The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP video of fun game last night

Mandilio

I think he is right about backpedalling though. If you need to position yourself you can always jump and then spin the camera with your mouse so you only face backwards for a slight second.

I do this to flash grenade people without losing forward momentum. Of course with my crappy 300ping i get "not facing target" a lot.

Edit: About the video i thought it was pretty good. I actually learned a few things about healing from that jump spot and using extricate more. Normally i only ever use extricate in Huttball or if i'm being focused and want someone to help me.

Edited by namelless

I think he is right about backpedalling though. If you need to position yourself you can always jump and then spin the camera with your mouse so you only face backwards for a slight second.

I do this to flash grenade people without losing forward momentum. Of course with my crappy 300ping i get "not facing target" a lot.

Right, and I agree that if I'm running and want to stun someone behind me I'll jump, spin camera, fire, and spin camera right back.

What I'm saying is that if I'm overheated for whatever reason and need to build up supercharged gas while moving I need to keep firing Rapid Shots over and over. That's impossible to do while keeping forward momentum (at least as far as I can tell).

What I'm saying is that if I'm overheated for whatever reason and need to build up supercharged gas while moving I need to keep firing Rapid Shots over and over. That's impossible to do while keeping forward momentum (at least as far as I can tell).

If rapid shot is usable whilst moving can't you just strafe with q/e or a/d if you rebound them instead of using s? That way you keep forward momentum whilst shooting at your target.

Edit: It's difficult to position it, but the arc is pretty big so usually if you're moving forward whilst side on your character should lean over and shoot them.

Edited by namelless

I truly pity the world , when "common sense" and not being a mouthbreather makes you an elitist or "special".

How about you leave the personal attacks and tell me all the situations where backpedale is better.

P.S. please show on the doll where the mean arena gladiator touched you.

You basically took a video that someone thought was pretty awesome and came in and basically told him he is doing it wrong... You acted like an elitist. I don't know if that's how you meant it... but that's how it came off.

To the OP awesome vid man! It's good you're having fun.

Edited by Newsinz

You basically took a video that someone thought was pretty awesome and came in and basically told him he is doing it wrong... You acted like an elitist. I don't know if that's how you meant it... but that's how it came off.

To the OP awesome vid man! It's good you're having fun.

I am helping him get better? . And i did not say the video was bad, just gave a few suggestions for improvement.

I am helping him get better? . And i did not say the video was bad, just gave a few suggestions for improvement.

BS - Your passive aggressive tone and allusions to greatness via a reference to some pathetic achievement you earned 4 years ago, shows you had absolutely no interest in helping the OP improve. Your ridiculous use of coloured text further enhances the view that your only ambition was to appear superior.

I am happy to discuss your assertion that the OP could double his contribution to the objectives of the contest by unbinding the backpedale (Sp) key. Please highlight where you saw such excessive back-pedalling that you felt by not having done so his performance would have been 100% better.

Every little bit helps. Not to mention adds up.

p.s. and unless i have been hit by a car and had half my brain removed (tho i would still probably be better than half of you), i am still capable of playing something to its maximum potential

Edited by Dmasterr

I truly pity the world , when "common sense" and not being a mouthbreather makes you an elitist or "special".

How about you leave the personal attacks and tell me all the situations where backpedale is better.

P.S. please show on the doll where the mean arena gladiator touched you.

Guys does the fact this kid changes his font colour not scream 'attention whore' enough? Ignore it and move on pls.