The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Has anyone on Test Server tested Pyro?

Ternk

I'm tired of hearing nothing but theorycrafters, whiners, and nerfers battling it out in nerd rage.

Does anyone have any quantitative or qualitative feedback on our heat management and how PPA procs railshot, e.g. does the timer start when the proc happens or when railshot is fired? I'd like to replace the hysteria and rage with reason and knowledge.

Pyro will be fine, they only did this to nerf the parakeet build. This just means we will have a rotation instead of just spamming RP and FB till we get a RS proc lol. It will make the real baddies leave and the good players stay. Thats how i see it

Pyro will be fine, they only did this to nerf the parakeet build. This just means we will have a rotation instead of just spamming RP and FB till we get a RS proc lol. It will make the real baddies leave and the good players stay. Thats how i see it

There is no "rotation" when a Proc is still % Based....

Okay, Theology, the two links you gave me, while good analysis, are theorycraft. I am looking to attract folks that have tested pyro on the Test Server for their real feedback. Do they overheat more easily? Do they feel they can still keep up with other classes? How do the proc mechanics actually work?

and another Troll instigator. Dont feed him pls!

Okay, Theology, the two links you gave me, while good analysis, are theorycraft. I am looking to attract folks that have tested pyro on the Test Server for their real feedback. Do they overheat more easily? Do they feel they can still keep up with other classes? How do the proc mechanics actually work?

Actually, they're not theory craft. The math on the new heat management can be done without testing, easily. And it has been done in both of the links i've sent you.

Powertechs on 1.2 probably aren't overheating because they now rapid shot ~40% of the time to keep their heat low for PPA proc'ing every 6 seconds. Which is exactly the problem.

The heat management rotation can be done right now since we can calculate average proc rate post 1.2, compare it to post proc rate 1.2. It may not be exact, but it's damn close. Close enough to tell us that we'll be over heating if we dont incorporate atleast 2 auto attacks in between the 6 second ICD Edited by Theology

The heat management rotation can be done right now since we can calculate average proc rate post 1.2, compare it to post proc rate 1.2. It may not be exact, but it's damn close. Close enough to tell us that we'll be over heating if we dont incorporate atleast 2 auto attacks in between the 6 second ICD

I am sorry that is not good enough. You're not taking into consideration someone farting in your face, or some Sorc in another WZ casting chain lightning and maybe affecting the server lag, maybe you'll constantly have a pocket marauder helping you take down your foe and you wont need the full rotation. Too many scenarios where your math can be wrong. Yes it needs to be tested live, that's how my brain can accept the fact that it is a bad nerf!!.....<end of sarcasm>

I am sorry that is not good enough. You're not taking into consideration someone farting in your face, or some Sorc in another WZ casting chain lightning and maybe affecting the server lag, maybe you'll constantly have a pocket marauder helping you take down your foe and you wont need the full rotation. Too many scenarios where your math can be wrong. Yes it needs to be tested live, that's how my brain can accept the fact that it is a bad nerf!!.....<end of sarcasm>

Pretty much this ^