do earn something els, that's just how it is. IIf BW were to cater to all the complaints I'd be getting 100K, a full set of Rakata gear and a new speeder for every WZ I played.

Edited by MidichIorian

Forcing people into farming 2 mill a shot is going to make ppl leave, this place will be more dead then swg. when they started screwing with stuff

I so agree, the day after NGE launched SWG was so dead, most people's friends list including my own were so barren with no one ever coming on anymore it made the game feel like a Ghost Town.

Good luck with legacy. I will not use it until u make things free like it should be. Look at Guild Leveling in WoW every perk is free! If u want ur legacy to be like guild leveling u should enable it to most people not just 5% od players.

Not everything is free with WoW's guild perks. You have to spend gold for example to get the pets and mounts.

That said...I donot think we should have to pay credits to add a mailbox and repair droid to our ship. Those two should have been there when we got our ship. :p

So if i purchase those on one of my toons do they become available for all my toons? Or do ineed to purchase again on every toon?

I would hope that it unlocks for all Characters and doesn't need to be individually purchased between your Main & Alts

Hi all,

We wanted to point everyone towards this post from GeorgZoeller regarding legacy unlock costs which you may find helpful.

You're not likely to have any significant legacy levels if you just play characters in the 20 to 30 range. You only unlock legacy levels once you finish chapter 1 ( ~ level 30) with a character in the first place.

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

Guild Summit Day 2 NDA Lifted! Brand New 1.2 Info!

Hope that helps!

Yeah that sounds better, I have no problem wanting to level a character because I will want to see their story line, but I do wish the new ship options were in the 250 range. I would love to have a mailbox, AH, additional locker, repair bot on board my ship and not have it break me. :confused:

Hi all,

We wanted to point everyone towards this post from GeorgZoeller regarding legacy unlock costs which you may find helpful.

Guild Summit Day 2 NDA Lifted! Brand New 1.2 Info!

Hope that helps!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.