So... legacy unlocks require levels AND 2 Million credits?

Spankyjnco

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I love doing dailies, Heroics and flashpoints, but it must be nice having a group when you play. I don't like to ask for anything, but what are players like me suppose to do? I'm willing to put in the time to farm, but I can't do that either. What do you suggest for a player like me when I run out of missions?:o

I can solo all of the dailys except for Old Enemies on belsavis. I rarely run with a group other than a 5-10 min group which, be honest, i'm sure you aren't the only person on the server looking to complete daily heroics.

you can't farm? i'm wondering why not. are you a Cybertech or Artifice? they make lots of money. or you can get 3 gathering professions and sell the stuff you collect on the GTN.

There really is no excuse to be broke in this game. unless you can only play for like an hour a day.

The credits wouldn't concern me in the slightest If there was a functioning economy in swtor instead of the complete mess that's there now.

It's not so much earning the credits as having to wrestle with the GTN UI.

But a functioning economy is an mmo feature. So I'm not sure how it fits into The BW Story.

Good luck with legacy. I will not use it until u make things free like it should be. Look at Guild Leveling in WoW every perk is free! If u want ur legacy to be like guild leveling u should enable it to most people not just 5% od players.

I can solo all of the dailys except for Old Enemies on belsavis. I rarely run with a group other than a 5-10 min group which, be honest, i'm sure you aren't the only person on the server looking to complete daily heroics.

you can't farm? i'm wondering why not. are you a Cybertech or Artifice? they make lots of money. or you can get 3 gathering professions and sell the stuff you collect on the GTN.

There really is no excuse to be broke in this game. unless you can only play for like an hour a day.

someone did the math it's 13.2 mil for all the unlocks. that's a lot of red goo up on the gtn

Good point its a mmo must, right now its a walking cluster, like launching a game without a guild bank lol,or a bad lfg tab, stuff now is rushed no1 takes time to add basic elements any more, what do you expect from a ea product, they ship ps3 games alll the time that have more bugs in them then i can count, then have to wait for ever to get patch, its all about making the money, say what they want to say so you buy then give u a big green donkey $%$# sideways. i think some of the ppl over at sony in the old swg department got a job at bio

QUOTE=RodneyMmKay;3577458]The credits wouldn't concern me in the slightest If there was a functioning economy in swtor instead of the complete mess that's there now.

It's not so much earning the credits as having to wrestle with the GTN UI.

But a functioning economy is an mmo feature. So I'm not sure how it fits into The BW Story.

Edited by jimmyjediknight

ok, lets say all of the legacy unlock stuff cost a total of 20,000 credits. now i'm going to assume everyone can afford it.

now everyone will be complaing about how easy it is and how bioware is spoon feeding us.

i swear, it's like talking religion or politics with you people.

if you don't wanna spend time farming, or doing dailys or crafting. geez.

you want a million credits for finishing Eternity Vault?

half a million for a warzone win?

sigh...

Good luck with legacy. I will not use it until u make things free like it should be. Look at Guild Leveling in WoW every perk is free! If u want ur legacy to be like guild leveling u should enable it to most people not just 5% od players.

Strange, when you go to get some of the perks from guild levels you have to pay for them.

How odd.:tran_grin:

I dont mind spending money, but 2 mill an up per is abit steeep, like i said some players who has moeny to blow will just go online an buy the credits will real money like they do on wow, so really does not matter. this ant my first mmo i was on wow,sto,ddo,eve,swg dark ages of camolot, all on release an played for years

Im not in a guild an finding a group is like pulling teeth, when you look at your server an hardley anyone is one and when they are they dont wanna group.

when you avertise one thing then slip thing is on the back end thats dirty, when bio said you get all these thing by unlocking legacy an gaining the lvls.

I HAVE PLenty of time on my hands to go get money if i choose, but some ppl cant play all day everyday they have a real life, so they are to suffer cuz they cant farm 2 mill credit, some ppl can only play a few hours a day, not 12

not everyone can live.breath,eat,sleep star wars stay online farming 24/7 365 like some ppl do on wow playing 0 50 hours at a time farming.

Yes iv been on here 19 hours at one time before but i was lvling not running around farming

Any idea how much buying a race would cost? .

Here's a screen shot of the species legacy access window:

mmo-mechanics.com Legacy Species Unlocks

Here's the price list if you don't level that species.

As was stated from the source, this is subject to possibly change...or not.

• Chiss – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8

• Cyborg – Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8

• Human – Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8

• Miraluka – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8

• Mirialan – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Rattataki – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Sith Pureblood – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Twilek – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

• Zabrak – Unlockable for 500,000* credits , legacy level 8

Edited by Diet-Hutt

"Where am I suppose to get that 5M from?"

please allow someone with autism and 20+million credits to answer this for you:

dailys on belsavis and ilum = 200k a day

8 space missions = 90k a day

290k x 60 days (assuming you've only been 50 for 60 days but we both know how uber you are and that you hit 50 by Christmas but for arguments sake we'll go with 60)

lets see....17,400,000 credits.

oh, you don't like grinding dailys and playing that silly rail shooter? well...you just want bioware to hand it to you?

MAN UP.

^ This guy with autism just shamed you complainers.

Well some people cant do alll that in one day, some people have a life , dont live with mom an daddy have bills and can play star wars 24 hours a day. so no he did not shame anyone since he has the time to do all that,

lets not pull the i have autism card, im sorry to hear that but has no relevance, thats like me saying Im a 30% disabled u.s army vet I shame you, its pointless

for the people who will say im full of b.s

I was a 19k brovo co 2 69 ar within 3rd id

1 68 ar 4th id

so lets not get out of hand here

^ This guy with autism just shamed you complainers.

I see it like this... How long has the game been out? 4 months? The Legacy system should have been in day 1, they used it to sell their game as a "new" and "Innovative" feature. The game comes out and at 30 you got a Legacy name? Now, 4 months later they haven't even managed to get the system finished... yet they want me to spend credits I don't have on in game Perks. Sorry Bioware I EARNED those paying 15 a month for what seems like a game that is finally complete 4 months later. Give me a break.

Edit and I use the word "Complete" loosely.

Edited by Newsinz

Well said, they dont mind taking your 15 a month tho, thats my other mmo are going free to play , if you want the extras you pay 14,99 month or buy the dlc, ddo,st,dc universe are free to play matter of time untill wow goes that way they have been pounding 14;99 out of ppl for years, wow now is dry as a bad turkey

I see it like this... How long has the game been out? 4 months? The Legacy system should have been in day 1, they used it to sell their game as a "new" and "Innovative" feature. The game comes out and at 30 you got a Legacy name? Now, 4 months later they haven't even managed to get the system finished... yet they want me to spend credits I don't have on in game Perks. Sorry Bioware I EARNED those paying 15 a month for what seems like a game that is finally complete 4 months later. Give me a break.

when a game get tangled with high demand of ingame currency... it became the source where the credit farmer BORN.

behold STAR WARS V : THE FARMER STRIKES BACK

prepare to get your galaxy economy fk'd up, and constant spamming on general chat/trade channel of credit selling.

Edited by Hardyson

i looked an posted you can buy 100000 credits for almost 700.00 real cash lol the farming sites are already here. thats like when ppl were selling chars on wow for 1000 bucks to only have them red flaged

when a game get tangled with high demand of ingame currency... it became the source where the gold farmer BORN.

behold STAR WARS V : THE FARMER STRIKES BACK

prepare to get your galaxy economy fk'd up, and constant spamming on general chat/trade channel of credit selling.

I do honestly fail to see your problems with getting your hands on cash ingame.

I am a slow and leisurely player amd have tested the different chars a lot, deleting several in their high teens or tween. This has most certainly impeded my leveing and my Legacy.

Highest char at the moment : level 38. Cash on all active (5) chars together ? Roughly 3 mil. without endgame dailies for 200k /day. 3 mil at level 38 !

So what are you guys doing wrong that getting money is "impossible" ?

And yes I have a small fortune invested in "yet to be used" alternate equipment for my toons and unsed slots like orange gear. Funnily enough, I have no real desire formost of the legacy" enabled stuff-for-credits (what possible use is a white weapon crystal to my Scoundrel ?)

So call me "oldfashioned" and excuse my frankness, but this smacks of laziness. less griping, more application of brain power !

Look let me ask, if not for legacy gold sinks how do you expect to get credits away from people? Some of us have multiple toons at 50. Some people have groups to run dailies with every day on all of their toons. (Stupid easy and stupid fast if everyone knows what to do) Some of these people have absolutely NO interest in a fat ashed boat for a mount or a crystal, purdy crystal from a vendor. It is people like that they worry about. The ones who do massive amounts of dailies "generating" credits legally and well within the game mechanics.

I look at the GTN on the ship and think "too much for something that frivolous". Yes i can buy it, but WHY would I? And buying a race... Idk about most of you, but after about level 20 i don't see my toon's melon anymore so why spend credits on it? mailbox on ship? Yeah, you got me on that one, probably on the vendor as well. Bioware is at least TRYING to pull currency out and i respect how they are doing it.

there you go you hit it right on the head, this will bring in the spam bots, like wow an star trek online . sorry i dont want my pm box full an in game chat spamed with want 10,000 credits for 35.99

Thanks Bioware, here come the gold farmers and the spamming of the chat channels!

Look let me ask, if not for legacy gold sinks how do you expect to get credits away from people? Some of us have multiple toons at 50. Some people have groups to run dailies with every day on all of their toons. (Stupid easy and stupid fast if everyone knows what to do) Some of these people have absolutely NO interest in a fat ashed boat for a mount or a crystal, purdy crystal from a vendor. It is people like that they worry about. The ones who do massive amounts of dailies "generating" credits legally and well within the game mechanics.

I look at the GTN on the ship and think "too much for something that frivolous". Yes i can buy it, but WHY would I? And buying a race... Idk about most of you, but after about level 20 i don't see my toon's melon anymore so why spend credits on it? mailbox on ship? Yeah, you got me on that one, probably on the vendor as well. Bioware is at least TRYING to pull currency out and i respect how they are doing it.

For me its the Principle man lol. Legacy SHOULD have been finished MONTHS ago. They advertised it as being great and awesome. Then when it launched they had a Legacy name at 30. Then said we will be adding in the rest at a later date.... THEN they announce it people get excited and now we have to PAY credits to buy crap we should have been able to buy in the first place. That's the main issue. Im just saying I pay 15 a month to play a game that was said to be complete and its not... at all.

Lets look at my gaming experience here on SWTOR:

First character, Scoundrel this is the character I had been playing sense the pre release access. I was looking forward to playing the character and PvPing. It gets Nerfed... bad. In 1.2? Whats happening? ANOTHER Nerf making a average Burst DPS class, a waste of time all together. Unless I want to heal... but oh wait...

Second Character, Seer This was going to be my awesome healer class. I get fixing the bugs that weren't supposed to be there but nerfing our heals and taking away resplendence? Come on Lame.

3rd Character, Trooper! Awesome I'm going to blow stuff up. NERF you now suck.

4th Character, Sentinel Yeah do I even need to go there? They are squishy but my god their damage is OP you nerf Scoundrels and then in 1.2 don't touch sentinel in fact they get a buff? They eat people alive in PvP... no fun.

Level 34 Legacy: Awesome at least Ill get some cool stuff for all the hard work I put into this game. "WHAT!?! I have to pay 5 million and have a legacy level high enough to get this GTN!? are you kidding me?!"

This game is nerf heavy and they really do not give a crap about any of their fans. At least that's how I am seeing this.

Edited by Newsinz